A Quick Stop

So I have a bonus for you guys. This is a Halloween film short that I wrote in October. Why am I posting it now? Glad you asked. Until today I could only export a PDF file from my Script software. Now that’s still the case, but my Adobe PDF can now export to word. Yay! So with out further ado…

A Quick Stop
By
Prudi’ika
@2014

EXT. A QUICK MART AT NIGHT
Open on an inner-city gas station at the worst time to be there. The area is well lit and the attendant is safe behind bullet proof glass. A car pulls in. It’s a flashy sports car and definitely sticks out. Daddy gets out and runs inside.

INT. CAR THIEVES VAN
A simple work van, that is anything but. A row of computer monitors line one wall. The three thieves are dressed in street clothes. Hacker sits in a chair in front the computer, Driver sits in a turned around driver’s seat and Thief sits beside him.

THIEF
Do I see what I think I see?

DRIVER
If it’s the new LX 9000, then yes.

THIEF
(To man at computer)
Tell me you got the locking signal.

HACKER
Is the Pope Catholic?
(Tosses Thief a fob)
This’ll even start her up. Enjoy.

THIEF
See you guys at the garage.

Thief gets out of the van. As it leaves, he jogs over to his target.

INT THE LX 9000
The car starts as soon as Thief gets close. He drives off. He stops at a red light.

LITTLE GIRL (O.S.)
You’re not my daddy.

Thief looks in the rear view mirror to see Little Girl looking sleepily back at him. She is in a sun dress and is holding a teddy bear. Her hair is in pigtails.

THIEF
(To himself)
I knew this was too easy.
(To Little Girl)
No I’m not, but if you’re very good I’ll make sure you get back to him.

LITTLE GIRL
This isn’t your car. You stole it.

THIEF
Ten points to queen obvious.
(To himself)
Now where can I ditch you?

Thief starts looking for a safe place to leave Little Girl.

LITTLE GIRL
Watcha doin’?

THIEF
I’m trying to find a place to drop you off.

LITTLE GIRL
You should take the car back.

THIEF
And face your dad? I don’t think so.

LITTLE GIRL
(Her voice older/distorted)
My dad’s not your problem, Stupid. I’m really hungry and that’s not a good time to be alone with me.

THIEF
There’s a dinner just up here. You can… What the fuck!

As he is talking, Thief looks back in the mirror. Little Girl’s eyes are now completely black. He freaks out and swerves off the road. Before the car even stops, Thief is running down a nearby ally.

LITTLE GIRL
(Young again, calling after)
Ooh! I love Tag!

EXT. ALLY WAY NIGHT
The ally unfortunately dead ends. Thief hides behind a dumpster. Little Girl appears at the entrance.

LITTLE GIRL
(Sing song)
Mr. Car Thief? Where did you go? Are you hiding? You didn’t tell me we were playing Hide-n-Seek. Okay I’ll count. One…Two…

Thief tries to get closer to the dumpster and accidentally kicks a bottle across the ground. Little Girl’s head whips around. Almost a blur, she runs over to the hiding place and climbs on top of the dumpster. She pokes her head over the side. Thief recoils.

LITTLE GIRL
(Still sing song)
Three! Found you!
(Mater of fact)
You’re really bad at this game.

THIEF
What the hell are you?

LITTLE GIRL
(Older/distorted voice again)
Your worst nightmare.

She smiles showing perfect teeth and two iconic fangs.

Little Girl drops behind the dumpster, which blocks our view. Crunching and slurping noises can be heard as the screen darkens.

EXT. A QUICK MART AT NIGHT
Daddy comes out of the store. He is dressed in a suit and carrying a brown paper bag. He sees little Girl standing where the car was, holding her bear and sucking her thumb. The remains of her dinner stain her mouth and the front of the dress.

DADDY
Sweetheart, what happened to the car?

LITTLE GIRL
(Young again and around thumb)
Thom guy stold it

DADDY
Oh, really?

LITTLE GIRL
Uh-hu

DADDY
(Holding up the bag)
Well I guess you won’t be needing this then.

Little Girl giggles and shakes her head. Daddy kneels down, takes out a cloth and begins cleaning Little Girl’s face. Little Girl tries to pull away.

DADDY
Stay still Princess. We can’t leave that pretty face of yours dirty.
(Finishes)
There that should do it.

Daddy picks Little Girl up.

DADDY
Now let’s go get you a new dress

The world bends around them and they disappear.

Re: A Quick Stop

is there going to be more of this story?

No. It was for a screen writing class back in October. I just thought I’d share.

You really should keep the story going.