A Sphere Excerpt Ab/dl stuff (updated 3/25/16)

This chapter has some AB/DL elements, so thought I’d post it here too. Some might enjoy it. Most of it can stand by itself. A little backstory.

Sasha, a girl who looks about 7, is an avatar in virtual reality controlled by an 18 year old, to lure people into a false sense of security in games. She is accepted into an elite military academy, and is under going boot camp. After getting brain implants, her body is in complete sync with her avatar. Because her avatar is so much smaller, she is having a lot of accidents because her brain is telling her body to produce the same amount of urine as her adult body. On her first night, she accidentally floods the laundry room (not with pee) and as punishment, she is forced to go to remedial lessons in the morning. Enter scene…

Sasha decided to take Crystal’s advice the next morning. No way was she going to let that stupid desk shock her again! This time she’d be ready! She had even set her alarm an hour earlier than yesterday, in order to sneak down to the kitchen in order to make herself some coffee. Lucky for her, they had modern appliances when it came to making coffee. At least they had their priorities in order here.

She stood to the side as she downed as many cups as she could, before she had to report to remedial lessons. She was determined to stay awake, even if she had a heart attack in the process. The warm bitterness felt so good against the chill of the morning air. Before it was time to leave, she topped off her mug once more, before making her way to the classroom.

When she got to the class, she had expected the holographic teacher to be waiting for her. Instead a silver metallic robot hovered in its place, its many arms going every which way as they moved about in constant motion. It was more like metal tentacles than arms, Sasha thought, as she stood in place trying to count them all.

“Good morning. You must be, Sasha,” it said. She wanted to groan. Its voice was more monotonous and boring than its holographic predecessor. “What is that you’re drinking, little girl?” She frowned at the little girl jab. Didn’t this bucket of bolts know what an avatar was?

“Uh, coffee.”

The robot wasn’t the only addition to the room. Several things appeared to have changed. A chalkboard now hung on the wall, and the entire row of desks had disappeared over night- all except one. It sat in the middle of the room facing the board. It seemed suspicious, but with no other options, she took a seat as she took another gulp of her drink.

“Little girls shouldn’t be drinking coffee; it’s bad for you. Don’t you want to grow up big and strong?”

Sasha was about to complain, but before she could get a single word out, a long metal tentacle wrapped around her thermos and snatched it out of her hands.

“Hey! Give it back!” She stood up, reaching into the empty air like a child that had their stuffed animal taken away. It was bad enough she had to be here, but now they were cutting her off? She had needs! “I’m not a little kid. I’m 18!”

The robot paused, as it looked her up and down with its metallic eyes that zoomed in on her. “Do not lie, little girl, my programmer has informed me that you are seven.” What? Seven! Stupid broken robot! Wait, programmer? Someone told it she was seven? “Maybe that is the reason you have so many accidents. Try drinking something more age appropriate, like juice or milk.”

Sasha’s jaw dropped as her face flushed red. This had Barkley written all over it! How long was he going to try and humiliate her for? She grumbled and rested her face against her fist.

As the class session went on, one thing became clear. If she thought drinking six cups of coffee before class was a good idea, she was mistaken. This teacher was even duller than the last, except now, she was wide-awake. In a weird way, she was glad when she felt the urge to pee come on an hour into the lecture. At least it gave her an excuse to get up and leave. When she stood up, the robot stopped mid sentence and turned to look at her.

“Please remain seated until class is over.”

“I’m going to the bathroom.” Sasha said, as she made her way to the door.

“Sit back down, this is your last warning.”

Sasha snorted. Its monotone and lifeless voice was hardly threatening. She rolled her eyes and continued towards the door. All she had taken was a single step, before metal arms sprung from the floor, grabbed her by the leg, and dragged the kicking and screaming girl back to the desk. Her shirt rode up and she let out a yelp as the cold linoleum floor made contact with her bare stomach. At least it wasn’t carpeted.

“Ouch! Let go of me!” She said, as the metal arms picked her up off the floor. She struggled to break free, before she was set back down in the chair with a loud thunk.

"I didn’t want to do this, but you left me no choice. " Straps appeared and began to buckle her down. Her wrists were confined behind her chair and her legs and chest were bound. As much as she tried to struggle, she couldn’t budge. All she could do was glare. It was almost as if the robot smirked, before it continued where it left off. There was no way in hell Barkley wasn’t behind this. She could just picture him gloating behind a computer screen. Who else was sick enough to tie someone up just for trying to go to the bathroom?

“Don’t look so down; I know what will cheer you up.” Sasha stared transfixed as the metallic tentacles flew across the board with such brisk and agile movements. She cringed at the image that began to appear. “All little girls like ponies.” It said when it was done. This was just cruel and unusual punishment.

Time seemed to have slowed to a crawl. The robots once quick movements were now slow and deliberate, at least it seemed that way to her. Whether it was because the robot was doing it on purpose to torture her, or because she had to pee, she was unsure of. All she knew was she’d be in trouble if it didn’t untie her. This was bad; she really did have to pee, but with her body restrained she was forced to sit in place. Yes, drinking six cups of coffee was a terrible idea.

Another twenty minutes in, she squirmed and rocked against her restraints, but they offered next no freedom to move. Thirty minutes in and she’d do anything to grab herself. Forty minutes. As soon as she got free she was she was going to rip apart that fucking robot and sell it for scrap. Fifty minutes. She knew she was fighting a loosing battle. Her eyes misted over. There was no way she could hold on another hour.

“I really have to pee! Please let me go to the bathroom!” She said. The robot stopped its lesson once again as it sized her up.

“What did I tell you? Drinking coffee is bad for little girls.”

“Okay, I’m sorry; I’ll never drink coffee again.”

“Can’t you hold it?” The robot asked.

“No! Let me go!”

“I guess it can’t be helped. Little girls have small bladders.” Sasha let out a sigh of relief once the straps were undone. She stood up about to race towards the door, but froze when the robot began to speak.

“If you leave; I’ll mark you absent.” Sasha gritted her teeth. If the robot did that, another week would be added to her remedial lessons. She gave the door one last look of longing before she returned to her seat. At least this time she wasn’t restrained. She squirmed and tapped her foot while the robot’s lecture wore on. This time it was about the schools water purification system. Why water needed to be purified in virtual reality, she didn’t want to know. The last thing she wanted to hear was that she was drinking gray water. Or drinking. Or water.

She groaned out loud and grabbed herself.

“Little girls shouldn’t touch themselves.” It was little girl this and little girl that. She would pull her hair out if she had a free hand.

“Can’t you make a bathroom appear in the classroom?” Sasha asked. She knew it was a long shot, but she had seen things pop up out of the floor.

“Based on your recorded history, a waste receptacle has been pre-arranged.” It was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard. Why didn’t the damn thing just say so? “Would you like to engage?”

“Yes, please!” She looked around in anticipation, waiting for some kind of door to appear. She clenched her fists in anger when she saw what had shown up from the floor. “What the hell?” It was just a child’s portable potty!

“I will resume the lesson once you have finished.” The robot said. It’s eyes stayed focused on her as it waited to see what she would do. This was Barkley’s cruel joke; she just knew it. “Is there a problem?”

“I’ll hold it.” She said. She wanted to cry. She was so close! Did she really think some solution of just going to pop out of the floor? She sat back down and debated what to do. She couldn’t hold it much longer, she knew. Every minute that passed was more and more torturous. There would be no waiting until the end of class. She could either leave and get marked absent, or have an accident. She refused to humiliate herself again! If she got stuck in another week of this crap then so be it.

Sasha stood up and made her way towards the door. She pulled on the handle only to find it locked. She pulled harder and harder, only for the door stand there unopened, silently mocking her.

“Why’s the door locked?”

“To keep you from leaving. I have predicted that your refusal to use the provided waste receptacle proves my hypothesis that you were using it as an excuse to leave. Now please sit back down.”

“B-but I really do need to go! Please unlock the door!” A beam of light shone from the eyes of the robot as it traveled up and done her body.

“My analysis has confirmed you are telling the truth.” Sasha breathed a sigh of relief. Was it going to open the door for her? “Please use the provided facilities.” She tugged at the door again, but it was still locked. “Please use the provided facilities.”

“Let me out and I will!” She said. She tugged at the door handle with all her strength, but it refused to budge. She turned back around and froze. Metal arms were reaching for her.

“It’s not good for little girls to hold it.”

“Please, no! Let me out!” A metal tentacle reached around her middle and lifted her into the air with ease. A second arm began to undue her jumpsuit and pull it down while a third brought the white, plastic potty closer, before setting the thrashing girl down on it.

“Do I need to strap you down?”

“No.” She could feel the heat radiating off her face. She didn’t know how, but the once tiny plastic seat had expanded under her to fit her just right. But just because she was on it didn’t mean she was going to use it! She jiggled her legs up and down and pressed them together. She wouldn’t give in!

“Are you done yet?” The robot asked. She felt her face go red again as she looked away. “My sensors did not indicate that you needed to poop.”

“I don’t!” Sasha said. Could this get any more embarrassing? Why was this thing treating her like a toddler? Seven was bad enough!

“Why aren’t you going? Do you need some help?”

“Because this is embarrassing! I want to use a real toilet. In a stall! Where someone isn’t watching me through a robot!”

“But someone is always watching you.”

“What did you say?” Sasha tried to stand up, but metal arms pinned her down.

“This always helps the other kids.” A recording of running water began to play. She was loosing the battle.

The door opened on the other side. Sasha spun her head to see who it was.

“I got a page that a robot went out of cont-…Is this a bad time?” Crystal asked. Her violet eyes went wide as she took in the scene. Her face contorted before she burst into giggles.

“Stop laughing and get this thing off me!”

“Are you here for child pick-up?” The robot asked, still holding Sasha down.

“Uh…?” Crystal said. “Yes? You can let go of her.”

“The child is refusing to cooperate.” The robot said.

“Yeah, she does that.” Crystal said with a smirk. “What’s the problem?”

“The stupid thing won’t let me go to the bathroom!” Sasha said. “It locked all the doors and pinned me down!”

“A scan has confirmed the child’s bladder is full. After several failed persuasion attempts, the child still refused to use the provided facilities. My programming says after three failed attempts, the use of physical force is necessary.”

“Shut it off!” Sasha said.

“So you’ll let her up if she goes?”

“Crystal! Stop laughing and help me!”

“Look, if I shut it off now, you’ll still be pinned down. You’ll be stuck there until the mechanics come and disassemble the arms. You’re best off just giving it what it wants.”

Sasha moaned and covered her face with her hands. “A moment, please.”

“Uhh, the doors locked.” Crystal said.

“GET OUT!”

“I can’t.”

“I can’t hold it!”

“Then don’t!”

“Don’t look at me!”

“I’m not.”

“Don’t listen either!” She was at her limit. She didn’t want to do this, but she was out of options. And time. She whimpered as the last of her strength gave out. She wanted to die on the spot. What set her over the edge wasn’t the echoing sound, or the robots praise. It was fact that the toilet began to talk and sing while she peed. The last thing she wanted was to be praised by a stupid potty. Crystal couldn’t breathe from laughing so hard.

“Keep going, keep going, YEAH!” Crystal sang with the words.

“Now was that so hard?” The robot asked. It lifted her off the seat when the music stopped. “Stay still.” Sasha squirmed and beat it with her fists as cold water sprayed between her legs and was wiped down.

“I can do this myself!” Sasha complained throughout the ordeal before the robot began to redress her.

“And the door opens.” Crystal said, with a tug. “Or not.”

“Do I get to know why I was assaulted by a robot?” Sasha asked, as she kicked the toilet seat lid closed.

“I have no idea. I got a message saying the robot went offline, but I didn’t expect to catch you with your pants down.” Crystal said with a large grin. She went to the back of the robot and pulled something out the side of its neck. The robots many tentacles fell to its side, as it remained unmoving slumped forward.
“Don’t tell me that’s all I had to do.”

“I sent a message to the director, someone will be down soon to get us out.” Crystal said as she sat atop the desk.

“It said something weird earlier. It said, ‘They are always watching you.’ What did it mean by that?” Sasha asked.

“What?”

“I told the robot I wouldn’t go while someone was watching me, and it said there was always someone watching me.” Crystal’s face paled as her smile fell.

“I’m sure it’s nothing.” Crystal said. Sasha narrowed her eyes. Something about the way she shrugged it off seemed suspicious. “A robot just held you prisoner on a child’s potty, and you’re worried about that?” She laughed.

“I guess.” Sasha said. “My brother caught me in a similar situation once.”

“He caught you on the toilet?”

“No, I mean. Last time I saw him in person, he had to come rescue me. I got my butt frozen to a pole.” Sasha said. She smiled as Crystal shook her head and laughed.

“Why does that sound like something you’d do? Do I want to know how you managed that?”

“I leaned my bare butt against a pole in the snow and it got stuck. He thought it was hilarious.”

“What were you doing with your bare butt out in the snow?”

“I was making butt angels. What do you think I was doing? I had to go.” Sasha said. She was beginning to tear up. She wiped her eyes. She hated people seeing her cry. “It was the last good memory I had of him.”

“What happened?” Crystal asked after a moment of silence. Sasha took a deep breath to steady herself.

“Some people broke in and stole his research. They shot us both and left. That was the last time I saw him in person.” Sasha said.

“Sasha,” Crystal said before pausing to choose her words. She rested her hand on her shoulder. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but, do you think it’s possible he didn’t make it?”

“Can I tell you my theory now?” Sasha asked. Crystal nodded. “I think you’re my brother.”

Re: A Sphere Excerpt. Ch 26 Ab/dl material

If anyone liked reading this chapter than I recommend u go and read a actual story it is really good and I did not want to stop reading it. To find it u can search The sphere or u can go to non-abdl story and find it there but it is a really good story

Re: A Sphere Excerpt -Diaper stuff

A diaper chapter :stuck_out_tongue: I think i’ll use this thread to post the diaper chapters. Although the Sphere does have SOME diaper content and does feature age regression, it’s not entirely an ab/dl. So it’s in the non-ab/dl section. Sorry, Renko, for the re-post. Doubt people want to scour a 90k word story for one or two scenes. So I’lll post them here.

Heather jumped again when her phone rang. She took a few deep breaths before pulling it out. Trevor. “Hi, honey. Becca’s awake.”

“Is she?” Trevor said. The relief was evident in his voice. They had been so worried she wouldn’t pull through the night. “Can I talk to her?”

“She’s sleeping right now. And she can’t talk. They have her hooked up to a TTS box. It’s a little hard to differentiate between her thoughts and what she’s trying to say. The fevers really messing with her mind.”

“Is she stable now?”

“Yes. They believe she’ll pull through.”

“Oh! I’m so happy! That’s great news! I’ll come by as soon as I get off work! Oh, hey, honey, what was the name of Becca’s psychiatrist? Wasn’t it Finnick?”

“Yes, that’s him.”

“Check the news. He died last night.”

“What? Are you serious? How?” Heather asked.

“They said he died from Euphoria. Can you believe that? Someone like him buying illegal black market drugs.”

Heather had been in a daze the rest of the day. She had gone home while Becca slept. She sat on couch watching the news in a trance, no longer hearing what the news anchor had to say. The same story seemed to be circulating through all the channels. How could such a well-respected child psychologist stoop so low as to buy a dangerous drug on the deep web? And why would he want to? It’s not like he was short on money like all the other young adults who had died from it. If he wanted the real thing, he could have certainly have bought it, couldn’t he?

“Hello, thank you! I’ve been trying to get through for most of the day.” Heather said on the phone as she paced back and forth. “My daughter was involved in an accident at the Sphere Center. She has been seeing Dr. Finnick for her depression…yeah, yeah, I know about that. I was hoping I could get a copy of his notes on her. I’m worried about her mental health since the accident. I’m not quite sure how much of the fever is to blame for her current behavior and how much was a pre-existing condition. Oh? She was being treated for delusions? Uh-huh…Yeah. No, I appreciate it. Thank you.” Heather said before hanging up.

She sighed as she plopped back onto the couch and hung her head in her hands. She had been afraid of this. The fever was only exaggerating the problem; it didn’t create it.

His secretary had agreed to send her Becca’s file. When her phone buzzed, she picked it up and pointed it at the coffee table in front of her. A light shone from her phone as pages began to materialize. Five pages. Ten pages. Thirty pages. Just how many notes had he taken about her daughter? Finally after fifty pages, her phone shut off.

She picked up the first page… She frowned as she scanned through the report. Most of it was about when she was younger. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and nightmares. Then came her later diagnosis of Dissociative Identity Disorder. Finally she came upon a more recently written page.

1856, Becca Strokes, has returned. This time she was the sole witness of her brothers’ death. The patient has been showing growing signs of hostility as well as exhibiting delusional and paranoid behavior. Even though reports say she witnessed the attack, the patient refuses to believe her brother is gone. Instead, she clings onto the delusion of a government conspiracy. When questioned further, Becca stated her brother was on the run for creating an illegal substance and has gone into hiding.

It is unknown at this time how much truth there is in her statement she gave police. With her wild accusations and growing paranoia, I’m beginning to suspect Becca is beginning to show signs consistent with a schizoid personality disorder. When presented with the facts of her brothers’ death, the patient grew hostile. Given the patients history for memory repression, I am beginning to suspect foul play.

With no other witnesses to the crime, I am from here on stating for the record Becca Strokes be listed as the primary suspect for the murder of Brian Strokes. Motive is unclear at this time. It is possible, given the patients previous statements of wanting to join the police force, that the brother showed her something illegal. The patient may have either tried to take justice into her own hands, or a memory re- surfaced causing her to snap. I am unsure if the wound she received was self-inflicted or not. In my professional opinion, I believe involuntary institutionalization maybe necessary if psychotic behavior continues.

• Doctor Greggory Finnick

Heathers hands shook as she read the file. No! It couldn’t be true! Her daughter wasn’t a murderer! Becca loved Brian! She wasn’t crazy! And yet… all the signs were pointing that way. Delusions of a governmental conspiracy. Paranoia. She wanted to believe her daughter, she really did. But this was too much. The nurse said her behavior was due to her fever, but she held proof in her hands this had been going on for quite some time. How had she not noticed?

Becca spent all her time in her room. How was Heather supposed to notice anything?

She lay down on the couch and covered her face with her hands. What happened to you, Becca? She needed to be rational about this. The police had said there had been signs of a struggle. But there were no signs of forced entry. Becca had been injured too! Someone had shot her too! But her file said it might have been self-inflicted. She had been shot at close range in the back. Could someone shoot themselves in the back? Was it possible?
She stood up and put her arms around her back as if she were holding a gun. It could be done. Why? Why would she do that? This wasn’t the work of someone delusional. Only someone in their right frame of mind could stage the house to look like a break in. The word premeditated flashed through her mind, but she quickly shook the idea away.

What am I thinking? Becca would never hurt Brian! But what about Crystal? The more she thought about it the more likely it seemed. Crystal took over Becca’s body and attacked Brian. But it would still mean she was a danger to herself and others. She thought of the last line written in her file. Involuntary institutionalization. No way she was going to lock up her daughter! She had no proof it was Becca- just a nagging suspicion. It’s not like Becca could even move. She wasn’t a danger to anyone in this state. But what about when she gets better? There was still no proof. What would she do if there were solid evidence that Becca was a danger to others? Would she really have to commit her? She’d just have to wait and see how this played out.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

When Becca opened her eyes again, relief washed over her when she realized she was still in the hospital. She had never been so happy to be in the hospital before. Her pain level had decreased dramatically. She wondered if they had given her something in her sleep. Becca looked around the room to find the empty chair beside her. She felt a little saddened to be here alone. Where had her mother gone? How long was she asleep for?

She wobbled as she tried to slowly push herself up into a sitting position. The room spun as she held onto the table in front of her. Her body broke out into a cold sweat. She worried for a moment if she would pass out. But soon the vertigo stopped and she was able to open her eyes and let go of the table.

“Are you dizzy?” The nurse asked. Becca looked to the doorway to find the nurse named Sinna standing there with a concerned look on her face.

“I’m a bit weak.” Becca said. She was relieved to be able to talk, although her voice was quite raspy.

Sinna nodded her head before coming over to check her vitals. “How are your body pains? Has the pain medicine kicked in?”

“Better.”

“Good, glad to hear.”

“Have you seen my mom?”

“I think she went home a few hours ago.”

“Oh.” Becca felt her heart sink a little. What if someone from the SPP came after her? What if they put something in her I.V. to silence her?

“Don’t look so down; she’ll be back.” Sinna said. Becca noticed her cart of rags with a plastic pink tub of water on top. She sniffed herself and wrinkled her nose. The nurse chuckled. “Want to get washed up?”

Now that she thought about it, she felt like she was coated in a layer of sweat. And it almost felt like she was sitting on a pile of sand in her shorts. “Yes, please.” She laid back down while the nurse helped her out of her hospital gown. She eyed the open door uneasily before Sinna noticed what she was staring at. She pulled the curtain around the bed blocking them from view. It was awkward at first; it always was, but as soon as Becca felt the warm washcloth on her back she lost all resistance.

“Is my back still healing?” Becca asked. She wasn’t sure if the wound was still there or not. She had gotten used to it not being there.

“Nope, it looks good. There’s just a small scar there now. At least the time in the pod was good for something.” Becca winced as her stomach cramped and tried her best to ignore it. “I’m sorry, am I hurting you?”

“No, it’s not you. My stomach’s upset.”

“Anything I can get you?” Becca winced again, but shook her head. “I gave you something to help flush out the toxins earlier since you seem to still be fighting off a virus. You’ll feel better soon once it runs its course. It’s a new medicine they made to help you drain the excess acid out of your body.”

Becca moaned in response and curled up in the fetal position, her fists clenched into her stomach. Her body broke out in a cold sweat again making her feel like she had not been bathed at all. She barely even registered the feeling of a hand rubbing small circles on her back. Her mouth began to water as a wave of nausea hit. She clenched her body down tight hoping it would blow over. Sinna seemed to recognize her plight. She dumped the majority of the water down the sink and set the basin in front of her and rolled her over.
“You’ll feel better as soon as it works its way out.”

Becca whimpered in response as her stomach continued to churn. She wasn’t sure if it was coming or going. “Not sure…what…end…”

“Doesn’t matter what end. If it wants out, let it. It’s the only way you’re going to feel better.” Sinna said. After another ten minutes of agony, its route was finally making its self known. Her eyes widened in panic.

“Bath…room.” Becca pleaded. “Help.” She looked across the room. The bathroom door seemed so far away. She wasn’t sure if she’d make it. She tried to sit up, but Sinna moved her back down.

“Where do you think you’re going? Lay back down. It’ll be over soon.”

“B-But-”

“You’re not ready to be walking around yet.” She took in Becca’s panicked expression and followed her eyes down to her shorts. “Its just like before, you know the drill.”

“This isn’t what I was wearing before!” Becca said. She looked like she was wearing thin, navy blue biker shorts, not the puffy butt sponge from before. She doubled over as another powerful cramp struck her.

“I’m sorry, hun. It’s the same concept, just a different design.” Sinna explained. “It’s more discreet for our patients. They’re called dehydrating underwear. They turn waste into a fine powder. It’s more hygienic.”
Becca moaned her acknowledgement, but made no effort to eliminate the toxins from her body. Sinna sighed and sat down on the bed next to her. “You’re just making this harder on yourself. I know it’s not fun, but lets not go through this again.” Becca knew she hadn’t been the most well behaved patient when she learned of her limited mobility the last time- even going so far as to shout obscenities and throw a pitcher of water at her.

Becca whimpered in embarrassment as a noise on par with the breaking of the sound barrier escaped despite her clenched body. Like a 5.0 on the rectum scale. “I’m sorry!” She quickly blurted out. It was bad enough she had to do this, so why did it have to sound like a off key marching band practicing for the fourth of July?

Sinna scowled at her causing Becca’s face to redden. Why was she mad at her? She was the one just telling her to let go! “Don’t apologize, Becca! Is this the reason you’re holding it in? I’ve done way worse than sit with someone with diarrhea. I’ve been pooped on, spit on, peed on, puked on, and bled on. I’ve had to scrub off every bodily fluid you can think of. I have seen things coming out of places they shouldn’t. This is nothing. You do what you need to do to get better.” Her gaze softened seeing Becca’s upset face. “You want to stay on my good side?” Becca slowly nodded her head. “All you have to do is stay in bed when I tell you to and keep those shorts on. You need a change? Just ask. You have no idea what kind of mess I’ve had to clean up after people try to take them off.”

Becca mumbled an apology between the waves of contraction like cramps. She really shouldn’t have thrown that pitcher at her. Or that cup. Or that vase of flowers.

“Do you want me to take this, or are you still feeling nauseous?” She asked. Sinna was pointing to the tub sitting on the mattress by Becca’s head.

“Leave it.” Becca mumbled into her pillow. She didn’t trust her stomach enough. The pain was coming from every different angle.

“I’m getting a page from another patient, but I’ll come back with some more warm water to wash you up again.” She looked down at Becca as her face grew serious. “If I leave, can I trust you to stay in bed?”

“Yes.” Becca mumbled. It seemed her intentions were all too obvious. She really had seen it all.

“And will you take care of business while I’m gone so I can finish with your bath?” Becca nodded again. “I know it’s far from pleasant, but I promise you’ll feel better.” She patted Becca’s head before turning to leave, but stopped to add, “If I catch you with a single foot out of this bed, you’ll never have a private moment for as long as you’re here.”

Becca sighed once the nurse walked out the door and out of her line of sight. She looked at the bathroom door one last time. It sat there, so close but so far away as if it was teasing her. Another especially painful cramp left her in the fetal position one more time. She couldn’t take it anymore! Becca closed her eyes tight and unclenched.

………………………………………………………………

Mrs. O’Connor sat in room 408 –one of the rooms that shared an adjacent wall with a girl who had been brought in on a stretcher the previous day. She hit the call button on her remote again and again. Where was that nurse with her water? They sure liked to take their sweet time here. She furrowed her eyebrows when a strange noise came through the wall. What in the world was that? A percussionist? A marching band? No, It almost sounded like a dying animal.

The thought left her mind once she heard the approaching footsteps. Finally.

“Sorry about the wait, Mrs. O’Connor, what can I do for you?” Sinna asked as she stood in the doorway.
“Some cold water, pl-” There was that noise again! She stared at the wall. It persisted growing louder each time with more frequency. She looked to the nurse, who smiled sympathetically and shrugged before taking a step in. “Ah, I recognize that sound now from my time on the farm in Switzerland. The cats would get in the barn and go at it all night! I think you may have some stowaways in the attic. It’s a little early for feline mating season, no?”

Sinna whimpered as she tried her best to keep a straight face. Laughing at the patients tended to be frowned upon- the poor girl had enough on her plate. She’d probably die if she knew people in the other rooms could hear her.

Mrs. O’Conner frowned. “That’s not cat, is it?” Sinna shook her head and pursed her lips together as she tried her best to hide her smile. “What is it?” The old lady looked puzzled.

“Just some Frequency Actuated Rectal Tremors. I’ll be right back with your water.” Sinna said as Mrs. O’ Connor cocked her head to the side.

“OH MY GOD THAT’S COLD!” Came a scream from the other side of the room.

“What in the world…” Mrs. O’ Connor said.

“Looks like someone’s found out why we call them dehydrating underwear.”

…………………………………………………………………………

“Why are my butt cheeks frozen together?” Becca moaned into her pillow when she heard her nurse come back into her room.

“Because they freeze the moisture out of their contents when you’re done using them.” Sinna said covering her mouth with her fist.

“I can’t feel my butt.”

“That’s kind of the point.” Sinna said. “Would you want to feel all that acid coming out?” She set down another bucket of water and a few washcloths. “How’s your stomach now?”

“Better.” Becca mumbled. “Never. Again.”

“Sorry to do this to you, but it’s a seven day regimen. The detox doesn’t happen in one go.”

Great. Just great.

“I can put you in VR next time and let your body take care of it for you.”
Becca’s eyes went wide with fright. “NO!” She shouted. “No VR.” Sinna looked at her puzzled for a moment before realization dawned on her.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. You’re probably still shook up from what happened.” Sinna said. Becca nodded her head in agreement. She didn’t know what would happen if she went back into VR and she wasn’t ready to find out.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Becca tossed and turned drifting in and out of sleep throughout the rest of the day. Odd scenes played in her mind as her brain made up stories to explain her body aches.

In one dream, she had crashed the hover bike and was trying to come up with an excuse for her mom. Heather dangled the keys in front of her, before making a show of flushing them down a toilet. Why there was a toilet in the middle of the forest was lost on dream Becca.

Another plausible explanation, her brain decided, was she had been injured while piloting a six story, blue and gold mecha, while she had fought in a war against sheep with harpoon guns wrapped around their wool coats. She kicked and punched her way through the flock sending the barn animals flying in the air with a distressed, “Baa!”
She had almost fought her way thru- her goal in sight on the horizon. A giant six-story porcelain toilet large enough for the mecha. She had almost made it, but at the last stretch the sheep made one last stand. From the toilet emerged two hooves, followed by a white face and large poofy coat of wool. It slowly pulled itself out. Becca sat in the pilot seat stunned. Before her now stood the sheep king. With a mighty battle cry of, “BAA!” the sheep fired their harpoon guns simultaneously all into the robots body, tipping it over towards the ground.

The sensation of falling awoke Becca with a start. She gasped as she clung onto the beds railing. Her heart hammered in her chest. As her eyes adjusted to the lighting, the realization of her strange dream dawned on her.

What was up with all the toilets? A pang from her bladder told her why.
She internally groaned when she remembered she had to stay in bed. A silent debate waged war in her head- pee in the shorts or sneak to the bathroom. Sinna’s warning rang in her ears. She tried to sit up- but a wave of pain rushed to greet her. Getting up was a definite no. Becca grumbled at her only available option. It was the 31st century! Couldn’t people come up with something better than forcing bedridden people to soil themselves? She imagined a device to open up a portal in the bed that emptied into the toilet- until she remembered they had tried that before. Imagine someone’s surprise when they sat on the toilet only for them to get an unexpected gift from the other room.

She felt the shorts. Soft spandex greeted her fingertips- not an absorbent material in the slightest. She tried to relax, but her brain shut her down during every attempt. What if they were only meant for solid waste? As far as she was aware, she hadn’t had to pee since coming here. Did she have a catheter before? She couldn’t remember. All she could picture was Sinna scolding her for making a mess of her bed sheets. Sinna wouldn’t do that, even if I did wet the bed.

A memory played in her mind reminding her it wouldn’t be the first time. When Becca was recovering from the bullet wound, she had awoken one morning still in a daze and had forgotten she was supposed to get up. She had grown a little too accustomed to just going when the urge hit. She hadn’t even realized she had done anything wrong -until she felt wet in an unusual area.

Becca had sat in it, too embarrassed to speak up. When her mother had pulled back the covers to walk her to the bathroom, she freaked out when she saw she had already went. Heather accused her of being lazy and made her apologize to Sinna for giving her extra work.

Sinna’s face was not of anger, but of sympathy when Becca- with tears in her eyes- told her what happened. Sinna assured them it wasn’t unusual, and took care of the mess. Now that Becca thought of it, she wondered if the sympathy was geared towards her having an accident or her mothers’ behavior.

Maybe Becca should call her and ask just in case. She reached for the call button but stopped when she heard someone speak.

“Good morning,” She turned her neck despite her body’s protests. Her father sat in the chair by the bed seemingly amused by something.

“Dad!” Becca squealed. She had missed him so much! It nearly made her cry out in pain, but she reached her arms out towards him. He smiled and gently knelt down to hug her. “I missed you!”

“I missed you too! You really had us worried there.” He said as he sat back down.

“I thought I’d never get out.” She looked at him feeling slightly confused. He seemed to be smirking despite the heavy topic. Clearly something else was on his mind. “What?”

“Oh, nothing.” He said sounding suspicious as he pretending to look away- large grin stretched across his face. Becca narrowed her eyes. She wiped at her face. Did she have a booger hanging out of her nose or something?

“What?” She persisted. It was obvious he was laughing at her over something. Oh god, was she farting in her sleep? She thought she had gotten the last of that medicine out already. Had it come back for another round? She pulled the blankets back and took a peek at her shorts. She couldn’t tell if she had used them or not. They seemed the same as before. That wasn’t it, she figured. The cold would have woken her.

“That was quite some dream you were having.” She looked confused for a moment. How had he known? She followed his gaze to the thought to speech box sitting on a table next to her. She felt the back of her head to confirm her suspicions-she was plugged in. Her face reddened as he chuckled. “Man, if I had known we could do this, we would have gotten you those full dive implants years ago!” He deepened his voice like a movie reel announcer. “From the deep dark depths of the sewer emerges unimaginable terror- harpoon sheep. Ruled over by the ruthless and awe inspiring Emperor Ewe, humanity must turn to its last hope. Mecha Becca.”

Becca clutched at her side as she continuously laughed for a solid minute despite the pain. Every time she managed to calm down, her father made things worse by making her laugh again. She lost it at the part where he pretended a drop kick a sheep and made pitiful, “Baa” noises.

She let out a startled,“eep.” All the laughter mixed with her weak body was too much for her bladder. Sorry, Sinna. She had half expected it to puddle under her. What she had not expected was for the shorts to bulge out like a water balloon.

“What’s the matter, Mecha Becc- woah!”

So much for being more discreet than diapers.

She was too stunned to cover up, so she just sat there watching her shorts growing bigger and bigger. It even levitated her butt a few inches off the bed. She worried they were going to pop, but she also kind of wanted to poke at it. Was she ever going to stop peeing? At long last it stopped. Now what? They weren’t going to stay like this, were they? And then Becca felt it. The cold began to seep in. Her shorts began to quickly deflate, but they hadn’t sprung a leak. Instead a thin layer of white fog began to emerge from the fabric like warmed dry ice. It floated around her for a second before disappearing. And then it was like she had never used them at all. She stared up at her father before they both burst into laughter.

Becca leaned fast that she preferred her fathers’ presence to her mothers. But she had always been more of a Daddy’s Girl to begin with. Brian was a Momma’s Boy. Heather had taken his death especially hard. Ever since that night there had been a wedge in Becca’s relationship with her. She wondered if her mother knew the truth and blamed her. She supposed she had every right to- even if it was just an accident. She could see him squirm out of the corner of her eye.

She looked up at her father wondering what he was doing. He pressed several buttons before holding his phone out. Images began to appear on the table before they began to take a solid form. He was printing something. After a few seconds, Becca recognized what they were. She laughed as little plastic sheep figurines began to appear. Sheep figurines with harpoons strapped to their backs. Next came a bigger robot, which he named Mecha Becca, followed by a larger sheep with a crown. Emperor Ewe.

They played with the figurines for a bit, before he had a better idea. He cleared off her table before printing a large black and white checkered board. Thus began the battle of mecha’s vs. sheep. Little lambs were made for the pawns, followed by goats for rooks, pigs for bishops, and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, he printed two ponies to take the place of the knights. Becca stuck out her tongue. Lastly, he made a ram to take the final place on Emperor Ewe’s Team.

He handed his phone to Becca so she could design her own pieces. She printed out different sized robots. She wasn’t feeling particularly creative at the moment, but when she made her king, she made the robot green.

This time I’ll protect you.

“Check mate.”

Or not.

“You’re taking advantage of a sick girl.” she said. She curled her lips in a fake pout. He beamed with pride.

When a tray of breakfast came for Becca, they put the game away. She looked over her meal of French toast, eggs, and bacon before picking up the silver utensils and taking a bite. She chewed for a second before nearly gagging. She forced herself to swallow before mumbling. “Gross.” Everything had a dried rubbery texture that tasted of dirt. “Don’t let me down, bacon.” She could hardly get even that down.

“Not hungry?”

“It tastes bad.”

“Hospital food.” He said with a shrug. She frowned. She didn’t remember the food tasting this bad the last time. She watched him take a bite of the eggs, expecting him to spit them out. Instead he shrugged.

“Tastes fine to me. Maybe your taste buds are off.”

“Stupid spp.” She mumbled as she realized what was wrong. She had been so spoiled by cooked food that the taste of capsuled meals was nothing short of revolting. How would she ever be able to eat this stuff again? She looked down at the plate as her stomach rumbled. She sighed before picking up her fork. There was only one way to get over this. She’d have to re-acquire a taste for it. She cringed with every bite. She gave up halfway through. If she ate any more she was certain she’d be sick.

“How was that?” Trevor asked. A moment of silence passed between them as she tried to find the right words to say. She remembered her mothers’ reaction when she tried to tell her the truth. Would he think she was crazy too? She thought of the Sacrio and all the horrible things they had done. She thought of Barkley yelling at her and thrusting a mop into her face. She thought of the fear chamber. She thought of cuddling up with Crystal at night- as odd as that sounded. Lastly her mind fell on April, Andrew, Samantha, and Tom. And of course Brian. Their lives had been taken, and for what? An experiment? To make drugs? To torture them for the hell of it? If only Brian hadn’t made that stupid drug. He’d still be alive! Then she wouldn’t have…

Trevor seemed to squirm uncomfortably. She figured he was scared he had touched a raw nerve and upset her, so she said the first positive thing she could think of. “The food was better. It wasn’t for me though.” She didn’t want to ruin the light mood. He didn’t answer. She turned her head to look at him, but he seemed deep in thought. His face became sullen as if a deep sadness had taken over.

“Becca, what ha-” He tried to ask, but stopped and shook his head. “Never mind.”

“What?”

“It’s not important right now.”

“No, you were going to ask something. What?”

He sighed, before fidgeting uncomfortably again. “What happened that night?” She frowned. He was referring to the night Brian had died. Another topic her mother didn’t trust her on. “Your mother trusts you, she’s just worried about your mental health after everything that’s happened.”

Great, My mom thinks I’m crazy.

“She doesn’t think you’re crazy, Becca. She’s just…you know how she gets.”

“I guess s-” She stopped mid sentence. She looked to the box and then felt the back of her head. Her blood ran cold. Trevor shifted again in his seat. She hadn’t said that out loud. Neither had the box, but the orange light was on. She stared up at him, an obvious hurt expression written on her face. He looked guilty.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled looking away. She saw the earpiece in his ear. Her eyes welled up with tears.

“Why?” She choked out. He was listening to her thoughts, and he hadn’t wanted her to know. The wire hadn’t been in her head when she had fallen asleep last night. He had plugged her in. Who told him about the Thought to Speech box? Did her mom want him to listen to her thoughts? She wanted him to see just how crazy she was!

“It’s not like that, Becca. Please, I can explain. Your mothers just… Did you really…?”

Tears streamed down her face. “It was an accident. I was fighting over-”

“Oh god, Becca!” He tore the piece out of his ear and leaned forward with his face in his hands. They sat in silence. She could hear her father sniffling. “Why, Becca, Why?”

“The drug, he-”

He started to sob. And then he began to bawl. She sat perfectly still too stunned to speak. He rocked back and forth in his chair.

“Dad-”

He looked up at her, tears streaming down his face. She had never seen him like this.

“I’m so sorry.” She said.

“I hope that one day you’ll forgive me for this.” He said. He picked up his phone and said through his sniffles, “She did it.” Her heart sank. Who was he calling? What was going on? He broke down in more sobs. “Do we have to? We just got her back.” His voice rose in pitch with every word. “OK…OK… I’ll wait with her.” He hung up the phone.

Wait… wait for what? …

“I’m sorry, baby…” He said. Now she was crying. She was so confused! He wouldn’t answer her questions. He just kept repeating over and over that he was, “sorry.” So she did the same. He moved from the chair to her bed and held her hand. He took a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to her. She looked it over and gasped.

“It wasn’t like that!” She said as she hiccupped. He couldn’t be serious! He couldn’t believe this! All she had done was fought for the gun! He knew that, right? She hadn’t purposely shot him! She opened her mouth to explain but no words would come out. And the next thing she knew there were several people in the room. “Dad…” she whimpered. They surrounded her. The flipped her over while she cried out in pain and shoved her arms into something. “DADDY! NO!”

He stood to his feet. “Is that really necessary? She can hardly even move!”
“Standard procedures.” One of the guys said.

“Be careful! You’re hurting her!”

“DAD! GET THEM OFF ME! DAD!” Becca screamed. They forced her legs in and snapped it in place. The flipped her roughly back over and crossed her arms. “Daddy…” She cried as they wheeled the bed out.

“I’m so sorry…” He said. “Please forgive me.”

Re: A Sphere Excerpt Ab/dl stuff (updated 3/25/16)

You’re fine. The duplicate post filter that’s part of the anti-spam system has your account white-listed so it doesn’t alert on duplicates from you :slight_smile:

Re: A Sphere Excerpt Ab/dl stuff (updated 3/25/16)

Oh ok awesome. Oh the problems I could cause rubs hands together jk