A True and Bizarre Experience

A little background, I’m in my early 30’s employed, not too hard to look at (as I’ve been told) but have always had an issue where if I’m over tired, there’s a chance that I may wet the bed. I’ve always been able to hide it from girlfriends (waking up just as it starts, letting the sheets dry out before morning by moving to the other side, or pretending that I spilled water). So, yes, I do keep a mattress protector on the bed, and if I’m super tired and alone will sometimes wear a diaper at night to avoid laundry.

Heather, my current girlfriend, and I, have been dating about 2 years and now live together. She’s the first to find out the truth about my accidents. As we now live together, if I’m really tired, she’d rather I wear a diaper at night, but with boxers over it so she doesn’t have to see it and wants to have nothing to do with it, though is accepting that it’s something I need to deal with.

So this last weekend, Heather was headed to her family’s house for the weekend (I had some things to take care of), so I planned to catch up with an ex of mine, Michelle. Michelle and I have known each other since we were kids, tried dating for a hot minute, but found that it was too much like being siblings to ever really work. Michelle and Heather are friends, and sometimes I think talk with each other more than I do.

Saturday morning rolled around, and I pulled up to Michelle’s house, really tired (unfortunately I’d had an accident Friday night and was up at 3am doing laundry). When I dragged into Michelle’s house around 11am I was pretty tired. We were supposed to head out shopping that day, so I was trying to perk up. She asked me if I was hungry (she’s a great chef) and I took her up on that, but when offered some coffee I said no (caffeine just makes me have to pee a lot). So she whipped up a great omelet and gave me a “super juice boost” drink – looked like chopped up veggies but didn’t taste too bad.

So there I am eating, and Michelle starts in, “Why are you so tired? A big night last night? I mean Heather was out of town after all, what trouble did you get into?” Yeah, she’s like that annoying big sister sometimes. I just laughed, said it was nothing, but then she said, “Oh, did you wet the bed again?”

I swear I almost fell off the stool. I mean I’d never told Michelle this, practically choking I uttered, “What?”

She just laughed, said, “I can tell by your face that you did. You don’t think Heather and I talk?”

I had no idea what to say, just stammered and turned beet red. She just laughed and said, “Hurry up and finish, we need to meet Sally because she’s going to go shopping with us today.” (Sally is a friend of Michelle’s who is a couple years older than her, runs a daycare, and is still smoking hot.)

I finished up quickly, and got, “I’ll take care of these dishes, why don’t you run to the bathroom so there are no more accidents.” I put up a protest, “It’s not like that,” but got “the look” which I know better than to cross.

As soon as I came out of the bathroom, Michelle was standing there, smirking, “Did you wash your hands?”

“Stop it,” I said playfully, trying to move past her.

“Oh no, you’re not going anywhere young man. I’m putting you in pull ups so we don’t have any more accidents.” To say this was a turn for Michelle is an understatement, and to my detriment I thought she was kidding and told her so.

“Or do you want me to tell Heather you had another accident last night so bad that you were up early having to do laundry.” I was stuck, the lesser of two evils, and tried to reason with Michelle that I didn’t need them, but she just acted like she didn’t hear me.

“They’re just like thick underwear, and you can use the potty any time you need, so it shouldn’t be a big deal, but if you do have an accident then it will be diapers for the rest of the day for you young man.”

I just looked at her like she had two heads. Who was this person? What had happened to Michelle?

Quickly she handed me a pair of pull ups, told me to put them on, and that she had some other black shorts for me that would make changing me easier if I needed it.

“What the hell is going on,” I said to myself, “this makes absolutely no sense.”

Yet, Michelle is not one to take a “no” well, so there I was in a pull up and black shorts as we headed out to the car, her with an extra sized purse that I didn’t dare ask about.

As I went to climb into the car next to her, she quickly stopped me, said, “In the back where little boys are supposed to ride.” Then laughed at my face and said, “We’re picking up Sally so no sense in swapping seats, she’s just 15 minutes away.”

My head was spinning at this point. I’d always known Michelle to be a tease, but here I was in the back seat wearing a pull up, and we were picking up her friend. What had happened to bring all this about, and how much was Heather a part of this?

About 10 minutes into the drive, I suddenly felt like I had to go pee, even though I’d just gone. “Was there caffeine in that drink you gave me,” I asked Michelle.

“I don’t think so, but there were lots of herbs and things that are supposed to help perk you up. Why?”

“Umm I really have to pee; do you think I can stop in quickly when we pick up Sally?”

“You just went, didn’t you,” came back Michelle.

Nodding, “That’s why I’m worried there’s caffeine in it. You know what that does to me.”

About that time, we pulled into Sally’s driveway but she was already outside the house and no sooner had we stopped than she hopped in, excited about going to the mall, saying hi to me in that sweet voice of hers. Before I could even ask, Michelle was pulling out of her driveway.

“Michelle, I I thought I could,” voice trailing off, stammering.

“You went to the potty before we left, a big boy like you should be able to make it at lead the next 20 minutes to the mall.”

As I was sitting in the back seat, squirming, Sally gave Michelle this look of “what’s going on.”

Without any further prompting, Michelle started in, “Well, Jeff seems to have started having accidents again. Just last night he wet the bed and was up so early he was exhausted when he got to my house. I told him we don’t need any more accidents today so said that he needs to be in a pull up, and if he can’t keep that dry, I’ll change him into a diaper so he doesn’t have to worry about that. Don’t you think that makes sense?”

Sally looked at Michelle, “Well yes, I have plenty of kids who still have accidents and since pull ups are only good if they pretty much have control, diapers would be a good idea.” She then turned to me and said, “Jeff, it’s OK, this happens to lots of boys and I’ve learned they shouldn’t try to fight who they are. Some just mature faster than others.”

She then turned back to talk to Michelle and I honestly couldn’t tell you what they were saying. I couldn’t concentrate on anything but trying to wait until we got to the mall, and I’m sure I was squirming all over the place because Michelle looked at me in the mirror and said, “If you really have to go that bad, it’s ok. You’re wearing a pull up so it’s ok if you have an accident.”

I tried, I really did, but about 5 minutes later I just couldn’t help it. It started as a dribble that turned into a stream. I didn’t know the relief on my face was so obvious, but Sally turned back to me and said, “Oh honey, you just had an accident, didn’t you. It’s ok, it happens to little boys all the time.”

Then, the oddest thing was that I heard Heather’s voice, “Honey, honey, are you OK.”

Suddenly my eyes flew open and I realized it was all a dream, except that Heather said, “You were talking in your sleep. Were you having a bad dream?" And the sheets are soaked. "What happened,” she asked.

There is no way I could tell her the details of this, she wouldn’t be happy, to say the least, so I just said, “I don’t remember. I’m really sorry and I’ll do the laundry.”

That dream seemed so real, even now as I write this the next day it feels as if it all really happened.

4 Likes

good job on the story. please do more when possible.