A way to make the reply box appear elsewhere than on top of the topic

Ok, I’m a little tired of clicking the reply button only to have to scroll all the way to the top to find the reply box where I can type my reply message, its a real pain cause sometimes I want to reply to a comment that is totally down and I have to scroll down and up to read and reply again, why it doesn’t show where we click on the reply button is beyond my understanding, its the only forums I’ve ever visited that works like this, I plan to release a story eventually, but if I have to scroll to the top each time I post a new chapter, that’s gonna take forever…

What browser are you using? I’m only aware of two browsers that behave that way and both are unsupported by Microsoft and thus aren’t supported by Disxourse.

Using Chrome the reply box appears at the bottom of the screen for me - whether I reply to an individual post or using the topic reply button at the bottom.

Ditto for me too. I have chrome on my phone and my reply boxes appear on the bottom.

I use Firefox only for everything that is ABDL themed for personal reasons, I don’t trust google chrome with that kind of content.

That’s interesting. I’m posting this reply from Firefox, with the reply box at the bottom of the page.

Are you on mobile rather than desktop?

Well I use Firefox and don’t have that issue. What version are you using and what extensions do you have installed?

Oh, and you are aware that except for the Google specific stuff and the propriety DRM components they can’t legally distribute the source code to Chrome is open source, right?

Chromium is the open source version and is the basis of multiple browsers including the newest versions of Edge and opera. Pretty sure someone would have noticed by now if it was doing nefarious bullshit. So please keep your anti-chrome bullshit to yourself.

Nope, wouldn’t be able to scroll at all on mobile, the editor fullscreens on mobile devices except for certain ridiculously oversized android devices. The only way to have a similar issue is to force the Desktop view, and in that case you get exactly what you deserve.

Have any ideas what kind of extensions or plugins in Firefox that could make the reply window appear on top of the topic forcing me to scroll all the way to the top when I want to reply, I’m searching myself but so far didn’t found any information about this. I can survive with it, its just very very annoying. Only thing I didn’t try so far is start Firefox in safe mode cause I would loose my dark theme and that would hurt my eyes.

Until you actually answer the questions I asked I refuse to assist you further and no one else will either.

If you refuse to answer those questions or perform necessary troubleshooting steps I will close this thread. I can’t help you if you refuse to provide the necessary information or do the necessary troubleshooting. I won’t waste my time.

I have latest version of Firefox 82.0.3 (64 bits), and too many extensions to list them all here, its why I ask if you have any idea on which one that could cause this issue, the blue reply box once again was on top of the screen and not under your last message. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on right now, I disabled a couple of extensions but still no results. I think I will just accept this for now. I had my idea on a potential culprit in my noscripts extension, but since I whitelisted the forums, it shouldn’t be a problem either.

I am not going to list every possible extension that could cause it simply because that list is way longer than your list of installed ones.

I literally know of over 400 extensions off the top of my head. Mostly ones that manipulate the page in someway.

I figured out a way to get all the extensions I have installed in my Firefox right now, I didn’t know it was possible, I hope its not a too big list for this forum, maybe you can figure out which one could cause this problem, sorry about the listing, it looks like a mess.

Canadian English Dictionary dictionary 3.1.2 true en-CA@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org
English United States Dictionary dictionary 78.0 true @unitedstatesenglishdictionary
United States English Spellchecker dictionary 8.1.1webext true en-US@dictionaries.addons.mozilla.org
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon extension 0.9.2.1-signed.1-signed true adblockpopups@jessehakanen.net
AdNauseam extension 3.9.201 true adnauseam@rednoise.org
Amazon.co.uk extension 1.3 true amazon@search.mozilla.org
Bing extension 1.2 true bing@search.mozilla.org
Customize about:newtab extension 1.3.1 true customizenewtab@alejandrobrizuela.com.ar
Dark Background and Light Text extension 0.7.4 true jid1-QoFqdK4qzUfGWQ@jetpack
Disable WebRTC extension 1.0.23 true jid1-5Fs7iTLscUaZBgwr@jetpack
DuckDuckGo extension 1.1 true ddg@search.mozilla.org
eBay extension 1.2 true ebay@search.mozilla.org
Facebook Container extension 2.1.2 true @contain-facebook
FBCleaner extension 2.5.2 true {4ce95b29-49c2-44f3-b371-8635790b98fb}
Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension 7.1.0 true @testpilot-containers
Ghostery – Bloqueur de publicité protégeant la vie privée extension 8.5.3 true firefox@ghostery.com
Google extension 1.1 true google@search.mozilla.org
Greasemonkey extension 4.10.0 true {e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}
History AutoDelete extension 2.0.2 true {7e79d10d-9667-4d38-838d-471281c568c3}
I don’t care about cookies extension 3.2.4 true jid1-KKzOGWgsW3Ao4Q@jetpack
LastPass: Free Password Manager extension 4.58.0.4 true support@lastpass.com
Linky extension 3.0.0.1-signed.1-let-fixed.1-signed true linky@gemal.dk
NoScript extension 11.1.5 true {73a6fe31-595d-460b-a920-fcc0f8843232}
Owl - For comfortable reading extension 2.2.7 true @owl-comfortable-reading-addon
Qwant extension 1.1 true qwant@search.mozilla.org
Reddit Enhancement Suite extension 5.20.9 true jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack
Reddit Mail Checker extension 2.0 true jid1-GeP0lNGxbU74Cg@jetpack
RedditNotifier extension 2.0.3 true jid1-jz0wH8To7NqwdQ@jetpack
RefControl extension 0.8.17.1-signed.1-signed true {455D905A-D37C-4643-A9E2-F6FEFAA0424A}
Rotate and Zoom Image extension 1.5 true rotate-and-zoom-image@mikk.cz
Rotate Image extension 0.1.3.2.1-signed.1-signed true rotateimage@minisystems.de
Steam linkfilter bypasser extension 1.1.0.1-signed.1-signed true slfb@sharparam.com
Stylish – Thèmes personnalisés pour sites Web extension 3.1.8 true {46551EC9-40F0-4e47-8E18-8E5CF550CFB8}
Tampermonkey extension 4.11.6120 true firefox@tampermonkey.net
Twitter App extension 63.0 true {12b6fdcd-4423-4276-82a3-73fdbff5f7e4}
Video DownloadHelper extension 7.3.9 true {b9db16a4-6edc-47ec-a1f4-b86292ed211d}
Wikipédia (fr) extension 1.1 true wikipedia@search.mozilla.org
Youtube redirect page remover extension 1.0.1.1-signed.1-signed true jid0-la2KZ7pBIIWQ35Ke6kINwNtDzrI@jetpack
Black New Tab extension 1.0.0 false {3c53fae8-7f6e-4c86-b595-43f97766b977}
uBlock Origin extension 1.30.6 false uBlock0@raymondhill.net

Well, I hate to tell you this, but you’re going to have to disable all your extensions and re-enable them one by one until you find the culprit as most of your extensions fuck with the JavaScript and/ or CSS in someway.

In particular though, if the Dark Background and Light Text extension allows it, disable it for the forums and use either the Dark or Dark and Pink theme instead. That, stylish, and uBlock are the most likely culprits.

You’ve nailed it, it was dark background and light text, now I need to figure out a replacement for it, now the reply box is where it should be, but I have bright white screen, and it hurts my eyes, will try the dark themes to see if it improves it. Edit : Alien dark theme seems to be dark like it should, so problem solved.

Check this page and make sure the color schemes are setup properly. Under Regular make sure it says “Default” and under Dark, it is set to “Same as Regular”

Alternately, you can set both to Dark, and most of the themes will do their best to display in dark mode and stay there.

I actually have mine setup so it uses Dark and Pink in regular mode and uses Dark when my device is in dark mode.

Found a replacement for the extension I had to disable, its called dark reader, makes it much easier on my eyes this way (I have a very high sensitivity to bright lights and white background on any website is hurting my eyes since I had cataracts removed when I was 3 yrs old, in 1983, they didn’t have the modern technology and it had some effects on my eyes, at least I’m not blind)