AB MUD v4.0

Yessir, version 4 is up and live.

First off: While you may lose SOME items, this is not a full character wipe. Most objects made with the ‘design’ command will come with you, most likely.

A few overhauls here, primarily in the way the world operates. Lots of places are scripted, NPC’s actually interact with you now, and you can make verbal requests of said NPCs (a la ordering at restaraunts, etc).

The housing system is reverted back to the old apartments. It was a good idea, but generated people being too segregated.

An elementary school and a high school now exist. Look for the teachers and staff to become increasingly interactive as time passes.

City itself went through a complete overhaul. It’s prettier now. :slight_smile:

I about guarantee there will be a few growing pains as things open up. I also intend to advertise this place in one, maybe two other places, in the hopes to get some more people playing. This won’t happen for at least a few days while we get settled in here, though.

abmud.com, port 10185

AB MUD v4.0

I have not had a chance to try everything, but I have run into one problem: I can not rent an apartment. It says I already own a home, but I do not yet.

AB MUD v4.0

HOLY FUCK I’M NAKED D:

AB MUD v4.0

lol, At least you kept your custom items.

AB MUD v4.0

Wow sweet. I haven’t had a chance to play in this MUD for months but perhaps it’s time to come back… And no, I will not reveal which characters I play there. For those who know, shhhhhh. :slight_smile:

AB MUD v4.0

Not ALL their clothes vanished!

…just their underwear (for most). :slight_smile:

AB MUD v4.0

This should be fixed now.

AB MUD v4.0

I have NO idea what’s going on haha

AB MUD v4.0

Does anyone have a map of the new layout?

AB MUD v4.0

This should be fixed now.[/quote]
Thanks. I guess there is little point in furnishing right now. You are still resetting it as you complete the new features.

AB MUD v4.0

how come theirs no adoption agencys if their are houses

AB MUD v4.0

http://nursery.thirtyone-ten.net/images/mudmap4.png here you are

AB MUD v4.0

HELP I TURNED THE NPC OF AND I CANT TURN EM BACK ON

AB MUD v4.0

…What do you mean you turned it off?

AB MUD v4.0

they dont respond to me

AB MUD v4.0

If you typed AUTO NOHOUSE that might have turned them off although, I am not sure if that command still works. How ever, most of the scripts respond to little as of now.

AB MUD v4.0

thank you ill see if that was the problem but how do i reverse it

AB MUD v4.0

Type it again

AB MUD v4.0

Your not the only one full Collapse. I mean is this like a program about a nudest colony? I would join in on whatever this is if I knew how. because I am sure that every naked town needs a naked superhero right?

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

AB MUD v4.0

Friendly Naked Neighborhood Spiderman?