ABDL Book: A Project on which we unite.

Hello everybody, my name is Alex and I’m an ABDL who’s been lurking in the ABDL Community for quite a long time. I’m 23 years old and live in the United States. Nice to meet you all.

Now, I was thiking. I already posted this on ADISC but here seems to be a good place too.

I know, call me a maniac but I had an idea. Why not publish a book on ABDLs? The idea is simple: we gather the best stories and we make a compilation, we add articles on Infantilism and other articles you might think are itneteresting and voila, we have a book! I think it’s an interesting idea, if you’d like. Of course there are legal matters and such, but it’s worth a shot don’t you think?

I can take care of the project if you’d like, and share the profits equally with every author who’d likes to participate.

I’d just need permission from the writer’s to use their stories and have them published in a book we can sell in Amazon and other sites WORLDWIDE. If you don’t want that, we can make just a small distribution and sell them amongst ourselves.

Requisites:

1.- Story must be “innocent”. That means, try to keep sex to a minimum.
2.- It must portray an ABDL in a good manner.
3.- The story must be at least 7000-10000 words long.
4.- Permission release form (I can make it) from each writer to release the story to the public.
5.- I need a team that will act like a judge panel to choose stories.

Anybody in the forum can contribute by chosing his/her favorite story and submitting it through this thread for analization and review.

So, worth a shot?

Re: ABDL Book: A Project on which we unite.

I’m already writing an ABDL-themed novel aimed at the mainstream. No, I wouldn’t let you put it in a compendium like this, because it’s approaching 100,000 words.

It’s generally a bad idea to combine fictional stories with articles in one book, especially one that is going to be viewed by the average person as being about a sexual fetish.

I can take care of the project if you’d like, and share the profits equally with every author who’d likes to participate.

I’d just need permission from the writer’s to use their stories and have them published in a book we can sell in Amazon and other sites WORLDWIDE. If you don’t want that, we can make just a small distribution and sell them amongst ourselves.

Why should any one here trust you? Seriously, you have one post, which I might add had I actually read iti in full I probably wouldn’t have approved it and left it for Kita or Wingz to decide whether or not to release it.

Besides, if anyone here truly thought they could make money off their stories they could easily self publish. I know for a fact at least one member here currently has several stories in the Amazon Kindle bookstore as I helped them prep the files for it. No, I won’t tell you who it is so don’t ask

Requisites:

1.- Story must be “innocent”. That means, try to keep sex to a minimum.
2.- It must portray an ABDL in a good manner.
3.- The story must be at least 7000-10000 words long.
4.- Permission release form (I can make it) from each writer to release the story to the public.
5.- I need a team that will act like a judge panel to choose stories.

If you want to do a story collection, this is a good list of requisites, BUT, I think you seriously underestimate how difficult number 4 in your list is. Those releases you need are legally binding contracts. You screw up, you can end up owing the people whose content you use a hell of a lot of money very quickly. If you are serious about this, you really need to consult a lawyer who specializes in publishing contracts and copyright laws where multiple contributors are involved. Also have you considered that most ABDL author’s aren’t going to want to give you their real contact information, which you would actually be required by law to have in order to keep track of their royalties earnings for tax purposes?

Anybody in the forum can contribute by chosing his/her favorite story and submitting it through this thread for analization and review.

Asking people to submit their favorite stories? A bad idea. Probably what some would consider their favorites are probably going to be the same ones where it is [next to] impossible to get in contact with their authors.

I’m sure you meant well, but the idea of “analization” leaves a bad image in my mind. :-\

You know I seriously considering being an ass and posting something similar, but then I realized it would have been a shitty idea to post it when I was trying to get a serious point across :wink:

I think if we united around something, I think something more along the lines of what http://understanding.infantilism.org/ is doing would be interesting. What I don’t like about that site is it seems mostly done by one person. If we had a wiki setup where people could collaborate on similar concepts explored on that site, but I think it could really be expanded to be more useful. One thing that I think could be great would be people telling their stories on how they came to AB/DL or struggles with acceptance and how they got to it. My main concern would be vandalism since some folks have a thing against us for being a bit different. It would be another great way to develop and strengthen the community and help newcomers.

Most of the people who would be willing to read anything related to ABDL are ABDLs, and they can already get a lot of that reading material online for free.

My understanding is that http://understanding.infantilism.org is pretty much the work of one person who has actually done a great deal of research on the topic.

If we had a wiki setup where people could collaborate on similar concepts explored on that site, but I think it could really be expanded to be more useful. One thing that I think could be great would be people telling their stories on how they came to AB/DL or struggles with acceptance and how they got to it.

You don’t need a wiki for something like that. In fact a wiki would be a bad choice. Every such wiki that I know of either was vandalized to the point of uselessness because the admins didn’t properly configure it or was pulled down after it was decided it wasn’t useful.

My main concern would be vandalism since some folks have a thing against us for being a bit different. It would be another great way to develop and strengthen the community and help newcomers.

A properly configured wiki is actually difficult to vandalize if those with administrative access actually do their jobs and don’t leave it to a bunch of powerless users to deal with. Also it’s not just wiki’s they try to attack. You’d be impressed how many attacks get deflected per hour against this board. And trust me, you do not want to see the kinds of emails I get on a daily basis for hosting this forum.

That being said for something like what you’re proposing a Drupal or Joomla based site would probably work better. CMSes are much easier to monitor and protect than a wiki would be since a wiki isn’t going to just be targeted by those with a chip on their shoulder but also by random spam bots.

Wiki’s are good if you want a bunch of people contributing to the same article ad-hoc. If you want a more structured type site with articles and stories like you’re proposing it’s better to have something where people can’t edit each other’s pages. You can easily setup a way to discuss articles and proposed edits that the page creator or an admin could update when consensus is reached.

As many web comic artists will tell you, you’d be amazed what people will pay for even if they can get it free online :slight_smile:

I know at least two such individuals personally who live off the sales of their books that include nothing but the same comics that appear on their sites for free. Don’t get me wrong, I doubt a book aimed at ABDLs would make a lot of money, but it would probably make some, especially if some of the self published ABDL stories on the Kindle bookstore are any indicator :slight_smile: