Amazing Grace Chapter 1

Hi Folks,

I’ve reached my limit for the moment with horror elements, and needed to work on something else. This is not going to be a long story, but just enough to provide respite from terrible events in what I’m trying to finish.

Hope you like it,

Enjoy!!!

BB

Chapter 1

“What are you talking about? I booked this flight seven months ago?!”

“I’m sorry sir, the flight was overbooked, and you were the last one to show. Global Airlines makes it plain in the booking area of our website that seats are assigned at the gate, and strongly urge the passenger to arrive at least two hours prior to the boarding time,” Lexa Drake informed the irate man standing in front of her. She had recited that blurb at least a hundred times in the last month. The hard part was not sounding bored when she said it.

“So what am I supposed to do?”

“I suggest you go back to the ticket counter and see what they can do for you.” She didn’t want to tell him that there wasn’t another flight into Phoenix until tomorrow.

“Oh great! Yet another long line. Did it occur to you folks that an auto accident can shut down the beltway? That it’s just possible that it was something other than ‘the passenger disregarding your advice’ that could be responsible for them getting here so late?”

Lexa didn’t even get a chance to respond before the man walked away from the counter. With a sigh, she called, “Next in line please.”

It had been a hell of a morning for Alex Cleary. He needed to get to Phoenix by tomorrow morning to meet with a client. This wasn’t a quick trip, but a week long negotiation of a multi-million dollar contract. The commission on this was huge, and would provide enough to buy the second home that he and Grace had been talking about for the last year.

The morning had started off with a disaster, and everything went downhill from there. He had gotten up right on time, and gotten his shower. The first thing that went wrong was the coffee maker. It had evidently decided to finally give up the ghost some time during the night. Next, the car he had scheduled was thirty minutes late. Last but not least, some idiot had decided it was a good idea to flip his car over in the middle of I-295, leaving it laying across the middle two of six lanes, blocking all traffic for an hour and a half.

It was hard enough spending a week on the road, but now he would be pressed for time when he got there, if he was lucky. The pulsing vein on his left cheek told him his blood pressure was up, as he made the long trek back toward the front of the airport. It didn’t help that he knew he would have to go back through the security area all over again once they straightened this out.

When he turned the corner and saw at least fifty people in line ahead of him, it took all of his control not to storm to the front of the line and start yelling. Pulling his two carry-on bags behind him, he got in line. Thirty minutes later, he walked away from the ticket counter. He wasn’t happy, but he wasn’t irate anymore either.

The woman that waited on him had been very understanding. She too had gotten caught in the traffic this morning, and was late for work because of it. Ultimately, he ended up scheduling the first flight out the next morning, and she had given him a voucher for a hundred and seventy-five dollars for the next flight he booked with the airline. He would use the coupon for the next trip he took with Grace.

Fortunately, they hadn’t loaded his luggage onto the aircraft, and he was able to claim it before he made his way to the taxi stand. Forty minutes, and sixty dollars later, he was walking toward his front door. He had left at seven, and now it was ten thirty. What a waste of a morning, he thought as he turned the key in the lock.

He tried not to make too much noise as he entered the house, carrying two suitcases, a garment bag, and his laptop case. He set everything down in the foyer, and closed the front door. With a sigh, he entered the livingroom, and hadn’t gotten six steps in before he stopped, staring at the couch, wide eyed, his mouth hanging open.

His twenty six year old wife lay sleeping on the couch. It wasn’t unusual for her to nap in the mid-morning, he had seen her do it many times. What was unusual was the pacifier she had in her mouth, and the almost empty baby bottle laying next to her. He had never seen the stuffed bunny she was cuddling before, and certainly hadn’t ever known her to wear a diaper. The blanket she was covered with had slipped off of her butt, and the white plastic covering the thick padding that was wrapping her bottom was clearly visible. She was wet.

Alex stood there, not sure what to do. He loved this woman with all of his heart, but this was just too weird. He had no idea why she would be dressed this way, or want to behave like this. Not knowing what else to do, he slowly approached the couch, and said, “Grace?”

The pacifier began a rhythmic motion, and she stretched as she turned onto her back. The blanket slid most of the way off of her, and he could see the darker shade of the diaper where it covered her crotch. The pink t-shirt she was wearing got his attention, and he read the words ‘Daddy’s little girl’ printed on it in balloon letters. Concern sounded in his voice as he repeated, “Grace?”

His wife opened her soft brown eyes, and looked at him for a moment, her mouth still working the pink pacifier. Suddenly, her eyes flew wide open, and with a frightened look, she scrambled off the couch, and ran toward their bedroom. The sight of her padded bottom retreating down the hall burned itself into his memory.

When he heard the door to their bedroom slam, he headed toward it. It didn’t surprise him that it was locked when he tried to open it. He felt terrible when he heard Grace crying through the door. “Grace?” he called out. “Talk to me Grace.” For thirty minutes, he all but begged her to come out of the bedroom so they could talk. Finally, he sighed, and said, “I’ll be in the livingroom when you want to talk.”

He was lost as he sat down on the end of the couch. Without thinking, he picked up the baby bottle and set it on the low cherry wood coffee table. The nipple had dripped the juice onto the light beige material of the couch. Almost of it’s own accord, his hand reached out to pick up the white bunny rabbit Grace had been hugging. The softness of the material made him smile despite himself.

His wife had always liked soft things. She would cuddle up next to him, dressed in flannel pajamas, and wrap herself in a very soft blanket. He had always thought it was cute. What he had just witnessed wasn’t so cute though. It hurt. The way she had been sucking on that pacifier when she woke up, told him this wasn’t a single occurrence. She had done this before. By the automatic sucking when she woke, it had happened many times before.

She had hidden this from him for some time. That bothered him. She didn’t trust him enough to tell him about something that evidently was important to her. What else has she hidden? he wondered.

It was almost an hour later that Grace walked into the livingroom dressed in jeans and a white t-shirt. He saw the red puffy eyes, and knew she had been crying for some time. Patting the couch next to him, he said, “Sit down,” making sure to speak softly.

“I’m sorry,” she said with a thick voice, reaching out toward the baby bottle on the table in front of him.

“Leave it,” he told her. He watched her tears fall as she sat down, leaving a good amount of space between them. Picking up the bunny, he set it in her lap. She took it in her hands, running her thumbs over the soft material in her nervousness. “Why?” he asked.

Bursting into tears, she cried, “I don’t know,” looking at the stuffed rabbit in her lap.

While he didn’t understand that response, he knew people did things without knowing why all the time. Taking it a step further, he asked, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Keeping her eyes on the bunny, she whispered tearfully, “Because I didn’t want you to look at me like you did when you woke me up.”

“Honey, I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. I certainly didn’t expect what I saw when I came home.”

“I know.”

“I need to know why.”

“I don’t know why!” she wailed. “If I knew why, I could stop it.”

“How long?”

“Since I was six,” she answered, hanging her head.

“Listen, I need to know what’s going on. You need to give me something Grace. I missed my flight, had to reschedule for tomorrow morning, and I come home to see my wife nursing a pacifier, wearing a wet diaper. Is this a sexual thing? Am I not meeting your needs? Tell me something, please.”

Grace blushed bright red the second he mentioned the wet diaper. She looked aghast when he asked if it was sexual. She stammered, “I…i…it’s not sexual.” It took a moment before she added, “You’re wonderful, it’s not that. It just helps me deal with stress.”

Alex couldn’t help the sigh of relief. He knew with a certainty, that he could never interact with her in a sexual way dressed as she was earlier. That would be too weird for him. He wasn’t a prude, but there were just some things he couldn’t do, and that would be one of them. “So what you’re telling me is, you want to be a child at times, and it helps you relax.”

“Yes,” she whispered.

“How often do you do this?” He saw her wrestling with the answer, and said, “I need the truth Grace.”

She hesitated a bit longer before telling him, “Every couple of days. Usually when you’re gone.”

Business took him away from home about once a week. That left times when she was behaving this way while he was at home. With a look of discovery, he said, “That’s why you sleep in the guest room about once a week. It’s not the headaches, is it?”

Sobbing now, she said, “No.” A few seconds after, she whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“Look, I need some answers, and I need you to be honest with me, understand?” When she nodded her head, he asked, “Do you like the diapers?”

“Yes.”

“Did you wet on purpose?”

After a pause, Grace whispered, “Yes.”

“Do you mess them?” he asked, trying not to sound disgusted.

She sobbed, “Yes, sometimes.”

“If you could do this everyday, would you?”

She sat for a moment, looking like she was contemplating his question before answering, “I don’t think so.”

“But you don’t know.”

“No.”

Picking up the bottle, he asked, “Do you like drinking from a bottle?”

“Yes.”

“It’s obvious you like the pacifier, because you were nursing on it after I called your name the first time. And I can see that you’re attached to that bunny.”

“I’m sorry,” she cried again.

“Do you want me to treat you like a baby? Your t-shirt said, ‘Daddy’s little girl’ on it. Is that what you want?”

He watched her wrestle with her answer for several minutes. A part of him wanted to tell her that she didn’t have to answer, he knew the answer already. The part of him that was hurt because she hid this from him needed her to tell him.

“Yes, please don’t hate me.” she answered, and covered her face with her hands, sobbing hard for several minutes.

When she settled down, he told her, “Look at me Grace.” She uncovered her face, and raised her tear filled eyes to look at him. “Listen, I love you. The biggest problem here is that you lied to me. Hiding something is the same as lying.”

“I’m sorry!” she cried.

“I know,” he replied. “I need to know, is there anything else you’re hiding?”

“No! I swear!”

With a sigh, he said, “I know you’ll understand if I have a hard time trusting your word.” He saw her hurt expression and wanted to hug her close and tell her that he would believe her if she told him the sun would burn out tomorrow, but held his ground. She had to know just how much it hurt him that she hadn’t trusted him enough to share something that was this important to her. The other thing that bothered him, was that if he truly couldn’t deal with this, and he didn’t know right now how he felt, then she had spent eight years lying to him, and they would both lose, and that thought made him angry.

He reigned in his anger though. She was too vulnerable right now to vent his hurt. “Look, I need to think. I’m going to go out now. I won’t be back until tonight, and I need to fly out in the morning. We’ll have to wait to discuss this until I get back in a week.”

“Please, don’t leave me. You’ll never have to see that again, I swear!” she begged.

“Grace, that’s no way to live, and you know it. I need to try to understand this, and see if I can accept it. That’s going to take some time. All I ask is that you give me that time.”

“I’m sorry I screwed things up. I really didn’t mean to,” she cried.

“Just give me time,” he said as he stood up. Leaning down, he kissed her wet cheek and told her, “I love you.”

“I love you too, I’m sorry.”

Picking up the bottle, he held it out to her. “Here,” he said. When she took it from him with a blush, he told her, “I want you to sleep in the guest room tonight. If ever there was a stressful time, it’s now.”

Grace stood up and hugged him tight, crying hard. “I love you.”

“And I love you,” he told her. Unable to suppress his curiosity, he let his hand slip to her bottom and felt no extra padding under her jeans. “I’m going to go now. I’ll be back later tonight.”

With a gentle kiss to her lips, he turned and headed toward the foyer. A few seconds later, he was sliding into the front seat of his Honda Accord. His mind was racing with the events of the morning, and he wondered if he could deal with this new development. The picture of his wife running down the hall wearing nothing but a diaper and a t-shirt came back to him, and he sighed.

It was nine thirty when he returned to the house. Quietly, he headed back to his bedroom. The flight was at seven in the morning, and he needed sleep. The door to the guest room was closed, telling him that Grace was already in bed.

Again his curiosity got the better of him, and he gingerly turned the knob, and swung the door open. The light from the hallway highlighted her shoulder length, auburn hair. He stepped into the room, and moved to the bed. He had to admit to himself that she looked cute snuggled up with her bunny, her pacifier in her mouth. With great care, he leaned down and kissed her gently on the forehead, and found himself smiling as she started nursing her pacifier. He watched her for a moment before leaving without a sound.

It would be a difficult week for both of them, he knew. He didn’t like leaving things up in the air like this, but there was no help for it. A call every day would help, he decided. She needed to know he didn’t hate her, or think she was a sicko, or anything like that. While he still didn’t know if he could do what she evidently needed, he loved her, and wanted to make sure she knew that.

When he finally made it into bed, he laid there for almost an hour, unable to sleep. Trying to make sense of this wasn’t easy. He would have to do some research, and find out what it was all about. Sleep overcame him with the vision of Grace sleeping peacefully as she snuggling her bunny, nursing her pacifier, clear in his mind.

Re: Amazing Grace Chapter 1

OK BB what got in your diaper? ??? ???

First horror and now this. ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

Not bad of a start, will look for more. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well my friend,

The horror story I’m trying to flesh out and fix is starting to get to me, and I needed to take a break. I’d rather write a shorter piece during the interim, than try to go back to snuggles and tears and then drop it again. Less chance of screwing it up this way.

Also, I’ve had this idea in my head for a bit, getting it from one of the non-story threads that were posted here.

I just needed something much less horrific to work on for just a bit.

Thanks for reading, and taking the time to respond.

BB

An excellent chapter BB. Keep it up.