Are the "Diaper Dimension" Stories that came after the original story all fanfictions? Just wondering...

Exactly what it says on the tin, but I’m just saying, it takes place in the same world, so technically are they fanfictions or not?

Re: Are the “Diaper Dimension” Stories that came after the original story all fanfictions? Just wondering…

I’d call them fanfictions, yes. And I’m the author of one.

Re: Are the “Diaper Dimension” Stories that came after the original story all fanfictions? Just wondering…

Agreed, unless an author gets a license from PPP it’s a fanfic.

Yeah, and to think that only occured tome a few days ago.

That is If PPP got a License for the Diaper Dimension. I think she may have but I am unsure.

She created it. “Alyssa’s Adventures in the Diaper Dimension” was the original. The rest of us have been riffing off it since.

It wasn’t created as a Shared Universe for a group so I wouldn’t consider it one from a legal perspective. Legally they’re fanfic unless PPP gives up or loosens her ownership over it.

As long as we call it the Diaper Dimension and use her concepts and terms, it’s fanfic. It’s possible to transform a story into an original work, but every DD story I’ve seen mostly keeps to the same glossary.

If I recall correctly, it was PPP who encouraged others to add on to the world of her original story. So in a way, she’s created a shared universe.

No matter what, it’s certainly evolved into a shared universe in the same way Spells R Us did.

This topic was automatically closed 1095 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.