CAPCon?

Anybody here ever been? Planning on going next year?

I’m debating, but I don’t know how much fun I’d have since it seems like it is more AB-centric, and that isn’t really my thing.

Re: CAPCon?

A Con would really be an amazing thing. I don’t have the means to go at this point but people who do I say do yourself a favor and go.

With the way things are about to go with PetiteAB, I expect I’ll be there as a vendor.

Forgive me for sounding like the village idiot here? But there are actually Cans for AB/DLs? I really don’t identify as either so it ain’t surprising that i don’t know. But seriously how does one maintain one’s anonymity at an event like that

One doesn’t. Going to an AB con is a moment to connect IRL with other Littles.

CAPCon has been around for 5 or 6 years, always in Chicago at a hotel. TeddyCon has been around for a few years and is in PA somewhere. Another one is US Littles, which has been around for at least a few years and they move to a different state each time, I think.

You can’t 100% maintain anonymity at a con because you have to show legal ID to get in, but after that you can put whatever you want on your nametag they give you to wear.

I haven’t had the means to go to a con until now, so I haven’t looked into any of them seriously. CAPCon just opened registration a couple days ago, which is what prompted the question.

I go to science fiction conventions all the time. I couldn’t go to an ABDL convention though. I like to be a little mysterious and seeing me in person would take away some of the mystery.

Incidentally, you may enjoy knowing your one of the few regulars that I still couldn’t say with any certainty what their gender is and that’s pretty impressive :slight_smile:

So far with 5 exceptions not including yourself I’ve eventually had my guesses proven right :stuck_out_tongue:

As for me personally, yeah I couldn’t even think of going to something like CAPCon unless it was board business related.

I don’t have a passport – too lazy – but have fun! I love that groups like ours can have conventions in major cities (and not out in the desert away from the Laws of Man and God).

I got denied. Pointless thread is pointless.

Denied?! For what?!

Trying to find out now. I used a throwaway e-mail to register, but the refund notice from PayPal went to my main e-mail, which is how I originally found out. I messaged someone on FetLife, but haven’t checked to see if there is a response. Checked the throwaway e-mail and all there was was a canned response saying I was denied.

Have you tried interacting with the organizing body through tumblr or some of there other social media interfaces (ps dont use throwaways again, if anything set up a compartmentalized alt accts.).

I live in NWI and am planning on attending either next year or the year after, depends on how things have settled out. That being said, from the little that I have spoken with them they seem fairly straight forward about everything and sounds like they run a tight ship.

Isn’t that what a throwaway e-mail is? I didn’t want them having my regular e-mail.

Got a message from the person I messaged on FetLife; all they said was that “it is out of my control, e-mail [e-mail address] if you have any other concerns”.

I don’t understand. What is out of their control?

I asked if I e-mailed the address I was given if I would get a real reason, because if not I’m not going to waste my time.

I think what that meant was “I’m just the social media guy. I don’t get to pick who gets in and who doesn’t.”

No what i am suggesting is far different from a “burner”, i have all my kink accts. registered under one email that is still registered to my actual person and address. At some point, especially when considering real life encounters etc., you just have to throw all the useless paranoia aside and plunge in. That is not to say let your guard down, theres some nasty shit it out there.

Heres the concept of what i am refering to when i say compartmentalization.

That paranoia is hardly “useless” when you have almost been outed.

Besides, I’ve used some many different e-mail addresses and screen names over the years that it’d be a oain in the ass to go through and change everything. It’s just as easy to use a throwaway e-mail. I did register it in my own name, BTW.

Apologies if I am coming off in a manner that it seems like I am telling you what to do. Bad habit I’ve developed over the years.

Just trying to offer my input is all.

Supposedly something was found during the vetting process. They wouldn’t tell me what. The message I just got read like a canned message, only it was typed by a real prson.

They said they would take into consideration if someone from my local community vouched for me, but I don’t have anyone. That was the entire point of going in the first place.

I really hope they tell me what they found, because that has the potential to affect me getting a job later in life.