CAPcon

Anyone else going? Me and a new friend are attending.

Re: CAPcon

I’ll be there.

Still looking for decently priced flights.

While I’d like to meet some of you, I am not ready for that public of an event.

You might think about TeddyCon, WriteAndLeft. It is in a hotel completely blocked off from any public. No one is allowed to leave the hotel dressed non-vanilla.

Same situation at CAP this year - the whole hotel is booked and blocked. No one gets in without a pass, and no one is staying at the hotel who isn’t part of the con.

She and I have already booked tickets for Teddy as well, so maybe I’ll see some of you guys there.

I should see you at TeddyCon. My Mommy is coming too. I have my room reserved and my ticket was won free by my brother - he wasn’t even trying to win another ticket (he won his already), he was just playing another game, and ended up winning again. His Daddy won a free ticket as well! lol So we asked what to do about another free ticket win, and they let him give it to me. Then Mommy and I got hers. She’s never been.

We did promise to leave the carnival after that winning streak! :: Giggle! :: Gave away the rest of the tokens.

How big is this convention that it can fill an entire hotel? I go to science fiction conventions and there are other guests that give us funny looks, but they don’t really mind the people in the funny clothes. We usually have about five or six hundred people at science fiction conventions.

I hope to attend next year

I think the last Teddycon had 375?

Having never been, I don’t know how many people usually go to CAPCon. But this year’s con is apparently large enough to justify an overflow hotel. Then again, the host hotel itself isn’t at max capacity because I saw a post on FetLife from one of the organizers saying that 60% of the rooms in the host hotel were registered to only one person and they were trying to get the people that were in a room solo to consider a roommate so they could allow more people to come.

The reason they started booking the overflow hotel is because the main hotel is indeed at max capacity. All rooms are taken.

I’ve been wanting to come gleefully say that I’m going, but I had a paranoid thought that my room wasn’t confirmed (I ordered REALLY early, I’ve been talking myself out of CAPCon for 3 years running). I got the re-confirmation this morning and I feel amazing!

I can’t wait, I’ve literally never gotten to be Little around people who aren’t my romantic partner, and I’ve never met another ABDL.

I’m giddy.

I’ll be there with Daddy :slight_smile:

This was way fun. I’m so glad Becca and I got to do it.

It was amazing. Here’s the observation I made, or at least I tried to, while standing on the stage being watched by a hundred or so ABDLs while I held my little ukulele in my sloth PJs:

When I started writing my stories, I did so because there wasn’t enough LOVE in ABDL fiction. It was all dark fantasies of sadomasochism, especially in the Diaper Dimension which had so much amazing untapped narrative potential. A lot of us are isolated - I’ve been an ABDL for something like 20 years but prior to this very year, I had never met another ageplayer in person. It’s a very lonely thing, we share a fetish that isn’t understood, that isn’t accepted, and has a very negative reputation by the general vanilla public (it’s getting better!). I felt so alone, and the darkness of the stories and the way that people behave on places like reddit led me to believe that it would be a bunch of sad people looking for partners.

But it wasn’t. I’m sure there were some people who went looking to make a connection, but everyone I talked to was there with love in their hearts and acceptance on their lips. I’ve never seen so much open gender non-conformity in my entire life. There were bearded people in dresses, and they were just HAPPY. I made a new friend who is a great big guy, but he’s a Little and his dress was so so cute. And it was just NORMAL. Everything was normal. This was the thing that was missing from the fiction, this is why Melanie was trans in Best of It, why Gwen was non-binary, why Helen was a masculine woman in Little Choices - I wanted more love and acceptance in fiction because I felt it was missing from the world… but it wasn’t, it was right there waiting at CAPCon.

It was simply amazing, and if you’ve never had someone in your life who accepts your fetish/lifestyle without judgement, you’ve got hundreds of friends waiting for you at CAPCon. I can’t wait until it comes around again, it was beautiful.

This topic was automatically closed 1095 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.