Dawn Of The Diapered: Chapter Five

~Mini Commentary~

So this chapter was pretty easy to write. Most of it would have been included in chapter four, but I’m trying to keep each chapter as close to six pages as possible so that it doesn’t frighten people away with obscene length. My personal favorite part of this chapter is at the end, you’ll guess it when you read it I’m sure. I thought that it was an odd mix of sweet, sad, and creepy all at the same time which to me = WIN!

If anyone is curious to know what I listen to while I write I shall now include a small list of albums that help me to focus and write.

Beastie Boys: Licensed To Ill; Nekromantix: Return Of The Loving Dead; The Offspring: Smash; NWA: Straight Outta Compton; Voodoo Organist: The Serpent Dance; Blink-182: Greatest Hits; Green Day: Nimrod; Sublime: Greatest Hits; Foo Fighters: One By One; Fatboy Slim: You’ve Come A Long Way Baby; Flogging Molly: Swagger; The Vandals: Hitler Bad, Vandals Good; Stephen Lynch: Superhero; Yellowcard: Ocean Avenue; Rise Against: Revolutions Per Minute; Linkin Park: Minutes To Midnight

The list changes depending on my mood and how much help I need to get focused, but that should give you some idea about what type of music I listen to. As always, comments and questions are appreciated and criticism is always welcome.

Knight

~END MINI COMMENTARY~

Dawn Of The Diapered: An Invasion Of The Adulthood Snatchers Story
By: Dementia’s Knight

Part I: A Life Less Frightening
Chapter V: The Will To Go On

A day had passed since Travis had called Tanya to cancel the walk through the house he and his wife were thinking about purchasing. The meeting had been canceled when Rosa, Travis’ wife had suddenly become ill. At first Travis thought she just had a stomach bug that had caused her to evacuate her bladder and bowels into her pants. The situation became much more serious however when Rosa woke in the middle of the night and crawled out of the bedroom where she was sleeping and into the guest room where Travis had opted to sleep for the night.

Rosa’s nightgown had been stained by her various leaking fluids, and she reeked horribly because of it. She’d managed to get into the guest room and to the bed before Travis had woken up. As he had opened his eyes he saw his wife pulling herself onto the bed. Travis felt something was wrong with her as he strained to see her in the darkness of the room. The headlights of a passing car illuminated the room briefly enough for him to see the vacant look in her eyes.

The light in the room came on as soon as he’d found the lamp switch, and then promptly went out again as he tumbled backward off the bed and into the nightstand, knocking over the lamp in the process. As he’d seen in the brief moment that the room was filled with light, Rosa’s mouth was opened unnaturally wide, and a wriggling creature was emerging.

As fast as he could, Travis fled the room and made his way to the master bedroom. He slammed and locked the door behind him and rushed to the phone. 911 proved to be little help as the automated woman on the other end of the line explained that all circuits were busy and that he should wait on the line for the next available person.

Rosa’s scratching at the door startled Travis, he dropped the phone and stood frozen in place staring at the door. The scratching turned to banging in short time, and Travis finally was jarred from his pose. He went to the closet and pulled his rifle down from the high top shelf.

“Rosa, I dunno what’s wrong with you honey, but it ain’t good!” he’d shouted to his wife as he loaded a round into the rifle.

The banging continued unaltered as he finished readying the gun and moved to the bedroom door. With a deep breath he gripped the doorknob and quickly turned it and pulled the door open before leaping away from it and taking aim at the head of his seated wife in the hall.

Rosa looked at him quizzically for a moment and then smiled at him. She moved from her seat on the floor and started to crawl toward her husband. The single gunshot rang out inside the house, and was soon followed by the anguished cries of a man filled with guilt.

,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø ,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤ºº°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,

Travis sat in the bedroom with Rosa’s lifeless body in his arms. He stared down at her sobbing as he stroked her blood matted hair.

The shot that he’d fired had hit her in the center of the forehead, the bullet had obliterated her skull when it fragmented within her head. Now she looked less like a person and more like a scarecrow that had had it’s head haphazardly stuffed with raw meats that were now leaking out.

At some point after he’d killed her, the slimy creature had resurfaced at her lips and attempted to leap into him. With screams of terror Travis had managed to bat the creature away and smash it into a gory stain on the carpet with the butt of his rifle. The room was again silent as Travis slept with his wife’s body in his arms. As he muttered mournfully in his sleep, another wriggling creature crept slowly to the slack opening of Rosa’s mouth, and with deathly silence it moved into the open, it’s sights set on the sleeping man ahead.

Douglas Archer reached his house and left his stolen car idling in the driveway. He ran next door and paused when he saw the open front door. Cautiously pushing the door open he entered the house and looked around.

“Sarah!? Tanya!?” Douglas called out to the empty house.

After a disheartening check through the house Douglas gave up and sat on the couch with his head in his hands. He thought of all the horrible things that could have happened to his daughter, and then he rose from his feet. He was the last thing his daughter had in the world, and he couldn’t just give up on searching for her. But he knew he’d need some protection if more of the things that came from Marianne’s mouth decided to pop up during his search.

Being a police officer provided Douglas the luxury of having a literal arsenal in his home. He left the Mitchell house and went to his own, he looked around for Tanya or his daughter and when the search turned up no sign of either he went downstairs to the heavy basement door. After unlocking it he walked in and went to the bookshelf at the far end, the bookshelf slid aside with ease and showed the small door behind it.

The door opened after Douglas entered the code into the small numbered panel next to it, and fluorescent lights turned on one after another in the room beyond. No less than a dozen shotguns lined one side of the room, the other side of the room held pistols of every caliber and several machine guns. Making his way into the room he opened a heavy footlocker and pulled out a bulletproof vest and a change of clothes. Once he’d dressed himself in the new items he donned a pair of holsters that he fed his arms through and put a pistol in each of the leather holders. A pistol was placed in an ankle holster on each leg, and a machine gun was slung over one shoulder while he carried a shotgun with one hand and a box full of ammo in the other.

Feeling as prepared as possible, Douglas left the room and went back upstairs, he took one last look around the house and then went outside, got back into his stolen car and drove off to find his daughter.

Toby held his sister’s hand as they walked down the street. Sirens wailed in many places around them, and several ambulances and fire trucks had passed by them in the short amount of time since they’d left the house.

Brenda struggled to keep up with Toby as he hurriedly walked ahead of her. She finally gave up after a few more minutes and pulled her hand away from his causing him to turn around quickly to check on her.

“I’m tired! I need to take a break!” she shouted, answering the question that his face seemed to be asking.

Toby sighed. “We need to keep moving, if we can get to Grandma’s house before dark I think we’ll be alright.” he explained.

Brenda shook her head. “I won’t be able to make it that far if you keep dragging me like this.” she said, her eyes beginning to water.

Toby hugged her. “I’m sorry, but I need to make sure you’re safe and this is the only plan I have.” he said.

Brenda had pulled a bottle of water and an apple from her bag and began to partake of the items as she looked at her brother pleadingly.

“Alright, we’ll stop for a few minutes to eat and drink, and then we need to keep moving.” Toby told her.

Brenda smiled and went and took a seat on the grass outside the building they were in front of. She gulped down her water and devoured her apple, unable to take the time to savor either item. She watched Toby as he pulled out a map and looked over it for a moment before looking up and around at the area surrounding them.

“I need to use the bathroom.” Brenda said with a blush.

Toby looked at her for a second and then looked around. “Go in those bushes on the side of the building.” he told her.

Brenda stared at him as if a third arm had begun to sprout from his face. “I’m not going in the bushes where anyone walking by can see me!” she exclaimed.

Another siren wailed as it passed by near them, and several gunshots rang out somewhere down the block. “I think maybe everyone has other things to worry about besides a little girl peeing in some bushes.” Toby told her.

Brenda frowned at him and stood up. “I’m not a little girl.” she said indignantly before she stomped off toward the bushes on the side of the building. Sure that the bushes didn’t harbor any nasty creatures or vicious people, Brenda looked around and pulled her pants down before she squatted down and backed into the bush. She drummed her fingers on her knees as she tried to relax herself enough to let her bladder release. She closed her eyes and tried to imagine a waterfall or some other flowing water source, and she finally felt a trickle escape her.

Toby continued to examine the map for a moment after Brenda had left and then he folded it up and stuffed it back into his bag. “C’mon Bren! Shake it and let’s get a move on!” he called out as he got up from the grass. When he didn’t get a snide comment back from her he began to worry. Pulling the gun from the waistband of his pants he inched his way over to the corner of the building and slowly peeked his head around it.

“Stop trying to watch me pee pervert!” Brenda shouted when she saw the top of Toby’s head poke out from behind the edge of the building.

Toby laughed out loud from relief when he heard his sister’s voice. He apologized and stuffed the pistol back into the waistband of his pants and turned to wait at the end of the grass. As he did he nearly ran into a girl about his age.

“Whoa! Sorry, I didn’t hear you walk up.” he told the girl as he cautiously reached back down to his gun.

The girl hunched over and breathed heavily. “Please, help me.” she said between gasps for air.

He took his hand off the gun and put it on the girl’s shoulder. “What happened?” he asked.

“My mother. She’s acting crazy. She’s like a baby or something.” the girl explained as she struggled to catch her breath.

Brenda emerged from the bushes and came over to Toby and some red headed girl. “Who’s this?” she asked.

Toby shrugged. “She says her mom is acting crazy, thinks she’s a baby or something.” he said. “Sound like what happened to Molly?” he asked.

Brenda shuddered visibly and shook her head. “No. She was violent, she screamed like a madwoman and…” she trailed off, not wanting to open the door she’d closed to keep the memories of the previous night from coming out.

“Well, Kyle’s parents were acting weird when I got to his house, and I just left because he seemed like he was in the middle of something when I got there.” Toby explained.

Toby offered the red haired girl a bottle of water which she took and guzzled quickly. “Thank you.” she said with a smile.

“Should we go check on your mom?” he asked.

The girl shook her head vigorously. “I don’t wanna go back there.” she said.

Brenda nodded. “You can come with us if you want. We’re heading to our grandma’s house.” she explained.

The girl smiled. “Thank you.” she said. “My name’s Kisa.” she added.

With a new traveler in their party, Toby and Brenda walked back to the street, and restarted their long trek to the only safe place they could think of.

Tanya heard a loud crash somewhere near her, then a shout of obscenity followed by another shotgun blast. Her vision was blurred when she opened her eyes. She could hear Fidel talking to her, but his words were hard to understand, it sounded like he was far away or underwater. She blinked several times to get her vision back to normal, and finally succeeded in time to see Fidel appear in front of her.

“You alright!” he shouted.

Tanya started to nod slowly when she remembered the red stain she’d seen in the hall. The memory jolted her to alertness and she pushed away from Fidel and tried to get up and run away but her shoe slipped in the puddle of water and she tumbled back to the floor knocking the wind out of her.

Fidel looked back at the window at the newly headless man laying in the opening. He assumed that Tanya had seen the grisly sight and panicked. He sighed and set his gun down and followed after her as she clawed her way out the bathroom door.

“Don’t kill me.” Tanya wheezed as she pulled herself on her stomach out the bathroom door.

Fidel reached down and rolled Tanya onto her back. “What’d you say?” he asked.

Tanya struggled against his hand and kicked upward at him striking him just where she meant to. Fidel groaned loudly and clutched his crotch as he staggered sideways and slammed against the wall in the hallway.

Seeing her opportunity, Tanya mustered all her will and moved back to the bathroom where she shoved the door closed and reached out to grab the shotgun. Rolling onto her back she aimed the gun at the door and waited. A second later the door lazily swung open and she fired.

Sarah Archer walked slowly down the street. Her bare feet slapped the pavement with every step causing her to giggle every time she moved forward. The physically nine year old girl walked on shaky legs, her mind and developmental levels were now much closer to a two or three year old as she looked around for a playmate.

The young girl began to cry as her stomach rumbled at her, shouting for nourishment. She wanted her mommy or daddy to feed her and make the itchy feeling in her panties go away. These thoughts faded away as she saw the large grocery store ahead of her. She vaguely recalled going there with her parents and getting food. With renewed vigor she toddled toward the large structure, a wet smile on her face.

Many people streamed in and out of the grocery store as Sarah approached it. Most were shouting and struggling to carry all the items that they’d grabbed from within, they were all to busy to notice the filthy little girl as she strolled into the building and down one of the aisles.

As she neared the back of the store, Sarah heard someone crying. She peered curiously around the end of the aisle and saw a lady sitting on the floor. The woman had a man laying on the floor next to her with his head resting on her very pregnant stomach as he suckled on her exposed breast. The woman was sobbing uncontrollably as she looked down at the nursing man.

Sarah smiled and dropped to her hands and knees. She crawled over to the woman and looked up at her curiously. “Mama?” she asked.

The woman began crying harder as she weakly nodded and opened the other cup of her nursing bra for the small girl to have a suckle of her own. Sarah smiled and nestled in next to the man and latched her mouth onto the woman’s breast and kicked her legs happily as warm sweet milk trickled down her throat.

To Be Continued…

I dig your music. 8)

Re: Dawn Of The Diapered: Chapter Five

Excellent!

“Rosa, I dunno what’s wrong with you honey, but it ain’t good!”

That line gave me the giggles.

Travis & Rosa - love it!!

Yay, another part of this story, D. Knight!!

I’ve been following this story, and I’ve been liking it too. But… Did I miss a previous mention of the slimy creatures who more-or-less possess their hosts? Maybe I missed that in a previous chapter. Regardless, I think I was hoping for a more plague or disease oriented cause for the baby-zombies. I’m not as crazy about little creatures.

The little creatures come from the short story that started this whole thing. Sorry you don’t like them as much as a disease or some other infectious method. The reason I went with creatures is in part to do with the aliens, and because I dug the Puppet Masters and wanted to use those.

I hope this doesn’t sour you on the entire story, but if it does I thank you for your interest to this point.

Knight