Dawn Of The Diapered: Part Two: Chapter One

~MINI COMMENTARY~

Kind of a short chapter this time around. I needed to focus on packing and getting things squared away. I’m moving to Texas this weekend to live with Mommy V, YAY! :smiley:

This chapter was not rushed despite it being half the length of the other chapters, I just felt that it didn’t need to be a long one as it’s mainly character development.

Part two is going to focus on Toby, Brenda, Sarah, and Kisa. I plan for it to be about 6-7 chapters long and bring the characters to their eventual conclusions in this story…or not, I haven’t decided yet. Anywho, if you like teenage angst and sarcasm, you’re gonna love part two!

No music list for this chapter because I didn’t listen to anything, I had 28 Days Later playing on a continuous loop during my writing time. All in all, I feel that this chapter helps establish what kinds of people the characters are, and gives some insight into their actions up to this point, but I could be wrong and it could just be a short chapter with no point.

So, concluding my final writing job accomplished in Colorado, this is Dementia’s Knight saying “Thanks for reading and I’ll see ya real soon!”

Knight

~END MINI COMMENTARY~

Dawn Of The Diapered: An Invasion Of The Adulthood Snatchers Story
By: Dementia’s Knight

Part II: The Kid’s Aren’t Alright
Chapter I: Holing Up For The Night

Toby sat at the small picnic table in the park with Sarah on his lap. He was, and had been for nearly twenty minutes now, in the process of trying to get the young girl to eat. The girl’s face was smeared with the bright orange remains of the strained carrots Toby had selected.

“C’mon Sarah, I know you must be hungry.” he said as he tried again to steer the spoon into the pursed lips of his charge.

Sarah squirmed on the older boy’s lap, and turned her head away from the spoon as it approached her, getting another war paint like smear on her cheek.

“I really don’t think she’s hungry.” Brenda said with a smirk as she watched the display from her seat on the other side of the table.

Kisa sat on the table itself, as far away as she could get from Sarah and stole periodic glances behind her to make sure they were still safe. “I think we should get moving, it’ll be dark soon.” she said.

Toby shook his head. “We’re not leaving till morning.” he said.

Kisa sat dumbfounded for a moment before shooting off the table with an exasperated sigh. “And when were you planning on sharing this with the rest of us?” she asked with her arms folded across her chest.

“I just did.” he said simply as he replenished the spoon with another dollop of baby food.

Kisa scoffed and dropped her arms, placing her hands on her hips. “And where are you planning we sleep tonight?” she asked.

“The restrooms over there. The doors have locks and the windows are too small for anyone to get in. Should be perfect, except for the smell.” he told her with a weak smile.

“Well that’s just fucking beautiful!” Kisa said as she threw her arms up to the sky dramatically.

“Kisa, sit down and shut up. I’m tired of listening to your whining.” Brenda hissed.

The older redhead glared icily at Brenda but said nothing, and instead marched away to the bathrooms.

“Well put little sister.” Toby said with a smile as he managed to get a spoonful of food into Sarah’s mouth.

Brenda returned his smile, and went back to silently watching the comical dance that Sarah and Toby were performing for her.

,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø ,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤ºº°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,

Kisa Arnold slumped into the far corner of the women’s bathroom with head buried into her arms as she folded them on the tops of her knees that she had pulled up to her chest. In that moment, all the sorrow and loneliness that she felt when she’d seen her mother become one of ‘those things’ came rushing up from where she’d buried it, and she cried for the first time since she’d left her mother.

She reluctantly let the sight of her mother creep back into her thoughts. The once proud and strong woman that she’d looked up to for so many years on the floor of her bedroom ripping at the carcass of the family cat, Bootsie. Kisa would have screamed had she not been paralyzed with fear as her mother looked up at her, her eyes wide and almost feral looking. She remembered seeing her mother’s mouth caked with cat blood, and a steady drip of gore coming from her chin.

Kisa had heard the word a zillion times in movies and novels, but she never thought that she’d use it to describe a real life person, much less her mother. Nevertheless, zombie was what she thought in that split second when she saw her mother.

It was her mother’s scream that had snapped her back into focus. A mix of anguish and rage that one might find more commonplace on a battlefield. It was the scream that allowed her to regain control over her mind and body and back out of the room and slam the door shut before her mother leapt at her like a wolf.

She didn’t know why she didn’t trust Sarah, after all, the girl had shown no signs of being a threat to anyone or anything besides the diaper taped around her waist. But somewhere in her gut she could feel that Sarah Archer was no different than her mother, it would only be a matter of time before she knew she would be proved right and all their lives would be in danger.

Toby cradled Sarah in his arms as she nursed on her bottle of milk. He stroked her curly hair gently as he slowly rocked the young girl to sleep.

“You’re good with her.” Brenda whispered to him with a smile.

Toby returned her smile. “It’s not hard, she’s pretty well behaved.” he said quietly as he watched Sarah’s eyes close slowly as the young girl finally succumbed to her drowsiness.

“I don’t remember you being that nice to me when we were growing up.” Brenda told him.

Toby stifled a chuckle and looked up at his sister. “You weren’t well behaved.” he said, getting a sour look from Brenda, who followed up with a sticking out of her tongue.

“You gonna sleep with her in the other bathroom?” she asked.

Toby nodded and slowly positioned himself so that he could stand up and carry Sarah with him to their bed for the night. “I don’t think Kisa is ready to share a room with her yet, and I’m not sure I trust her not to try another murder attempt.” he confessed.

Brenda too stood from her seat and went around the table to walk with her brother. “I know what you mean, that chick is frickin’ psycho.” she said.

The two siblings made their way to the restroom building and said their goodnights to one another before parting ways for the evening. Toby retired with Sarah to the men’s room while Brenda went to the women’s to join Kisa.

With a steady hand and the utmost silence and care, Toby laid Sarah down on the makeshift bed of folded up clothes that he’d arranged earlier in the evening. He slid a pacifier into the girls mouth and lay down on his own clothing bed, opting to stay awake for a bit longer and keep an eye on the sweet sleeping baby minded girl.

Brenda entered the women’s restroom and locked the heavy door behind her. She heard quiet sobbing and sniffling in the corner, and saw Kisa slowly rocking back and forth on the floor with her face buried in her folded arms.

“Kisa, are you alright?” Brenda asked as she slowly approached the older girl.

Kisa looked up from her arms, her eyes were red and puffy from the large amount of crying she’d been doing. “No, for your information, I am not alright.” she spat at the younger girl before burying her face into her arms again.

Brenda moved slowly across the room, when she reached Kisa she took a seat next to the girl and hesitated for a moment before she put an arm around her. “Do you wanna talk about it?” she asked quietly.

Kisa said nothing for a long while before she finally brought her head back up and told Brenda her horrifying story about her mother.

Brenda listened intently to Kisa’s tale, letting the girl take breaks when she needed to for more crying. When the story ended she leaned forward and hugged the older girl tightly. “I had something like that happen to me.” she said in a voice barely above a whisper.

“What happened to you?” Kisa asked as she wiped away the last remnants of tears from her eyes.

Brenda sighed and sat back against the wall. “I was staying at my friend Molly’s. Normally Molly is peppy and all that, but when I got there she was really pale and sick looking.” she said. “I asked her what was wrong and she went wild, she shoved me backward and ran out of the room. I started to follow her but stopped when I heard the screams. Her parents were screaming like they were being attacked, and Molly was growling like some kind of animal. I left before the screams stopped.” Brenda said.

“So you didn’t see any of what was going on?” Kisa asked.

Brenda shook her head slowly. “I knew that it was bad, and that if I stayed it’d only get bad for me too. I guess that makes me a coward.” she managed to say as her voice wavered and she began to cry.

Kisa put her arm around the young girl and hugged her. “I think you’d be more of a coward if you had given up and let Molly kill you too.” she said.

The two girl’s sat in silence for a long while as their stories hung in one another’s minds, the silence was finally broken by Kisa as she looked at Brenda with sudden confusion. “So if you know what the infected people become, why do want to protect Sarah? Aren’t you scared she’ll pull a Molly on all of us?” she asked.

Brenda shook her head. “Sarah is different.” she said. “I don’t know how to explain it, but something about her is pure, I think she’s just a nine year old baby.” she explained.

Kisa thought for a moment before she sat back against the wall. “I hope you’re right Brenda, I pray that you are.” she said.

With nothing left to say, the two girl’s said their own goodnights to one another and settled down on their clothing beds and joined Sarah in the first restful night’s sleep they’d get for a long time to come.

To be Continued…

awesome! flippin awesome! keep it up D. knight :smiley:

The flow in this chapter is perfect!!! Good job baby!!! :smiley:

Nicely written. Congratulations on the big move!

Aww, I love the interaction between Toby & Sarah, it is great!! This is a great start, D. Knight & I am looking foward to see where you go with it!! Good job!!

Dude, not bad! Not bad at all! I am impressed. I love it. I can’t wait to see more of this story and see how it all turns out.

BabyChris121675