Empty Nest: Chapter Six

I’m not quite satisfied with how this installment turned out, but I didn’t want to hold up new chapters any longer by reworking it. Classes started and they require a lot of reading, hence my sudden drop in productivity.

Chapter Six

There was trial and there was error, but there was also improvement and Sherry was finally able to sleep at night. On a rational level, she was still uncertain – make that very uncertain – about what she was doing. But in her heart, she knew she was right. And if it turned out she was mistaken about that, she was fairly certain Mitchell was devious enough to find a way out of it for both of them.

After locking him into diapers, Sherry fixed him a late lunch. He gobbled a grilled cheese sandwich and slurped tomato soup with vigor. When he was finished, she asked him to stick around so they could have The Talk.

Sherry started by telling him she wasn’t trying to judge him, but it was obvious from the way he’d been acting that he needed help.

“Me?” he asked, a touch surprised. “What about you?”

“I’m well aware that I’ve been…out of sorts recently,” she said. “But I believe I can help myself by helping you.”

“How is this helping though?” he asked. “The diapers and all this weird sh…stuff? Cuz I don’t get it.”

“Honestly, Mitch?” she said. “I think it will help keep your behavior under control.”

“I don’t need to be controlled!” he said, slamming his hand on the kitchen table. If there had been a glass in it, it would have shattered and she’d have both a messy table and a bloody-handed boy to tend to. The gesture went a long way toward proving her point.

“I have no delusions of being able to turn back the clock with you,” she told him. “Diapers or not, I’m well aware that you’re 19 years old. But like it or not, at this point in your life you do need someone there to make certain decisions for you. Someone to help you get back on track until you are able to best make those decisions for yourself. Is that a fair assessment?”

His face twitched and he shrugged. “Yeah, I guess,” he admitted. “But I’m still confused. How are you gonna help me? I mean, my parents thought they were helping by bugging me all the time about doing things. They called it motivation. I call it bull…”

“Oh, no,” Sherry said, embarrassed by how he’d misread her. “That’s not it at all. In fact, I don’t want you to worry about finding a job or paying rent or anything else that you clearly aren’t up to. When I feel you are ready, I will help you get a job. A good one.”

He sat straight as a bolt in his chair and let loose his enthusiasm from whichever internal Guantanamo he housed it in. Hope flooded his eyes and his sincere “really?” brought a smile to her face.

“Yes, really,” she said. This was the good part. “I don’t want you worrying about where your next meal is coming from either. From now on, you eat here for free.”

“Oh man,” he exclaimed. “That’s awesome. You’re great at cooking stuff.”

Sherry blushed slightly. She couldn’t remember the last time Larry had complimented her cooking. Lauren did from time to time, when the mood struck her and she wanted to learn a recipe. Justin either stuffed himself in silence or took two bites and proclaimed himself finished.

“Well thank you,” she told him.

“So what’s the catch?” he asked. “I mean, there is a catch, right? Something you want me to do in exchange for all of this.”

He’d gotten to the point quickly and it jolted her from her happiness. But she’d been prepared to answer that question at one point or another.

“Well, yes,” she said. “‘Catch’ isn’t the term I would have used, but there are certain expectations I do have of you. For starters, I expect you to enroll at the college next semester.”

His face soured and he shook his head. “Nah,” he said. “No offense, but I did that already. It wasn’t for me.”

She sighed. “Mitch, do you know what you would like to be doing instead?” she asked. “I mean long-term. A career.”

He shrugged again. “Not really. My dad does repair work. I know a little about that, but I’m not like, licensed or anything.”

“Have you thought about joining the military?”

“Hell no!” he blurted, quickly adding, “not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

A smirk returned to Sherry’s face. At least he was being sincere. “You and I both know you’re too clever to work dead-end jobs the rest of your life,” she told him. “If you aren’t going to enlist, that means you need to either go to school or learn a trade. The college will help you with both.”

“But…”

“…and I will help you with the college,” she said.

“OK. What else?”

“I need a little patience from you, Mitch,” she said. “What I’m doing may not make sense to you at first, but I need you to believe I really do have your best interests at heart. If you trust me, it makes it easier for me to trust you. But if you lie to me, if you don’t even try to do what I ask, there will be consequences. Do you understand?”

“Does that include the diapers?”

“Yes, Mitch, that includes wearing diapers. I would also appreciate, at least until your overall attitude approves, if you call me Ma’am.”

He exhaled in a pseudo-sigh and slouched down in the chair.

“I know this is a lot to digest,” she said. “So if you need to take some time…”

“Free rent, huh?” he asked.

"For the time being, yes.

“And free meals?”

“That is what I said.”

“What about other stuff? Like laundry and cleaning and, I dunno, fixing things around here?”

“That’s something we can discuss,” she said. “Actually, I have a list of things I’ve been meaning to get to since…I’ve been here on my own. There may be some money in it for you if you can do a good job.”

He sat up once again in the chair and looked her over. She tried to show him kindness, sincerity, calm, but inside she was a bundle of raw, raging nerves. If he dismissed her with a shake of the head – or worse, a cold, accusing stare – it would be That Moment all over again and she didn’t know what she would do.

Instead, he made it easy for her. He said, “deal.”

Link’s head hurt. He was confused, sure, but it wasn’t the confusion that made his head hurt. It was the knowing. There was a moment or two – first, when he was being diapered and again when he was eating lunch – that he had a mini-epiphany. I’m letting this happen, he thought. This is all fucked up and I’m not doing anything but thinking this is fucked up. Why is that?

He suspected that his once-dependable instincts had utterly and completely failed him. Going with what he wanted, what he thought felt right, had gotten him into this mess. It had cost him his job and his girlfriend and had gotten him spanked and locked into diapers. Yeah, sure, that manager was an asshole and D was a bitch, but somewhere in all that was something he had to own. From now on, he would change things up. He’d play it cautious and see if that landed him someplace better.

Of course, Sherry wasn’t making it easy for him. When she started talking to him about what he needed, about controlling him, it hit a nerve. Instinct said tell her off and head for the door. But he kept his cool – mostly – even though he felt like a pussy doing it. So he was a pussy, but he was a pussy with a fucking roof over his head. And the more he listened to her, the more he realized she was right. What did he want to do? Who did he want to be? He knew that once. Now? Umm…

The hard part would be doing what she wanted. The diapers were bad enough, but he got the feeling the worst was yet to come. If he wanted all that, he’d be living at home. Still, he believed her when she said she was looking out for him. She offered to help him through school. The last time his parents helped him with academics, he was still carrying a lunchbox with cartoon characters on it.

So he said “deal” and Sherry gave him a big hug and a “Mitch, I’m so happy for you” and he went up to his room. He was curious to find out what else she’d hidden under his bed, but before he could start exploring, nature called. He had to piss wicked bad and he was locked in a damn diaper. She didn’t expect him to actually use these things, did she? Well, yeah, maybe she did. He thought about asking her, but reconsidered. She said yes and he was stuck pissing himself. Might as well try to figure it out on his own.

The leather on the chastity belt was tough. Mitch had tried at first to slide it off, sucking in what meager gut he had, but it wouldn’t budge. He then tried to tear at the straps, but they wouldn’t give either. Finally, he grabbed his car keys and tried jamming them awkwardly into the lock behind him, but this too proved fruitless. All the failed attempts proved frustrating and left him grumbling and cussing up a storm.

Somewhere along the line, Sherry must have heard him as Link soon heard her coming up the stairs. He quickly tossed his keys back onto the nightstand and stopped fiddling with the chastity belt. His ass was sore enough for one day.

“You were trying to take it off,” Sherry said. “Weren’t you, Mitch?”

“What makes you think that?” he asked.

She laughed and he blushed. “I could hear you working at it from downstairs,” she said.

“I have to pee, OK?”

“Well, what do you think the diapers are for?”

He sighed. She was serious. He was fucked.

“I know, it must seem strange,” Sherry said. “It will certainly take some getting used to. But I have just the thing to help you with that. Well, to help keep you out of trouble at any rate.”

He cringed. “You aren’t gonna spank me again, are you?”

“God, no,” she said. “At least, I hope I don’t have to. I think once is more than sufficient for one day, don’t you?”

Link nodded. Once was more than sufficient for one lifetime as far as he was concerned. He kept a curious eye open as she reached under his bed once again. This time, she came up with a pair of black leather mitts. They looked like a mutant cross between snow mittens and boxing gloves and Link did not relish wearing them. He thought about refusing, maybe putting up a fight. And then what? A spanking, probably and he’d end up wearing the mitts anyway. Or, if he fought back hard enough, he could kiss his free rent goodbye. Reluctantly, he offered his hands to Sherry.

“Good boy,” she said.

Sherry fed his right hand into one of the mitts and cinched it at the wrist. She did the same with the left and linked them together in front of him. The fit was snug, but the mitts were soft and padded. Link felt like he’d punched a pillow and gotten his hands good and stuck.

She wasn’t done yet. From under the bed came a black ballgag with a long, adjustable leather strap. Sherry slipped the strap over his head and allowed the gag to dangle on his chest.

“I don’t want to hear any more profanity from you,” she said. “Is that understood?”

Link nodded and Sherry began to walk away. His bladder was killing him and he batted futilely at the front of his diaper with his mitt-covered hands.

“Sherry?” he called, stepping out into the hallway. “Ma’am? I really have to go.”

She did an about-face at the top of the stairs and walked back toward him. He’d hoped for some sympathy, but that hope was dashed by what she told him next.

“Just relax and let nature take its course,” she said.

“But…” he began, quickly realizing she wasn’t going to cut him a break. “Nevermind.”

Link tried to pee. He really did. But as bad as he had to go, his body wasn’t cooperating. He simply couldn’t bring himself to wet his pants, his diaper. Maybe he was trying too hard. He closed his eyes and thought of a beach: hotties in bikinis, a cold Corona, sand between his toes. Jack Johnson played from some dude’s speakers and the waves, man, the waves….

Before he knew it, he was wetting – not just a little, but a lot. The front of his diaper filled quickly, then it overfilled and began to drip onto the floor. He was horrified, but he couldn’t stop.

Sherry managed to look shocked too, even though it had been her idea. Embarrassed, he opened his mouth to apologize, but she preempted him.

“Just stay right there,” she said. She hurried into the bathroom, fetched a roll of paper towels and spread them out under where he stood.

“It’s my fault,” she said, unlocking the chastity belt. She didn’t even have to bother taking off the diaper. It fell to the floor of its own accord, landing with a loud, soggy plop.

“We need to get you some better diapers,” Sherry told him. “But for now, we’ll double up.”

Double up? He’d pissed himself; he’d actually pissed himself and she didn’t seem to care. Instead, she was fussing over him: removing the mittens, wiping him dry and whisking him into the bathroom where she fixed him a warm bath. Link hadn’t had a bath in years, showering having long since become the norm. But it felt good to stretch out in the tub and it felt good when Sherry washed his hair for him and he even managed a giggle when she inadvertently splashed him.

It’s like a mellow high, kinda, he told himself as she dried him with a towel. True to her word, she used two diapers on him and then the dreaded chastity belt.

The mitts, however, stayed off until bedtime. While he’d had some time to adjust by then, he still couldn’t get his mind around everything. He thought just maybe that was a good thing. After all, he’d been so preoccupied with everything else that he hadn’t given a rat’s ass about everything that was pissing him off before he landed in diapers.

“I’m proud of you,” Sherry told him as she tucked him into bed. “You made it through half a day without getting into trouble. Tomorrow, let’s try for a whole day.”

“Yeah,” he said. “OK.”

She’d checked his diapers (dry) and restrained him to the bed (“a temporary measure,” she’d promised) and planted a light kiss on his forehead. It sent a current of contentment throughout his body and he wondered if there was more where that came from.

“Good night, Mitch,” she said as she turned out the light.

“'Nite,” Link said. He would sleep well that night.

It did seem a bit rushed, but I can hardly wait to read the next chapter

I can’t wait to see what happens come the next day!! Good job WingZ!!

this story is freaking awesome. im really enjoying it, i cant wait to read more