Falling off the search results

I noticed we have fallen from first in the list to the bottom of the first page. I used the search term “ABDLSTORYFORUM”. Anyone else notice this and can anything be done?

Re: Falling off the search results

Assuming this is reference to Google, the guy who is watching the server for me while I’m out of town is working on fixing the problem.

Yep, it is google. I guess I can type the URL in the address bar until it gets fixed.

And bizarrely the top result is now us, but a random page each time. Never homepage.

Perhaps it’s time to start a Google bomb.

Do not even think about it. All you’ll accomplish is getting every site on my domain blocked from their index for 90 days and this one blocked for 120.

Is there any need for this site to be on the top of Google search results?

It’s not the fact it’s not the first result that’s the issue. The main issue is that results from the board are dropping out Google’s index. That is what is causing the page rank problem.

I have been discussing the issue with google but we’re at an impasse since they’re saying the server is denying them access but the access logs show them getting sent a 200 OK response along with the actual pages.

For the record though, this isn’t the only site on the server with the problem.

UPDATE: Finally found the source of the problem, and it has been corrected. It will take a few weeks for the Google indexes to get back up to date though.