Hello! / Is Ko-fi okay?

Hello, I was formerly a lurker, but now have a good story idea, so have decided to write. Also Is it allowed to post my Ko-fi link below posts, as seen here? If not I will remove it immediately. Thank you.

Must. Stay. Seriouaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name:coffee-cup.jpg Views:1 Size:52.4 KB ID:118335”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“118335”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]

Seriously though, welcome. Even if you end up not posting any stories, I hope you find some that you like.

Edit: As for your question about ko-fi, I haven’t got a clue, but you’ll probably get an answer pretty quickly.

I mean, it says, “as seen here”, but I see no link, and I didn’t see one when I approved the post, so I’m left scratching my head.

I have a Ko-Fi as well, but tend to rely more on Patreon.

Can someone tell me if there IS a link there on the post? because it could be that my ad-block is blocking it.

Also, is there a footer under MY posts? I assumed the newest upgrade to the forum killed what I used to have - but forgot that it could be my adblock killing it.

I don’t think it is adblock though because I have it turned off for this site.

I’m not sure what happened to the link in the OP, but it appears your sig needs to be restored, Kita. Adblock shouldn’t affect forum signatures.

Actually, it can affect them, and it does need to be fixed in the backend. As for the ko-fi link, it’s not there because the first post in a thread doesn’t include the signature.

EDIT: Forgot I actually fixed that some time back. It’s a setting that can only be configured by a direct database edit :stuck_out_tongue:

Huh, ko-fi sounds neat. Good luck to you! I’ve often wondered whether niche story communities like this would transition to some kind of freemium model. I don’t think I’d ever do it myself. Welcome BTW.

Though I wouldn’t expect too much. Seems like Elibean is making about 0.02/word which is… not great.

Oops, I seem to have confused Status with signature. I should be able to find it eventually. Also, I don’t plan on making anything significant. Just thought ‘I can so why not?’.

Your link isn’t actually a link. But I also need to adjust something in the admin panel on your account anyway that may have affected it so I’ll fix the link while I’m there :slight_smile:

EDIT: Fixed it for you. You should also have most of your account restrictions removed now :slight_smile:

Oh, you will probably see some mentions of this eventually, so for the record, the issue with Patreon links that was mentioned elsewhere is that we had a user who spammed every post with the link to his. Generally, links aren’t blocked unless there is a legal reason for it and currently there is only one story that qualifies for that type of block and it’s because of a temporary restraining order against the author.

Don’t ask, just don’t ask. I couldn’t answer your questions right now if I wanted to about that subject. Legally I can’t even tell the other admins and moderators about it.

Thanks! I’ll not ask nor spam.