Hi there

Hello everyone, I am another ex-lurker who has decided to come in from the cold.I have decided to start participating in more groups now.

Re: Hi there

Welcome.

Привет

Have we defected comrade? :smiley:

BB

Erm…don’t get the joke but no. Just turned on the russian part of my keyboard.

I wish I had a Russian part of my keyboard. I could have some fun typing in Cyrillic.

All keyboards have that capability. All you need is a program and either a set of stickers to mark Russian characters next to the American ones, or an incredibly awesome memory.

Where do I get one of those programs?

As for the stickers, wouldn’t the letter ‘A’ in English on the keyboard be the same in Russian? So you just press ‘A’ on the keyboard and the Cyrillic letter ‘A’ will appear?

Considering the russian alphabet doesn’t correspond entirely with the english one, no.

I think that without the visual cues it would be a bit of a pain to remember.

Hello everyone, Thanks for your welcome of me. So you guys liked my little Cold War joke. I have always been interested in the military history and power politics, of the 19th and 20th centuries great powers.I have a great love of history, with a particular interest in American, Russian,and English/Scottish history.I have always wanted to study Russian but am slightly intimidated by the Cryllic alphabet. One of my all time favorite Books and movies is The Hunt For Red October. Some of my other favs are LOTR,Dune,Harry Potter and Titanic. I also like Sci-Fi and some Fantasy and video games. So if anyone wants to discuss these topics let me know. Well bye for now.

Not sure who would draw the Cold War from “I came in from the cold” but okay then….

In any case, what’s the subgenre of the fantasy games you play? Action, RPG, Adventure, Indie?

I’m ashamed to say that I own the movie The Hunt For Red October, but have never watched it. Never read the book either, but I do like Tom Clancy.

Good god sir! Read it, seriously if it’s one book you ever read that should be the one. It’s fucking badass.