NOTE: Effective as of 2022-02-01T12:00:00Z except for minor corrections or for privacy protection reasons, username changes will cost $2 per change and will be only allowed once per month unless you are a monthly donor. Monthly donors may request a change once per month for free as long as their monthly donation is at least $2.
WARNING: Think very carefully before requesting a username change. Changes that are not to fix minor typos or necessary for privacy reasons will be a matter of public record for 1 year.
To request a username change:
- Create a new PM addressed to the @support group
- Make sure the subject is Username Change Request. If you don’t use that exact subject line it will take longer to process.
- If approved you’ll receive a PM letting you know that it is pending awaiting payment if payment is required. If no payment is required, we’ll send you a PM and an email letting you know the username was updated.
- If it is denied you will receive a response to your PM to let you know why it was denied and (when relevant) ways to correct the issue(s) that led to the denial.
- With the exceptions noted above, a public record of approved username changes will be created. That being said all username changes will be recorded in the moderators only section of the forums.
Note that usernames must meet the following requirements:
- Be between 3 and 32 characters
- Contain only letters, numbers, underscores, hyphens, or periods. Only letters or numbers can be the first or last character of the username
- Must NOT contain profanity.