If this sexual fetish became a mental disorder

I wonder what your reaction be if this fetish ended up in the DSM Criteria book in the sexual disorder section. I found out being gay used to be in the mental disorder book and there was even a criteria for it but it was removed finally when the gays fought by saying there is nothing wrong with them, they are normal, etc.

Would you be fighting back and doing awareness by trying to get people to understand you’re normal and there is nothing wrong with you?

It’s a section of the DSM about sexual disorders.

I’m fairly certain there’s a subsection of that about fetishes, so AB/DL-ism in general would probably fall under that.

I think it’s a matter of how important it is to you what people think about what you do. Personally, I wouldn’t really care if this lifestyle and others like it were classified as a mental illness, mainly because it’s not that important to me if what I enjoy is classified as “wrong” by the general populace. As far as I’m concerned, life is too short to worry about what others think, just do what makes you happy.

On the topic, it would be neat to see ABDL PSA’s on television with men and woman coming forward to educate and enlighten. “No, you can’t get Infantilism from sharing a drink with someone that has it.” LOL.

Knight

I would be fine with it. I like diapers pacifiers and stuffed animals.

Thats much beter then crack. Also wheres the fun in being normal?

I don’t think it would affect anything: I already know it’s abnormal after all.

I don’t see myself as abnormal or sick. I’m fine with this and happy about it. No cure for me.

I didn’t know this was already in the book, I don’t remember seeing DSM-IV for infantilism.

I definitely see it as abnormal because, well, it’s just not a normal thing to wear, or be interested in, nappies or infantile things and all that. That’s not to say it’s a bad thing or something to worry about and ‘normal’ is a fairly arbitrary notion but it’s the way I see it.

To answer the question though, people can attach whatever labels they like but if a thing isn’t harmful then it’s fine in my book so I wouldn’t really care.

Sexually I think it probably is quite normal: they’re warm and wet and soft. Sounds pretty good to me.

The unusual bit is the leap into accepting the fact that it is your own waste and being happy with that.

I don’t know, a lot of things are warm and wet and soft (and I’m sure there are people who enjoy most of those things in some fashion…) it’s the particular predilection for nappies, be it psychological or sexual, that I would say doesn’t fit with what is commonly regarded as normal. Fetishes - if that’s what we’re talking about - by definition are about an unusual attachment or prescription of value beyond the actual qualities of a certain thing aren’t they? A lit of people may not object to the sensation but still not have the same level of feeling or interest and I think that is what isn’t normal. I obviously think it’s fine to have that interest, just abnormal.

I can think of one thing above all Jaiden, which I was kinda getting at.

But nappies/diapers have the crotch association already: I think a lot of us remember diapers/nappies feeling good as a kid?

Lot of things are abnormal. Homosexuality is abnormal, bi sexuality is abnormal, having a disability is abnormal, having a disorder is abnormal, having a medical condition is abnormal. It is now acceptable to be gay and lesbian but it is still unacceptable to have this. That’s why I thought of ABDL awareness. To show everyone we are not sick twisted people and we are not child molesters. We are normal people like everyone else, we are not Heidi or those other people we seen on TV. Adult babies have nothing to do with real children and DLs.

Just a deep thought: what is “normal” anyways?

Not me.

No such thing as normal. People need to get that word out of their heads. I get sick and tired of people saying they’re not normal or they wish they were normal.

I look at it this way, I am who I am and there’s nothing that will change that. I am happy with who I am, and yeah, we are not pedos, or weirdos like Heidi Lynn, who thinks they are icons in our lifestyle.

As for me, so what if I like diapers and things? It’s a part of me.

BabyChris121675

Well said, Vickie. Well said. LOL.

BabyChris121675

Beth wrote:
“Lot of things are abnormal. Homosexuality is abnormal, bi sexuality is abnormal, having a disability is abnormal, having a disorder is abnormal, having a medical condition is abnormal. It is now acceptable to be gay and lesbian but it is still unacceptable to have this. That’s why I thought of ABDL awareness. To show everyone we are not sick twisted people and we are not child molesters. We are normal people like everyone else …”

I agree completely that some activism and public education is in order about people who like diapers, and even people who like to cross-dress or whatever. Unfortunately, there are are a small number of people who like to do those things in groups and/or take it public. If the groups are private and discrete, fine. But when they go out in public, they shock and offend and bring ridicule to the rest of us who keep such things private.

Perhaps the best PR for well-adjusted and discrete fetishists would be endorsements and spirited support from satisfied girlfriends and boyfriends.

Like with the gay thing, relentless repetition that it exists will go a long way toward cultivating familiarity and acceptance.

To be honest I think already the only people that kick up a fuss when they see this kind of thing are the ones who’d kick up a fuss until they were legally required not to. Then they’d still kick up a fuss, but only inwardly.

The people who come across us and object are those who are out looking for something to object to, rather than your average person whom I tend to think would look at this and shrug.

What did she think?

And I didn’t say whether it was right or wrong that it should be illegal. Anyhow, I was pointing out that it’s, for instance, now illegal to gay-bash.

I think Fred Phelps etc. maybe would be over here. We’re rather less tolerant of people who object to others on religious grounds (unless they’re Muslims where - not to be rude - we pussyfoot).

Still though, I think you get my point about the people I was talking about.