Interesting or not

Thought some of you would find this interesting. I am making no comment at all

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110524/ts_yblog_thelookout/parents-keep-childs-gender-under-wraps

Re: Interesting or not

I think that it’s a nice thought to allow your child to decide what they want to be, and maybe without putting gender centric labels on them you can avoid confusion/guilt if they decide to be something different. On the other hand, you named the kid Storm…that’s not a name that’s a weather event, or an African female X-man. While the idea is nice, one kid’s parents doing something like this isn’t going to change the world, so they may almost be doing this kid the opposite disservice by making him/her the only one that doesn’t “fit in” because they grew up to be Pat from Saturday Night Live.

On a personal note, I almost stopped reading that article when I read “unschooled”. That S is just retarded.

Knight

Horrible parents.

"as Stocker puts it: “If you really want to get to know someone, you don’t ask what’s between their legs.”

Typically, because you’ve already got a pretty good guess. Which is why online, when you can’t see and guess, people tend to either signify or get asked A/S/L.

I don’t think this is a big deal, and an admirable sentiment I’m sure, but it overlooks how many other levels our judgement comes in at.

said I would not comment guess I lied Kitta you are exactly right