Invasion Of The Adulthood Snatchers: Chapter Four

Invasion Of The Adulthood Snatchers
By: Dementia’s Knight

Chapter IV: Anomaly

Mary sat on the floor of a large open room. Colorful plastic toys were scattered around her, and several metallic gates were set up at the various exits of the room. The young doctor picked up one of the toys and shook it gently producing a series of musical notes.

As her mind was now in one of it’s moments of clarity and normalcy she was completely bored. Looking around the room she saw several metallic spheres in the top corners of the room, she figured that they were surveillance devices of some sort. In an effort to disguise her resistance to the alien creature within her she was now constantly battling against, Mary got on all fours and crawled across the floor of the large room to get a better look at the gates in the doorways of the room.

The gates were about seven feet high, which proved to be daunting to get past, but the cross hatching of the gate was large enough that Mary thought she might be able to get over it with some climbing. As she was sizing up her metal hurtle Mary’s mind began to slip again, she suddenly felt the need to put something in her mouth, her big toe seemed as good a thing as any to her and she flopped onto her back and hoisted her foot to her mouth and sucked on her toe. As she was savoring the sensation of her delicious toe she felt a slight cramp in her stomach, the feeling went away shortly after it appeared and her bottom was again accompanied by a warm sticky visitor.

The gate on the far side of the room slid down into the floor and the creature masquerading as her mother walked in. She smiled down at Mary as she approached and used her abilities to levitate Mary off the floor and up into her arms. She hugged the young woman to her chest and carried her back out of the room. Mary snuggle into her mother and began sucking her thumb as the woman gently patted her behind as she carried her back to the nursery room for a change and a nap.

,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø ,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤ºº°º¤ø,¸¸,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,

Stan kept a watchful eye on Michael and Melanie as the two slept. The trio had taken refuge in a department store on the fifth floor in the bedroom department. Melanie and Michael despite all they’d been through in recent hours fell asleep as soon as their heads came to rest on the plush pillows of a king sized bed on the sales floor.

Stan made a quick patrol around the surrounding departments. He checked the escalator and the elevator and he made sure that nothing had found it’s way to their position. The gun he’d tossed away was now replaced with a metal bat from the sporting goods department. He wielded the bat with a commanding presence, much like a knight would hold his finest broadsword. As the sole protector of the two newly orphaned children, he knew that he could not afford to allow anything to happen to either of them nor himself, totaled up altogether he felt that he was completely unprepared to carry out the task.

“Anything?” Melanie asked as she walked up behind him.

Stan gasped and whirled around quickly to face her, his heart jack hammering away in his chest from the sudden start. “No, quiet as can be.” he said.

“Sorry if I scared you.” Melanie said as she walked over to a nearby dining room set and took a seat in one of the chairs.

Stan looked around one last time and then joined the teen at the table, setting his bat on the table as quietly as possible. “Couldn’t sleep?” he asked.

Melanie shook her head. “Kept dreaming about my mom.” she told him.

“You guys were pretty close then?” he asked.

The black haired girl shrugged. “We were family. I mean she wasn’t my birth mom, but she did a better job at it.” she explained.

“Were you and your dad close?” Stan asked.

Melanie scoffed. “Me and the Major General? Not likely. He and I never saw eye to eye on things. Truth is, I think he blamed me for my birth mom bailing on us.” she said. “I know it’s a horrible thing to say, but I’m kind of glad he’s dead.” she added after a long pause.

Stan reached across the table and took her hand in his. “For what it’s worth, I’m really sorry that things happened the way they did.” he said.

Melanie took his hand in hers and smiled at him. “Thanks Stan, you’re a pretty cool guy.” she told him. “Do you have any family?” she asked.

Stan shook his head. “Never been married, and kids never happened either.” he said.

Melanie smiled. “Guess you kind of got saddled with kids anyway.” she said.

Stan nodded and smiled back at her. “I guess I did.” he told her.

Mary found herself again in the “playroom”, she was still under the influence of the creature inside her, and as a result was now laying on her back in the middle of the room looking up at the ceiling. The roof of the room was constructed of glass, allowing a breathtaking look at the Heavens. The dark blackness of space spanned as far as Mary could see, the sight was awe inspiring to say the least.

In her current mind set Mary didn’t realize that she was currently on a ship in orbit around the Earth. She didn’t much care about that, she knew that she was happy and cared for, and that’s all that mattered to her.

As Mary relished a warm feeling spreading across the front of her diaper, one of the metallic gates dropped down and footsteps approached the infantile woman.

“You don’t belong here.” the same high pitched voice she’d heard when she first arrived on the ship told her.

Mary rolled into a seated position and saw a figure roughly ten feet in height towering in front of her looking down with pity. The figure was shockingly thin, it wore a tight body suit that had no bulges to aid in the association of gender, it’s deep black skin seemed less shocking in contrast to it’s bright red eyes. At the top of the beings head were three antennae that looked like something found on a snail.

“You must leave here and go back to your planet.” the creature said.

Mary giggled as she began to float off the floor and toward the creature. She watched the being with great interest as she floated toward it. When she got close enough to the being she kicked her legs out and caught the creature in it’s large eyes. The being cried out in shrill tone and staggered backward in pain, causing it’s focus to be broken allowing Mary to fall to the floor.

With her mind back in her control, Mary leapt up and ran through the now opened gate. Her bare feet slapped loudly on the metallic floor of the hallway she ran down as she made her way away from the room and around a corner. The room that she entered had several control panels with several more creatures seated at the terminals.

The three beings in the room turned as they heard Mary run into the room. Mary looked around for something to use as a weapon against the beings, before she could finish her scan she was forced back against the wall by the will of the beings.

“You are not supposed to be here human.” the three beings said in unison.

Mary groaned as she slid up the wall as the beings forced their telepathic will on her body. “Please, I just want to go home.” she pleaded.

The being that Mary had injured in the “playroom” staggered into the room with it’s hand over it’s large eyes. “Let her go.” it told the other three beings.

Mary remained pinned to the wall, her mind was slipping back out of her control like water through a sieve. Her fading coherence caused her to begin crying and struggling against the unpleasant feeling of the beings controlling her body with their minds.

“I said let her go!” the injured creature shouted. Several pipes on the wall were ripped from their stations and catapulted at the other three beings, impaling them each in different parts of their bodies.

Mary dropped from the wall and struck the floor flat on her face and stomach with a cry. The injured being approached the crying young woman and put it’s three fingered hand on her back and willed her to be calm. The effect was instantaneous, and Mary quieted her cries and moved into a seated position with her thumb firmly between her lips.

“Now, let’s get you back where you belong child.” the being said with a smile that showed rows of razor sharp teeth.

Stan carried Michael and led Melanie by the hand out of the department store and into the parking garage. Melanie carried a flashlight and shone it ahead of them as they walked, panning back and forth with it to make sure nothing was lurking amongst the rows of cars.

“Are you sure driving is gonna work?” Melanie asked in a loud whisper.

Stan looked over at her and smiled. “It’s gotta be better than walking, right?” he asked.

Melanie returned his smile and nodded simply before turning her attention back to her lookout. The trio stopped at an SUV and Stan passed the still sleeping Michael to his sister and tried the driver side door, finding it locked Stan gestured for Melanie to back up and he quickly smashed the window with his elbow. The alarm echoed in the parking garage as Stan opened the door and went to work on the wires under the steering column, within seconds the alarm quieted and the car started up.

“I’m impressed.” Melanie said as Stan opened the back door and she set Michael inside and buckled him in before closing the door and climbed in the front passenger seat.

Stan put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking spot, put the car into drive and drove them out of the parking garage. “I wasn’t always a doctor y’know.” he told Melanie with a smile.

The SUV drove down the street outside the department store parking lot, and Melanie and Stan looked at the chaos filled street. Burnt out cars and dead bodies freckled the road, several people were walking and crawling along the way, Stan guided the car around the bodies and the living people that were in their way.

“It’s like some kind of bad dream.” Melanie said as they passed the mangled body of a young boy around Michael’s age laying in the middle of the road. The way the boy was curled into a fetal position it looked to her as if he’d simply gone to sleep in the middle of the road and been run over.

Stan said nothing as he focused on the road and led them to the airfield, but his thoughts were in complete agreement with the young teen.

Mary regained hold on the reigns of her mind as she woke up on a cold floor. She didn’t remember going to sleep, but she somehow felt like she’d been asleep for days. She sat up with a groan and looked around her, she saw that she was somehow back in the hospital. Rising to her feet slowly she was overcome with a lightheaded feeling, she staggered momentarily and then leaned forward and vomited. With the remains of her last meal came the withered creature that Claire had put in her, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and stared at the apparently dead creature on the floor.

“You made a mess.” Claire said in a hoarse whisper from down the hall.

Mary looked up and saw her now infantile minded friend standing naked at the end of the corridor. Mary put a hand to her agape mouth as she saw the various scars and bruises on Claire’s body. “Claire, I can help you.” she finally said as she watched Claire limp toward her, wincing with every pained step.

Claire made her way toward Mary and then she began to sway, her eyes rolled into her head and she fell forward. Mary ran to her and managed to keep her from hitting the linoleum headfirst. As Mary held Claire the naked woman began to shake violently in her arms. The only sound within the hospital were the screams for help from Mary that unfortunately no one was around to hear.

To Be Concluded…

Again, D. Night, a great chapter!! I am sorry to see it end in the next chapter!!

Good stuff!! I’m sad to see it end as well!