Minor accomplishment for myself

I was riding my bike home from an orthodontist appointment and stopped along the way at Rite Aid to buy a pacifier. I was very nonchalant about it, thinking to myself that I’m buying it as a prop for a movie (I’m a filmmaker). I got in, scanned quickly for what I wanted, took a package of gum, and paid for it all. I feared the cashier would ask why I was buying it or just give look of confusion, but she just rang it up as was her job.

So now I’ve got two pacifiers at home. And I feel proud that I did that. It’s not much, but it’s a start. It’s unfortunate how small the nipple is though.

Meh, buying a pacifier is nothing. Try walking into a Krogers where everybody knows you because you -work- there and buy depends. Now that’s a challenge.

…That seems like an easily avoided challenge.

…That seems like an easily avoided challenge.[/quote]

Ehh, true. But considering self checkout and the people there didn’t really know me all that well, nobody really gave me a funny look, and to be honest I just didn’t care what they would’ve thought.

Don’t have a bank account, so ordering online though preferable would have been impossible.

I know. That’s why I labeled it as minor. First thing I’ve accomplished though.

I hope, for your sake, that you have accomplishments in other realms of life to go along with this one!

Oh my gosh! I’m sure he does!

C’mon guys - I’m sure plenty of us could look at this and say, “Hrmph - I’ve been going into the store and buying my own diapers for years!” In fact, considering age, I’m sure I outrank many of you in that - keep in mind that when I started buying diapers, Internet shopping was almost nil. I had been buying diapers in stores for quite a long time before I even got the Internet.

But this is D’s first time buying anything AB for himself. Don’t you remember your first AB acquisition (other than what you may have stolen)? Rather than deriding him, let’s give him some kudos![/quote]

Well, Kudos.

I’ve NEVER bought any abdl products from a store. I had to pretend I was wetting the bed and have my parents do it.

kudos man, it gets easier the more you do it. Heh, you reminded me of this time, i went to my local shop, it was tiny, it use to be a house, and everyone knew everyone, God bless Ireland. and anyway i went to buy a bottle. I was thirteen so most of my pocket money went on movies or video games from the video shop, anyway i went to buy a bottle with swall change. The bottle i think cos 3 pounds and i gave the cashie it all in 20 and 10 penny coins, she gave me a look, so i just said meh i had to get this of the floor of my room. hah i was so stupid, but she said nothing to me and left it at that

Kudos

I remember my first time I didn’t want to get any strange looks so I took my cusin in her pushchair to a local chemest picked up a couple of dummies, some sugarfree lollies and a bottle pretending to myself they were for her paid for them gave her one of the dummies and sucked on one of the lollies, When i got home I hid the rest before any one had chance to find them iIget them out whenever my parents and sister dissappear for a weekend… still haven’t got the courage to buy daipers in store, have to get them online, allthough the prices after P&P are cheaper from the supermarket and I have to be really careful about when I get a delivery.

Not a bad idea now if only I could get to ASDA at that time of night by bus without my parents noticing I’m gone … hmmm…. I’ll find a way.

Dolphin, why don’t you tell him the results of your 2AM trip?

Oh god, this is going to be funny :slight_smile:

mega-giggles

OMG, I had forgotten about that, Val!!

It wasn’t such bad advice!

You know, you really should be more careful about the type of advice you take and who you are getting it from.[/quote]
Yes and about 30 other factors about where I live … it’s not actually possible for me to do it or I would have tried it or atleast allready thought about it … the system I’ve got at the moment works (unless my parents want me to tidy my room) so why change it … well unless I can lock the box they’re hidden in … hmmmm … nah … can’t be bothered :slight_smile: too tired and drunk … yawn … ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……………………