Oh God No

First off, hello. I haven’t been around in probably 18 months or so. Secondly:

I got this message in my junk inbox last night. It seems some weeds just don’t die-

Hello to all of you old Yobrepaid members. As some of you may or may not have known, the Yobrepaid website was lost due to a malicious act on the part of our chief web designer. Yet we are not going to let that set back stop us. last year the ownership of Yobrepaid was sold to me (that site which must not be name). For now, until we can get a new web designer, the site will be hosted on the Google Groups. I hope all our old members will return. You can either click the link in the email and go directly or just use the old domain name http://yobrepaid.com or http://www.yobrepaid.com you would be taken directly straight to the group. In order to join, you will need to have a GOOGLE account, if you already have one, just sign up for the group and then if you go through the options and read slowly, it lets you chose your own member display name for this group only so that you don’t have to show your google name you use currently. You can even set up a different picture for this group as your avatar picture.

JD

:-\

Re: Oh God No

Fuck. Won’t this site die already?

Acknowledging it won’t really help.

I suppose if you want to KILL IT WITH FIRE! then you could repost the OP on /b/ or something. That sort of ‘Internet matador’ thing usually doesn’t turn out well, though…

Give it to Anonymous along with a backstory. Let them have their way with him…

Wow… I had forgotten about that site… had plum moved on and forgotten about that place and all. WOW. Amazing what comes back from the death online.

BabyChris121675

In my experience, there are a number of sites which can’t be named.

I have my suspicions, but which one is this again?
Can’t be assed to click on it.

You literally can’t post the name. It will be filtered automatically.

I’m kind of lost. I have no idea what this site is people are talking about O.o

If memory serves this site was a spin-off an infamous site which I will not name nor do I care to upset my stomach as I am already not feeling good from something from some stupid mosquito.

BabyChris121675

I know that it’s a spinoff site, I gathered that much from this thread on my own. But…okay.

Sorry for not censoring it originally. I haven’t been around in a while.

You didn’t do anything wrong :slight_smile: It should have been automatically filtered by the board. I just fixed the filter.

As I said above, you couldn’t post it if you wanted to. most of the methods used to bypass the filter are taken into account and some of them will prevent the post submitting. You can thank a jackass spammer for that.

Oh God. Three things will survive a nuclear war Twinkies, Cockroaches and some asshole who thinks that restarting that site is a wonderful idea.

But it could also be part of an elaborate honey pot operation gather all of those stupid enough to sign on in one place and nuke the site from orbit.

Let me rephrase this… Acknowledging it REALLY won’t help.

I feel like that site is like our Voldemort… calling it ‘the site that must not be named’ doesn’t actually do anything. If it’s such a big deal, someone that hates it should buy the domain and shut it down for good.

I am just checking to see if it will let me post www.deeker.com. No, it didn’t? Well I thought that was the site. When killing it with fire doesn’t work, nuke it from orbit.

The domain is owned and parked. You’d have to buy it off of whomever owns it, along with the one that is currently being used and the others that have popped up and swiftly disappeared.

I normally, don’t post private conversations, but in this case I’ll make an exception.

I really do not believe we ought to have a link from this forum to Deeker, even if it is just to the web archive of it. That site had HIGHLY illegal stories all over it - things we would never allow here.

That is why it is blocked, and with a highly visible and recognizably stupid reason. I would say what I actually think, but I can assure you that if I do, it will also be the last day this site is hosted by me because it would take pissing me off to an very unusual level to get me to rant on that topic.

EDIT: Oh, fixed the filter. You can post the name, but it’ll still block the address itself.

Maybe I was just too naive to recognize it back then, or lucky enough to avoid the material in question, but I don’t recall anything in particular there being actually illegal, just very bad. Was it the content, the people there, or both?

I suppose that I don’t actually want to know precisely what is being talked about… since it’s evidently so appalling

Your guess would be better than mine to be honest. I didn’t want to name names so left out the name of who wrote that quote.

What very little I ever saw of the original site and some of the new site when they tried advertising it here would qualify as “yeah, we should probably investigate this guy” material. There was some creepy ass shit there.