Okay, so here I am again with a new project...

I decided to tackle a trope that I’ve seen done a LOT, but never seen anyone take the effort to actually DO, just use the mechanic, usually via the deus ex machina of technology.

Setting: Mid-80’s, small town South Carolina.
Premise: 18-year-old girl, studying psychology in community college, gets the idea to try to use unconscious suggestion via sleep hypnosis (at that point in time a VERY new concept) to regress her bratty 9-year-old sister a little, with the goal of regaining the relationship they once had when the girl was 4, 5, 6 and not a mouthy tweenie. She goes too far, and bad things happen first for the sister, then later for her as her little plan unravels…

Now, I already have the first 6K words (4 chapters at this juncture) written along with a bunch of scenes for later on in the story. Originally I was going to just write this front-to-back and then post it, but I kinda feel a bit guilty just dropping “Initiation” due to the disappearance of the person who hired me to write it, and folks have been expressing concern about “Panda” which, admittedly, is way in the back of my mind right now because I just haven’t been able to move past this one block on it (which is why I’m writing all this other stuff in the first place).

Still, I’m worried about getting derailed on this one too and leaving yet ANOTHER unfinished piece out there. What do you think?

Re: Okay, so here I am again with a new project…

Post what you have. I’d rather have 6 chapters of a good story then 40 chapters of a bad one. The tendency for self reflection on this board is great but I think it always lends itself to the authors around here being far to critical regarding their own work.

I’m intrigued, and I’d read it. You have a good record for not abandoning things permanently. Plus it sounds like you’ve written enough that the idea is somewhat filled-in. So post it.

Besides, teasing us with a new story like that and not posting it is kind of cruel :).

Okay, you kinda got me there.

it sounds like a good story :slight_smile: im looking forward to reading the complete story!

It’s in the Member Stories section right now under “The Wannabe Hypnotist”. 49 chapters deep… :wink: