Old Pacifier of Mine

I have an old pacifier that I’d love to get replaced because it’s my favorite and it’s kind of deteriorating after owning it for 8 years (I clean it, but there’s only so much I can do after this long). Plus, the happy face has completely faded.

Anyway, what I was wondering is if anyone happens to know the specific brand of pacifier that this is, so I could get a replacement. PacifiersRus offers a service to send in a pacifier shield and have it equipped with one of their adult nipples, so it honestly doesn’t matter where this one comes from or what size nipple it has.

The main reason I love it so much is because of just how big it is on me. It’s 2.5 inches at it’s longest and I feel self conscious having a smaller pacifier in my mouth that doesn’t quite cover my entire mouth. I also dislike transparent pacifiers for this reason.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Re: Old Pacifier of Mine

I’m going to guess it’s a Philips Avent 6-18mo pacifier. If it’s not, one of those might fill your needs anyway.

Here’s my reasoning: ADISC has an article about common kinds of pacifiers, including features and sizing: Guide to Pacifiers | ADISC.org - The AB/DL/IC Support Community

Out of the five major brands they give details for, the Avent ones resemble yours most in handle shape, and they come in a larger size. You can buy the 6-18mo size directly from Philips: Buy 6 18 months soothers Online | Philips Shop

This product page has a photo of one of them in use, for scale: http://www.philips-store.com/store/catalog/soothers/6-18-months/avent-soothers-6-18m-night-time-pacifiers/productdetail/SCF176_22_US_SHOPPUB/US/en?active_tab=photos&view=photo#productDetailtabs

The product pages also list specifications, including size, but I think the size they give (10.5 cm, about 4 inches) seems really big and may be just for the packaging/box, not the pacifier itself.

If this isn’t it, then good luck on your search. :slight_smile:

Re: Old Pacifier of Mine

Unfortunately, none of those in the phillips website are butterfly wing shaped and I didn’t see the one I have in the guide to pacifiers. Thank you though.