One Question, comic adaptations of your stories

I have often wanted comic versions of the stories that I have read here so many times, I mean come on! It’s just perfect! And the fact that there’s no comic adaptations is just crimnial! Wouldn’t you agree?

Re: One Question, comic adaptations of your stories

Comics are work. You not only have to have a complete story line, you then have to draw all the pictures. And one picture doesn’t take the story very far, either.

If you want a comic adaptation for your own story, do it. If you want one for someone else’s, the ask if you may do so. I doubt you’ll be rejected.

[QUOTE=Ally;70799]Comics are work. You not only have to have a complete story line, you then have to draw all the pictures. And one picture doesn’t take the story very far, either.

If you want a comic adaptation for your own story, do it. If you want one for someone else’s, the ask if you may do so. I doubt you’ll be rejected.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, by all means, if someone wanted to do a comic based on one of my pieces, I’d be honored. That’s a HELL of a lot of work, and it’s a skill I’ve never been able to master.

Comics take a somewhat different set of skills than writing does. Both (along with plays and movies, etc) have the general elements of story telling involved, but they’re also different. Comic creation includes drawing skills, panel lay out, etc. More time/attention/ work must be paid to scenery and character design. Even the way the characters thoughts are conveyed. Written works let you get deeper and spend more time in characters’ heads whereas comics you only get inside a character’s thoughts. You don’t get as much space for internalization.

Anyway, all those differences and different skill sets required for each could possibly be why there isn’t as much of an overlap between writers and comic artists. That being said, if anyone wanted to do a comic of one of my stories, I’d be over the moon.

I know there’s at least one story here with a comic adaptation. In that case, the author made it herself and I’m not sure if it was ever finished.

I’ve always wondered what someone would do with my Sakura stories.

Wouldn’t even have to be a full comic. An illustrated story would be most wonderful.

This topic was automatically closed 1095 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.