Snuggles and Tears Chapter 29

Hi folks,

This is also short, but it prepares for what’s coming next.

I will be working on chapter 30 over the weekend. That one needs to be long so It may not get posted until sunday. It depends on how long it takes me to type it out.

Hope you enjoy this,

BabyButt

Chapter 29

Sharon woke suddenly. She hadn’t meant to sleep, not wanting to miss a moment with her little boy in case the unthinkable happened. Looking at the clock, she noticed it was six twenty in the morning. Then it occurred to her why she had woken up. Her little boy was nursing at her breast. He was sucking much harder now though. Looking at the bag, she saw it was empty. “Poor baby, he’s probably been nursing for a while, he’s probably starving.” she thought.

Reaching over, she took a can of Pediasure off the bedside table and opened it. Emptying the contents in the bag, she watched as the fluid slowly, and in rhythm with Billy’s sucking, made it’s way down the tube.

She felt his diaper and noticed he was very wet. “I wonder why he didn’t cry in the night? Someone must have fed him.” she thought.

As if the thought called to her, Terry came into the room offering a smile and “Good morning, how’d you sleep Hon?”.

“Fine.” Sharon replied.

“Good. Rick gave him some juice at about midnight, and I fed him a couple of bottles of formula between then and now.” she explained.

“I was wondering why he was so wet.”.

“Yeah, they do tend to wet more when their on the steroids. But you ain’t seen nothin’ yet Hon. Wait until he starts coming off them, you’ll be changing him every hour.” Terry said with a chuckle.

“That bad?” Sharon asked.

“Yeah, the medicine make his body retain water. Once the medicine starts to leave his system, the water leaves as well. If you didn’t notice, his cheeks are a bit chubbier now, that’s the fluid retention.” she explained. “Is he nursing pretty well?” she asked.

“Oh yeah. In fact, that’s what woke me up, he was sucking really hard. Poor baby was sucking air.”.

“Awww, he’ll probably need a good burp then with all that air in his tummy.”

"You’re right, he probably will."Sharon said. For a moment she thought that would be a little awkward. After a moment though, "what are you concerned about, he’s nursing at your breast and you’re worried about burping him?"she silently told herself. “I feel bad, I didn’t mean to go to sleep. Was everything alright?” she asked.

“Oh, he had a small incident of irregular heart rate, but it straightened itself out. We didn’t have to do anything at all. With any luck, the regression has leveled off.” Terry told her.

“I hope so.” Sharon told her with a concerned look. “Have you seen Rick?”.

“He’s still sleeping. He laid Billy back down at about two I think, then headed back to bed.” she told her.

Sharon was surprised she hadn’t woken up when Rick came in the room.

“You gonna be nursing him for a while?” Terry asked her.

“Until the bag is empty at least.” Sharon answered.

“That’s not what I meant.” Terry said with a smile.

“Oh. Yeah, I think so. It seems to calm him.” She said and then blushed. “It calms me too.” she added looking down.

“Hey Sweety, you nurse him as long as you and he are happy. The reason I asked though, is that you need to alternate nipples. If you don’t you’re going to have two problems. One, that nipple is going to get really sore, and Two, you’re going to end up with more milk in one breast than the other.” Terry explained.

Sharon looked at her as if she had sprouted two more eyeballs. “Milk?” she asked in disbelief.

Smiling, Terry said “Yes, milk. If you allow a baby to nurse on your breast, eventually it will stimulate milk production. It’s normal. Especially if your child nurses as often as he does.” she said gesturing toward Billy.

The thought was both scary and exciting. Sharon remembered wishing she could provide what Billy needed from her body, and now she was being told that it may be possible. How in the world would she explain this to anyone other than her mom or her husband though. They would think she was crazy for wanting to breastfeed a child Billy’s age, no matter what his condition.

As if reading her thoughts, Terry leaned close and looked directly into her eyes and said “Fuck 'em.” with a snicker.

The words were so unexpected, and so startling that Sharon burst out laughing. They shared a long laugh over that one. When she stopped to think about it though, Terry was right. To hell with what others thought about what was best for Billy. If his doctor and his nurses and most importantly, his Mommy and Daddy thought that this was the best way for him to get what he needed, then in Terry’s words, “Fuck 'em.”.

Looking at Terry as she wiped the tears from her eyes from laughing so hard, she said “Thank you.” with a smile.

Terry smiled back and replied “Honey, remember this, you do what your heart tells you is right. If the neighbors or the other folks at the park, or the mall have a problem with it, you just remember my advice. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t go running around half naked or anything, but as long as you’re discreet, do what feels right.” she finished. After a second she added “If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them Billy has dysgammaglobulinemia, It means he has a deficiency that can only be treated with breast milk.” with a wink.

“You are so bad.” Sharon told her.

“I know, Honey, I know.” Terry said with a grin. Then quipped “But it feels so good. I’ve got to go give report to April, I will stop by before I leave. You need anything, you just holler.” she said.

“Thanks, I will.”

About forty minutes later, Billy had finished the formula in the bag and was looking very sleepy. Sharon picked him up and held him against her, one knee on either side of her, and patted him firmly on the back as he lay with his head on her shoulder. After three or four pats, Billy let out an earth shattering burp.

“My goodness!” Sharon exclaimed. “You had lots of piggies in your tummy, didn’t you Baby.” she told him sweetly. After two more burps, she laid him back down and gave him his binky to see if that would hold him until after she had a chance to get a quick shower.

Taking him to the crib, she quickly had him in a dry diaper and curled up, snuggling his Pooh Bear, nursing his binky. After patting his diaper for a short while, he was sound asleep.

April came in then and quietly asked “How my Baby this morning?” with a smile.

“You’re gonna have to fight me for him.” Sharon said with a laugh.

“Darn, I lose another one.” She said with a chuckle.

“He’s fine from what I can see.” Sharon told her.

"Yeah, Terry said he had some arrythmias last night, but they corrected themselves. I think he’s through the worst of it now.

“I hope so. Hey, I really need a shower, any way I can get a towel?” Sharon asked.

“Sure, I’ll be right back.” April said and left the room.

Sharon quietly raised the side on the crib, not wanting to wake Billy.

3 Likes

Good chapter :slight_smile:

Nice bridging chapter. And a good break from all the emotion of the last few chapters.

Wow not a crying chapter, but still a great one!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

BB, this was a very nice chapter(didn’t need the box of tissues) & I can’t wait to see what you bring us next!! Keep up the good work you are doing on this story!!

OMG your going to give the poor boy a heart attack aint ya

Thanks Folks!

I will start working on 30 tonight.

Someguy, no fair trying to cheat!!! :smiley:

Thanks,

BabyButt