So long and thanks for all the fish.

If you are reading this message then @Danni was unable to complete her announcement and Clawdeen (one of the IRC bots) has posted this pre-written message instead.

As of today I am no longer involved in running things here in any capacity. I have been admitted to hospice care as my health has finally deteriated to the point that it’s not a matter of if I will die in the next 6 months, it’s a matter of when. My left kidney has completely failed and my right one won’t last much longer. Due to previous surgeries I had to have to remove infections from my chest and right shoulder I am unable to have a transplant
so… yeah.

Please be aware that the coming days are going to be extremelydifficult on Danni, her fiance, and their adopted daughter. As much as I know some of you would love to take advantage of the situation I am telling you outright not to, you will not like the response you get.

@Anthony will be temporarily assisting the moderators with maintaining law and order on the forums. He will be strictly acting to arbitrate arguments between the moderators in addition to his regular duties as our attorney.

If you have questions, please post them here or send them to @Danni via PM directly.

A personal message from me that would have been posted anyway

I owe Danni an apology. I forced her to keep silent about just how bad my health has been the last few months and the stress was starting to get to her as I’m sure some of you noticed.

@moderators, I know the coming days may be particularly trying for you as there are some people who are very likely to push your buttons now. If they do, don’t be afraid to use the silence button. Danni wants to change how some things work around here and quite frankly, that’s a good thing. There’s too much legacy shit still in effect around here it’s time to toss it to the curb. You shouldn’t be dealing with the garbage that Clawdia and myself kept and dealt with because neither of us wanted to mess with things more than necessary.

You have a chance to change things for the better. Take advantage of it, please. Don’t waste this chance.

1 Like

You will be missed my friend. Sorely missed. I have to ask is it kidney failure or something worse

1 Like

She actually answered that in the first paragraph. :slight_smile:

She actually pre-wrote this when the left one failed back in December. At that time her right one was still able to do it’s job with the help of the dialysis machines, but now even with them increasing her session length to the maximum they can safely do, the right one just can’t do the job any more.

1 Like

These sorts of announcements are always so heartbreaking to me. I’m so sorry that things are happening how they are. This world is so harsh and cruel to so many who don’t deserve it.

2 Likes