ABDL Story Forum

Story Size

Hi everyone, and Kitty… It’s been a long time since I was here last… so hello again and my question. I’d like to post a story. It’s about 52 pages. 99.5K Can it be posted as a single post or in parts and if parts should it be by pages or size? Hope everyone is doing well and ready for Christmas…

Hugs
Mary Beth

I don’t think we have any set rules about story length, so I guess the decision rests in your hands. If you’re finished writing but are still editing, you might want to divide the text up (in case you find out you want to change something that has a cascading effect on the rest of the story.)

I suspect it’ll be easier to post in multiple parts. Rather than worry about pages or size, find appropriate break points in the story - between two scenes, or just after you’ve introduced a point of tension (especially if you decide to post it 5-10 pages every 2-3 days to give people that ‘serialisation’ feel).

I look forward to reading it :slight_smile:

If I recall, there aren’t any technical limits that should prevent a post of that size. But I have heard of certain ISPs having issues with dropping the connection before the post is fully uploaded.(or at least, something to that effect) In short, you may encounter problems such as part of the post missing. At nearly 100k words, I’d recommend chopping it up at least a few times. Surely there are some chapters in there, right?

Thank you Gummybear. I do visit sites that have very rigid restrictions and wanted to make sure…

Hugs
Mary Beth

I hope you enjoy it.

Hugs
Mary Beth

Damn, Chapters? That means I’ve got to have sentences! Do you know how hard it is to break up a 50,000 word sentence?

Hugs
Mary Beth

Probably a lot easier than writing a coherent 50,000 word sentence. :smiley:

Commas :slight_smile:

Don’t forget semicolons, hyphens and ellipses. :wink:

And em dashes.