Superheroes?

Have You ever noticed the “underwear” Superheroes wear over their pants? Its really weird huh? Do You think they should be put in diapers? And who? I honestly think Superman (Cartoon), Batman (Cartoon) and The Guyver (If You guys ever heard of it) should be put in em. Hahaha

Re: Superheroes?

Unfortunately I’m in a disagreement here, I would never want to see a superhero, super villain (save for Dr. Diaper from the captain underpants series), or comic book character in diapers.

Sorry…but that’s lame to me.

This really doesn’t merit a thread, does it?

Not really but might as well humor a new member, make them feel welcome and all.

Diapers in most cases are a symbol of dependence… and a superhero is someone that must be independent (so that others can depend on him). So diapers + superhero = not a good combo.

that argument suggests that if a person does not need diapers, they also do not need a toilet (another, similar form of dependence). A superhero can’t just stop a fight to go to the bathroom, and in this case, a diaper would actually be liberating instead of being a form of dependence.

Perhaps he ought to have said ‘helplessness’ rather than ‘dependence’, but the general point stands.

I suppose it depends how you symbolize the diaper. The way I see it, if you can use the toilet… then you are able to control your own body and are therefore independent. But if you can’t control your body, you must depend on the diaper to prevent accidents. I suppose technically one would depend on the toilet to eventually release themselves, but that’s like saying that breathing air makes you a dependent person.

No, it’s like saying breathing air makes you dependent on air (as opposed to being a dependent person), and it is in fact a true statement.

However, dependency is not always a requirement. I can depend on something else and still not be required to have it (I can depend on an automobile to drive me from place to place but it is not a requirement, I can still walk, jog, ride a bike and what have you).

If you view a diaper as a sort of contingency rather than a necessity, then it is not necessarily a negative, like if a parent puts their children in goodnights at an amusement park so they don’t wet their pants while waiting in an extremely long line for a ride. In the same regard, a superhero with a diaper would allow them to focus more on their superhero-like duties as opposed to taking off their ridiculously hard to remove costumes, regardless of whether or not they have the ability to control their bladder/bowel.

Now yes, I see the point that it can be viewed as a form of weakness but considering the utter tackiness of the costumes they wear, I highly doubt embarrassment from diapers would be a problem. Hell, superman’s costume is a baby blanket from when he was an infant.

I’ve exhausted my sophistry resources for one day.

Thank God.

That wasn’t exactly my point. ALTHOUGH it was supposed to be a joke. What I was saying is, don’t You agree their “underwear” kind of looks like diapers? And thought it would be funny if they were forced into diapers by the villian(s).

What I was saying is, don’t You agree their “underwear” kind of looks like diapers?

No.

And thought it would be funny if they were forced into diapers by the villian(s).

This has happened. Wasn’t really funny, just kinda gay.

I would say the whole ‘forced’ thing very rarely works, in fact.

I never really understand why the put the underwear over their pants to begin with. I know it’s not really underwear(with the exception of quailman ahah) - Although, I did used to wrap a towel around my neck and put my batman underwear on over my pants. What kid didn’t?

I don’t want to imagine superman or any superhero wearing a diaper actually. Welcome though.

Sorta makes me wonder how Aquaman would look in Little Swimmers…