It’s obvious there are many lurkers who never take the time to register here. I’d like to encourage registering for several reasons.
- There are several boards you can’t see until you become a member here, so you don’t get the full experience as a lurker.
- There are special clubs that you can’t get into unless you become a member. There ir one for Little Girls, one for Religion, and one for Video Games. You need to have an account to join the usergroups that enable access to these forums.
- You can’t post unless you are a member. This is important in several ways. First, a forum can’t make it without posters, and second, you can let writers know you liked their work (or suggest something to them). Those of us who write would love to hear from all our readers, and it doesn’t cost anything but a minute of your time to let us know you liked it or not.
- You don’t get to make suggestions for the forum unless you are registered. Why would we want to listen to suggestions from someone who won’t even take the time to be slightly active here?
- You cannot participate in our contest. While the forums for older contests are viewable, new contests will be restricted to members only.
- By registering you can subscribe to topics and get a notification when your favorite stories are updated. You can also subscribe to the story forums and get daily or weekly summary of new stories that are posted.
Please remember however that if you register with a fake email address, or you register and you don’t follow the link verify your email, you WILL NOT become a full member. Accounts that are not validated are severely restricted and will be deleted after 30 days.
Your account will also be deleted if your account is still at trust level 0 and has not been used to post at least once in the past 180 days.