The Secret Tree House 2 Chapter 10

Chapter 10 ( I Need a Hero!!!)

“Bennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! Door is for yooooooooouuuuuu!!!” Holly shouted from down stairs.

Ben walked down to the front door and saw Brinley standing there alone. “Can we talk?” Brinley asked hopefully.

Ben looked around and didn’t see anyone else. “Yeah walk around the house I’ll meet you on the back porch.” Ben said as he shut the door and headed through the house.

Ben listened patiently as Brinley told him the story about how Ian had gotten into her house and taken pictures and how he had met them on the way to The Soda Stop and told them that if Ben didn’t show up at the park at 7:00 that evening that he would give the pictures to Taylor Jennings who would show them to everyone. Ben waited patiently for Brinley to finish her story but about half way through he already knew what he was going to say.

“Listen Brinley I’m really sorry about him going into your house and doing that, the guy is a total jerk, and on top of that I bad for you because you don’t actually choose to wear diapers, you have to because of something that is beyond your control, but you have to realize that there is no way I can get that phone back for you. He will pound me into the ground and that Taylor girl is still gonna get the photos of you.” Ben said.

Brinley started to cry as she heard Ben’s response.

“Brinley I can’t win, I can’t beat him up, he’s huge compared to me, I’m sorry you are crying, but I will just get my face pounded and you’ll be in the same situation you were anyways what is the sense in that?” He asked.

“There might be a way, for us to get the pictures back if you go.” Brinley said as her eyes filled with a fresh batch of tears.

" How is that?" Ben asked skeptically.

“Savanna said she might be able to buy them from Ian, but there is no way that he is going to sell them to her unless he gets to beat up on you first.” Brinley said as she burst out crying again.

“Oooooooooooooohhh so if I go and get my face beat to oblivion Ian might just be in a good enough mood that he will sell you the pictures back and everyone goes home happy right?” he asked.

Brinley stared at the ground though and just cried harder. “Oh wait, not everyone, the guy who gets his butt kicked, he doesn’t go home happy at all, cuz he’s probably headed to the ER!!!” Ben said almost yelling.

Brinley just continued to cry. Ben took a couple of deep breaths. “Sorry for yelling, I don’t want to add any more sorrow than you are already dealing with. Let me ask you this though, do you really want me to come and get my face punched in so you can maybe buy back pictures that he more than likely has made copies of?” Ben asked as he softened his tone.

Brinley looked up at him with tears in her eyes and shook her head no.

“I didn’t think you would.” He said looking down at the ground.

Ben and Brinley parted ways after that for the rest of the afternoon. Brinley spent most of the time lying on her bed crying wondering how her life could be such a roller coaster. There had been many times in the past couple of years that she had been very sad or very hurt, but at the end of the day Abbie was always there for her. She had been more than just a best friend, as Brinley had told her several times, Abbie was her hero, and now she was gone over a thousand miles away.

Lately when she suffered extreme hurt no one was able to help her. Gabriella and Savanna were good enough friends, but they did not replace Abbie, they had their own special bond with one another, one like Abbie and her once had. Brinley had nowhere to turn now, and the pain inside was overwhelming. She felt as though it started deep inside and just radiated outward from there. It was one of the worst feelings in the world to hurt, but to hurt and be alone was almost unbearable.

She wondered if she would be able to take life with the whole world knowing she wet her bed and wore diapers. This time Abbie would not come to save her. Maybe the pain wasn’t worth it. She had always wondered how anyone could ever end their own life. Now it seemed like it finally was starting to make a little bit of sense. She tried to dismiss the thoughts, but Abbie had left, she was losing her mother completely, and now the world was going to know the secret she had dreaded anyone every finding out. What would be left to go on for she wondered?

Brinley walked over and picked up her diary. She only wrote in it when she was deeply depressed. The last time she had written in it was when her mother had given her the choice between diapers or Aunt Kim’s for spring break. She opened it up and was surprised when a note fell out of it.

Dear Brinley,

I know you only write in this when you are really depressed. So I’m guessing you are going through something right now. I want you to know that even though I’m a really long ways away that I still love you so much. Whatever your trouble is probably seems overwhelming. I promise you though, nothing is bigger than what you can handle. Do you remember the first time you came to my house and you wet the bed in your sleeping bag and it got all over my carpet? You were so scared to tell me, but you got through it. You’ve got to have the same courage with whatever you are facing right now. There are good people in this world just like you and me. Sometimes you’ll run across them, and sometimes you won’t, but it doesn’t mean that you ever give up trying. Be strong with whatever you are facing, even if it means facing some of those people who are not nice. Think of it this way, what if you had never wet the bed at my house? You never would have known that you could trust me with your deepest secret and our friendship never would have been as deep as it is now. Sometimes bad things happen, so that we can find good things on the other side. I love you girl! Don’t give up! Good things are always around the corner, you’ve just got to get through life’s turns to find them!

Your Best Friend Forever,
Abbie

Brinley held the note to her chest as she lay down on her bed and cried more. Abbie always could say the right things even if she was a thousand miles away. Brinley just questioned whether what Abbie said would actually come true or not.

Ben mean while lay on his bed trying to make sense of the past couple of days. He felt like the weight of the world was on his shoulders and he felt like he was holding it all on his own. He felt terrible about what had happened to Brinley, and even more so about what was soon to happen, yet what could he do?

Those other boys were twice his size and he had already helped Brinley once, wasn’t that enough? Why didn’t someone else who could do more step up and help the poor girl? How could people sit around and watch her suffer and do nothing about it? Why was it up to him, a small skinny new kid who had a perfect life a couple of weeks ago, to now have to go and shoulder the heavy burden of pain that his even more helpless next door neighbor was experiencing?

If he was supposed to be such a hero why was he so small, and so weak? “Much is required from those to who much is given.” His dad always told him. So why was so much being required of him when he had been given so little? It wasn’t fair to expect him to be someone great when he had certainly been made below average.

Re: The Secret Tree House 2 Chapter 10

Nice chapter. I’m glad Abbie was able to make an appearance, even if only in spirit. Like Brinley, I missed her!

I always like it when characters have to debate tough decisions with themselves. People who jump right into things are not typically interesting.

that I bad for you

It should be feel bad. Minor typo, I guess.

to who much is given

It should be whom. If it follows “to”, it’s “whom”.

Another fantastic chapter. Ben has a very tough decision to make but I feel as though that even though he hardly knows Brinley he will come through for her.

It was also good to see that Abbie was able to provide some additional support that at this time is so needed.

Loving the story, Keep it coming.