Time To Pay The Piper Chapter 22 (end of Part One)

Hi Folks,

I apologize for this taking so long to get done.

Hope you like it,

Enjoy!!!

BabyButt

Chapter 22

As she lay nursing, Abby felt so good. She had no idea what she’d done to deserve all that she had been given recently, but was extremely grateful. As she thought about everything that had happened, her mind focused on last night. Not understanding, she looked to Nanny and asked “Nanny? Why…”

“Sleep Abby girl.” Karen quickly said, interrupting her.

Adela looked up at Karen with a surprised expression. “Why did you do that?” she asked.

“Because she called you Nanny.” Karen answered.

“I expected that to happen a few times before it becomes habit for her to call me Mommy.” Adela said. She had to admit, she certainly liked the sound of it when Abby called her that.

Karen began shaking her head as she said “You don’t understand Adela. She has a compulsion to call you Nanny, just like she does to call Charles Daddy.”

“Well, how did she manage to call me Mommy so many times then?” Adela asked.

Without answering, Karen said “Abby, I want you to call Adela’s name.”

Abby said “Nanny.”

“Did you say it right Abby?” she asked.

“No.” Abby answered.

“I want you to try as hard as you can Abby to say it right this time. Say Adela’s name Abby.” Karen told her.

Immediately there was tension on Abby face. It looked as if she were trying to lift a thousand pounds, the effort was so great. After a moment, she said “Nanny.” releasing the effort.

“Sound asleep Abby girl.” Karen said.

Adela felt Abby completely relax in her lap. She pulled her a little closer to make sure she didn’t fall.

“The compulsion is still there, and still very strong. Don’t worry, she can’t hear you now.” Karen explained.

“Well how in the world did she manage to call me Mommy then?” Adela asked perplexed.

“The need had to be monumental for her to get past the compulsion. And considering the sheer number of times she did it, it meant a great deal to her.” Karen told her.

That made Adela smile. To think it was that important to Abby to call her Mommy, it made her even more certain she’d done the right thing by adopting this beautiful child.

“Sleep Abby girl.” Karen said again, and Adela felt her posture change slightly. “From this point forward, you will no longer call Adela Nanny. You will call her Mommy. Do you understand?” she asked Abby.

“Yeth.” Abby answered around her binky.

“What is Adela’s name Abby?” Karen asked.

“Mommy.” Abby answered and smiled a small smile. This made everyone smile.

“When you wake up Abby, you will ask Adela the same question you asked last, with no memory of having started to ask it before. Understand?” Karen explained.

“Yeth.” Abby answered.

Karen took a moment to reinforce the suggestion several times and then woke Abby up. As soon as Abby’s eyes opened, she looked at Mommy and asked “Mommy, why wan’ me?” with a perplexed expression.

Adela smiled and said “Because I love you Baby.” with a gentle kiss to her forehead as she offered Abby her bottle.

Abby, with a furrowed brow, replied “No Mommy, I wath bad. Phone.” looking down at the floor.

Now Adela understood that Abby wanted to know how in the world she could want to be Abby’s mommy if she had been bad. It surprised her just how convinced she was that she had no value. “Sweety, what you did was bad, not who you are. You made a bad choice and what happened?” she asked.

“Thpankin’.” Abby said solemnly.

“Yes. I gave you a spanking. It didn’t feel good did it Baby?” she asked.

“No Mommy, owwie.” Abby answered sincerely.

“I know. I spanked you to teach you Baby, because I love you. I want you to learn to do the right things.” she explained. When she thought about it, she saw that she hadn’t really answered her question. “Sweety, making bad choices doesn’t make you a bad person, it gets you a spanking. I want you because you are such a wonderful person.”

Abby’s eyes teared and she smiled when she heard Mommy tell her she wanted her. That sounded so foreign, and yet so wonderful. She hugged Mommy tightly and said “I wan’ you Mommy!” with a giggle.

“I love you Baby Girl, more than you could ever know.” Adela told her daughter and then added “I’m so glad you wanted me for your Mommy, it would have broken my heart Baby Girl if you had said no.”

Abby smiled around her ba ba when she heard that. She just really couldn’t understand why Mommy loved her so much. Years of mistreatment left deep scars.

Adela held her close as she stood. Rocking her for a moment, she approached the crib and attempted to lay Abby down. “No!” Abby cried loudly as tears instantly formed and she clung tightly to Adela, trembling.

“What’s wrong Baby?” Adela asked, not understanding what had frightened her.

Crying hard now, Abby said “No bye bye Mommy! No bye bye.” as tears ran down both cheeks.

Adela hugged her tightly then. She understood that now that Abby had found a Mommy that loved her, she was terrified that Mommy would leave. “Baby Girl, look at me.” Adela said softly. When Abby didn’t pull back to look her in the eye, she said “Abigail Reins, please look at Mommy.” using her new name in hopes that it would get through to her.

Abby, terrified that she would lose Mommy, pulled back when she heard her name. She couldn’t help but feel joy at hearing it out loud. She decided right then that the old Abby was dead. The new Abby, Abby Reins was a toddler and loved her mommy dearly, and would do everything in her power to be a good girl for Mommy. While she hoped to become a little girl, she didn’t want to rush it. She needed to have time to snuggle with Mommy, to feel the nipple of her ba ba as Mommy held it and enjoy the feel of Mommy’s gentle hand patting her pee pee wet dipey. She needed to be that baby in her memory for a while.

“It’s alright Baby, Mommy just needs to go potty. I’ll be right back, I promise.” Adela told her reassuringly.

The fear was so great she had to ask “No bye bye?” with tears clouding her vision.

“No Baby, Mommy’s never going to leave you, I swear it. No matter if you’re a good Baby Girl or you misbehave, Mommy’s not going anywhere.” Adela told her.

Abby snuggled closer and nursed her ba ba hungrily, closing her eyes, relishing the comfort and security that only Mommy could give her. She had a mommy that loved her very, very much and that love came through in every interaction she had with Mommy.

Karen took that moment to say “Sound asleep Abby girl.” and watched as Abby completely relaxed. Smiling, she noted that Abby still continued to nurse in her sleep. Looking to Adela, she said “I think you’re going to need to be able to put her to sleep when you need to leave her alone. She’s terrified that you’ll leave her. Considering that the first person that she learned to trust died and left her to the mercy of some terrible foster parents, I don’t blame her for being afraid.”

Looking concerned, Adela asked “How am I supposed to put her to sleep?”

“I’ll make some changes that will allow you to used the same phrase I just did and she will go right to sleep for you as she just did for me.” Karen explained. “Please, don’t let her out of your sight for a while unless you use that phrase. Things are fragile for her right now, and I don’t want anything interfering with her growth during this time. She’s made huge strides in the right direction and I would hate to see anything disturb the small sense of security she’s shown so far.”

Talking softly to Abby, Karen took the time to reinforce the phrases that would both put her to sleep and wake her up. While she did so, she had Adela speak the phrases several times so Abby would learn to respond to her voice. When she was done, she told Adela to wake her up.

After saying “Wake up Abby girl.” Adela smiled at her as she lay nursing. Remembering that she needed to use the bathroom, Adela spoke the phrase to put her to sleep and Abby was instantly asleep. She laid her down in her crib and told Charles and Karen “I’ll be right back.” and went into Charles’ bedroom on her way to the bathroom.

Charles looked down at Abby, smiling as she nursed in her sleep. “I don’t think I’ve seen her sleep without nursing since she became aware of what you’d done.” he told Karen.

“That just shows how much she regresses in her sleep. I can assure you that I haven’t given her any suggestions to nurse when she sleeps. Her nursing at night is all her choice. I really think it will be a long time before she puts that bottle or pacifier away at night, if she ever does.” Karen said with a smile.

“I doubt she ever will. She gets too much from it. I also doubt she’ll ever be able to sleep without a diaper after this.” he said with a chuckle.

“I think you’re right. Before, she looked to her thumb, and then her binky for comfort. The bottle seems to be the thing she wants most though. With all of the fluid she drinks in her sleep, she’ll never be able to stay dry at night.” Karen agreed. Looking to Charles, she asked “Are you OK with that?”

“Yes, I asked her to promise me that she would always take a ba ba at bedtime and always leave night night time for the baby girl.” he said with a loving smile at Abby.

“You know, honestly, I felt a bit jealous of Abby when I saw how much you love her; But seeing and hearing you talk of your future together, I can’t think of a better person for her to have fallen for.” Karen said with a smile.

Charles kissed her gently on the cheek and said “Thank you.” with a smile. A second later he added “And thank you for all of your help with her. I know it had to be awkward at times, but you’ve done an incredible job of getting her to see that there are at least two people that love her very much and want her to be happy.”

“You’re welcome.” Karen said earnestly as Adela returned to the nursery.

Adela picked Abby up, spoke the phrase to wake her and held her close, rocking her gently as she held her bottle for her.

Abby couldn’t help it, she needed reassurance so she asked “No bye bye?” with a fearful expression.

Hugging her close, patting her wet bottom in a steady rhythm, Adela said “No bye bye, I promise Baby Girl.” with a tone of finality that seemed to satisfy Abby. “You are such a good baby girl.” she told Abby.

“Yes you are.” Charles added and then said “Because you’re such a good girl, I want to give you a big surprise.”

Abby turned to look at Daddy with curiosity. “What?” she asked.

“Let’s go see Baby.” Charles answered.

“Go to Daddy so he can carry you downstairs Baby.” Adela told her.

Abby looked fearfully at Mommy. She didn’t want to be away from her at all. She had waited forever to get a mommy that would snuggle her and be nice. She couldn’t risk losing Mommy. Tears formed as she said “Mommy do.” in a forlorn voice.

The tears in Abby’s eyes made Adela feel sad for her and feel wonderful at the same time. She hated seeing Abby scared, but she loved knowing that Abby wanted Mommy close. “It’ll be alright Baby Girl, I’ll hold your hand all the way down the stairs.” she told her little girl.

Charles stood smiling as he saw how attached Abby was to Adela now. It was cute to see her not want to let go of Mommy. He couldn’t help feeling a bit of jealousy though. A short time ago, he had been the most important person in her life, now that wasn’t so anymore. When he considered this, he realized it was a good thing. For a time, she needed to be attached to her mommy. It would make her transition easier and perhaps speed up her acceptance of her situation. “It’s OK Baby Girl, I promise.” he told her as he took her from her mommy into his arms, holding her close.

The three made their way down the stairs with Abby holding Mommy’s hand all the way. Once they were in the main hall, Daddy set her down on her feet and took her left hand in his. They walked toward the back door, Daddy on her left, and Mommy on her right.

Abby felt warmth spread across her bottom as she went pee pee in her dipey. The feeling made her smile as she looked up at Mommy. She noticed then that Mommy had what was obviously a dipey bag hanging from her shoulder. The nipple caps of two ba bas could be seen peeking out of the pockets on both ends of the bag. She felt longing for the wonderful sensations that came with Mommy holding her ba ba. Wanting to know what the surprise was, she pushed that feeling aside and looked out through the window of the door as they arrived at the back entrance. It was then that she realized that Daddy and Mommy wanted her to leave the security of the house dressed as she was. Looking down at her wet dipey, she could see the tell tale sign of wetness showing through the white plastic. When she looked back up to Mommy, she had a fearful expression on her face.

Adela smiled at her and said “It’ll be fine Baby Girl, I promise.” with a gentle pat to her wet diaper. She knew that Abby was worried about who would see her diaper.

Abby smiled as Mommy patted her dipey. She took a deep breath and turned her gaze to the door as Daddy opened it. A second later she was led by both hands, toddling along a walkway.

Charles took his time allowing for Abby’s awkward gait. Her swollen diaper was making it a bit more difficult than normal for her to walk. He had to smile as he saw her padded bottom wagging back and forth with a pronounced diaper waddle. When she looked up to him and smiled a cute smile, he had to chuckle saying “I love you Baby Girl.”

Abby had hated that nick name when she first heard it, but seeing the love in Daddy’s eyes as he said it now, she felt loved and wanted. While she knew he wasn’t her real Daddy, it didn’t matter. She felt loved and protected when Daddy was around. Somewhere inside, she never wanted to completely give up her Daddy. She had enjoyed being his little girl at the park and she was enjoying his attention as a baby girl now.

Waddling along, Abby noticed the covered walkway they were following. She saw it looked brand new. As she turned a corner, she giggled wildly and said “Thwing!” and pulled at both Mommy and Daddy’s hands trying to hurry them toward the large swingset she saw up ahead.

“Hold on Baby.” Charles told her. “You can swing in just a little bit.”

Abby couldn’t help it, she started to cry. She hadn’t been able to get outside for days and was so excited to see the swings! “No Daddy!” she cried.

Charles saw the very sad tears and relented. He could show her the rest of the playground later. Picking her up and holding her close, he told Abby “Alright Baby Girl, let’s get you on the swing.”

“Tank you.” Abby said tearfully as she hugged him tightly. She didn’t know why it was so important to her to be able to swing, it just was.

A moment later, Abby was surprised when Daddy lowered her into a baby swing. It had a plastic seat that had a chain running across the front. “No! Wan dat one!” Abby said as she pointed to the swing next to her. She felt her time reset as the blush of embarrassment at sitting in a baby swing came over her.

“No Baby Girl.” Charles told her. “You can sit in that swing when you become a little girl again. For now, you’re a baby girl and babies sit in a baby swing.”

“Pweath Daddy?” she cried.

“No Sweety, if I put you on it you might get hurt, and I’m not going to take that chance Baby.” Charles told her with a kiss to her forehead. Seeing her expression turn to anger, he asked “Do you want me to just take you inside and put you down for a nap Baby Girl?” with a determined tone.

Immediately regretting pushing Daddy, Abby said “No Daddy! I be good!” through her tears.

“Alright Baby Girl, you hold on tight now and Daddy will push you.” he said with a smile.

Abby immediately stopped crying and nursed her binky as Daddy gave her a gentle push. With each push she swung higher and giggled as she reached the top of the arc of her swing. She loved this so much! Daddy was so good at pushing her. Feeling his strong hands each time they sent her back up made her forget about anything but having fun. After twenty minutes of swinging, Abby looked anxiously around until she saw Mommy. She didn’t know why, but she really needed to feel Mommy’s hug. “Mommy?” she asked in a soft pleading voice.

“I’m here Baby, Mommy’s right here.” Adela said, loving the sound of that. She stood from the bench she was sitting on and gave Abby a big hug saying “It’s OK Baby Girl, Babies need hugs all the time and Mommy loves your hugs.”

Abby giggled at hearing that. She did need hugs all the time, she couldn’t help it. The desire for her ba ba came back right then ten times as strong and she said “Ba ba Mommy.” tearfully.

“Alright Sweety, Mommy’s got a ba ba for you.” Adela told her as she picked her up out of the swing and set her on her feet. She led Abby to the bench and pulled her up into her lap, laying Abby down and offering her the nipple of her bottle.

Abby lay in Mommy’s lap nursing contentedly on her ba ba. She felt so loved and cared for at that moment. She just loved it when Mommy fed her a ba ba. “I don’t want to ever give this up.” Abby thought as the warm feelings intensified as she nursed longer. She felt just like a baby girl, the comfort of her ba ba as she nursed it, the thick dipey that made her feel good as Mommy patted it, and the look of utter love that Abby saw in Mommy’s smiling face. “I wub you Mommy.” Abby said, needing desperately to express how she felt to Mommy.

“And I love you Baby.” Adela told her with a loving expression. “I don’t care how much you grow, you will ALWAYS be my baby girl.” she added with a gentle kiss to Abby’s forehead.

Happy tears fell as Abby snuggled closer. She tried at first to stop them, but gave up quickly as she realized that there were no words to express how much she loved Mommy. She continued to cry softly as she smiled at Mommy.

“I know Baby Girl, I know.” was all Adela could say as she began to shed tears of her own. Hugging Abby closer, she rocked gently as she patted her bottom. She thought about changing her diaper, but put it off. “This is snuggle time.” she thought, and kissed her again wanting to show her just how much she loved her.

Later that night, Abby laid snuggled close to Mommy in her bed. As she thought about the day, she said a silent prayer thanking God for giving her this loving Mommy to love. She fell asleep as Mommy gently patted her powdered, thickly padded bottom, thoroughly enjoying her ba ba as she nursed.

This is the end of part one. The next part will show Abby’s transition to a little girl. I truly hope you have enjoyed this attempt at a different style of writing.

Thanks to all that have posted. It helps me to become a better writer and ultimately allows me to give you much better stories to read.

BabyButt

Immediately there was tension on Abby face. It looked as if she were trying to lift a thousand pounds, the effort was so great. After a moment, she said “Nanny.” releasing the effort.

“Well how in the world did she manage to call me Mommy then?” Adela asked perplexed.

BB, this was a great chapter & well worth the wait!! I think I found an error, though!! It is quoted above!!

BB, I can’t wait to see where you take this, in the next part!!

I don’t think it’s an error, Icey. Abby called Adela “Mommy” in a previous chapter, and that’s what Adela was referring to here.

Very nice, BabyButt. I did enjoy this story in spite of my reservations. I look. forward to the continued regrowth of Abby.

This was a really good story. Even though I’ll probably only read the first few and last few chapters of it, I liked it and appreciated the new take on things.

Looking forward to whatever you write next :smiley:

Another great chapter BB. I have not posted to your other chapters or to you other story before now. You have a increadible talent at writting.

I will be waiting for the next part to start. Don’t make us wait to long this time though.

I can’t wait for the next part this story and tears and snuggle to come out.

I agree with BabyIan.

wonderful just wonderful BB

the depths of emotional torment and healing go beyond that of the great scholars.

Please keep up the good work.

I enjoyed this story as well as Snuggles and Tears, awaiting its return as I am sure many of your loyal fans are.

again thank you for the great artistic vantage of your writing.

I believe the period after “Nanny” and then the rest of the sentence is what she was referring to.

Thank you all very, very much for your feedback on the first part of this story. I REALLY appreciate it.

I read Icey’s post the same way Tommy did. The reason I did is that she posted both paragraphs rather than just the one, or the one sentence with the period you refer to.

This brings up something that I’ve been trying to figure out, believe it or not. I know it’s simple grammer, but I can find examples of both in books I have here that show dialogue as a self contained sentence (punctuation included) and also those that show it as part of the whole.

For example:

“I’m not sure.” he said with a chuckle.

or

“I’m not sure,” he said with a chuckle.

I have seen this done both ways. Can anyone tell me which is actually correct?

Thanks,

BabyButt

I’ve only ever seen it with the comma rather than the period, but I can’t say definitively that the period is incorrect.

A good example of the period being used, is David Eddings work. Belgarath the Sorcerer was what I was using as the first example. The last line on Page 305 is a good example.

I don’t have a reference to the other right near me, I would have to look through a few books, but I’m sure I’ve seen it before.

For now, I think I’ll keep doing it as I have been.

Thanks Tommy,

BabyButt

Is that the hardcover or paperback version?

[quote="“Hybrid”"]

I believe the period after “Nanny” and then the rest of the sentence is what she was referring to.[/quote]

No, not the period!! I am referring to Abby saying “Nanny”!! I guess I am reading it wrong, to me it looks as if she should be saying “Mommy” there instead of “Nanny”!! What with the release & all, but I could be wrong on that!!

Hi Folks,

Tommy I was referring to the Paperback version, but there are numerous examples throughout the book. He only uses a comma when he is continuing the conversation after some description outside the quotes. I have been following this example.

“Because she called you Nanny.” Karen answered.

“I expected that to happen a few times before it becomes habit for her to call me Mommy.” Adela said. She had to admit, she certainly liked the sound of it when Abby called her that.

Karen began shaking her head as she said “You don’t understand Adela. She has a compulsion to call you Nanny, just like she does to call Charles Daddy.”

Because Abby has a compulsion to call Adela Nanny, she has no choice. The suggestions she had been given make it VERY difficult for her to call Adela anything else.

We see that Abby managed to get around that compulsion though in the following quote:

“The need had to be monumental for her to get past the compulsion. And considering the sheer number of times she did it, it meant a great deal to her.” Karen told her.

That made Adela smile. To think it was that important to Abby to call her Mommy, it made her even more certain she’d done the right thing by adopting this beautiful child.

Thanks,

BabyButt