Well I just had a terrifying experience.

Ok so basically what happens is I’m feeling a little raunchy tonight so I go to do something a little more fun than just put on a diaper, some pajamas, and have a nice sleep.

I have a grand total of three S&M related items, and these are fairly soft-core to be perfectly honest. I’m not too into the whole being tied up, but a pair of mittens and a pair of locking panties can be fun every once in a while. I can easily get out of them, I can pick the locks with the keys despite having mittens on, and even if I couldn’t do it with my hands I always have my teeth. This is something I practice every once in a while to help give the illusion of feeling “babyish” and lacking any sort of control at the time.

Then things take a shitty awful turn. One of the locks, the lock on the pair of panties, in the frigging back no less that is a bitch to get to, it breaks. You know that circle area on a padlock where the keyhole divides that particular area in two? Yeah, I saw through a mirror that one of the halves was missing. It was fine before but somehow it fucked up somewhere.

I had to pry and pry and pry for four and a half fucking hours to get this off, and it scared the crap out of me that I may actually have to go to my parents for help.

So…yeah, let this be a less to anyone. If you play with padlocks, especially in self bondage, ALWAYS check to make sure they’re actually working right.

Grumble First time I felt like being even the slightest bit kinky in over two months and it goes sour the instant I start getting itchy and want to take the stuff off.

Re: Well I just had a terrifying experience.

Glad you got out and that is pretty funny.

o.O

I’m very tempted to suggest keeping a hacksaw handy for the future. That’s pretty funny on a few levels but also scary too. Me, I tend to freak out if I get stuck in anything much less a locking pair of panties…not that I’ve ever tried a pair before.

I don’t often use them because it’s not an authentic experience to be perfectly honest.

I always have a way out (save for this unfortunate example). Even without a key, I can get out. A pair of tweezers or a paper clip will work the same on these pissant 2 dollar padlocks. What I’d really like is a Segufix waist and leg attachment, and a wall clock with only an hour hand and a thick one at that.

Essentially the idea behind that would be to set a D-ring or an O-ring on the clock hand (I might carve a shape into it like a hook) with the magnetic key attached, let the whole clock dangle over my bed but obviously out of reach, and then I’ve no choice but to literally be stuck in diapers until morning when the ring can fall off the handle and onto my bed.

Sounds like a fun experience but it is -insanely- costly. Who knows though, maybe in the future when I get a kickass job I can afford one (though I’d like a crib first…well lets broaden that to a whole nursery :P).

Oh and as for the hacksaw idea….wow no. The chain is -on- my waist, no thanks on that. I’ll keep a pair of metal cutting shears instead. The chain isn’t that thick to be honest.

Okay, no hacksaw but you might want to consider getting a rubber one. Get a packet of fake blood and you might have an incredible horror movie to put up on YouTube.

I usually have to tell myself not to panic if I get stuck in anything. I used to get stuck in a lot of things, some of which might have choked me to death, when I was a kid. Sort of made me a little claustrophobic.

That is a very creepy….yet ingenious idea. I may have to try that sometime.

I think I was going for that kind of dramatic effect. Feeling a little devilish tonight I guess. lol Actually the thought reminds me of that one scene from Terminator 2.

Ok…how does anything in this thread have anything to do with T2?

I gotta hear this one.

Well the hacksaw comment I made and your response about the lock being at your wrist. I suddenly remembered the scene in T2 where Arnie cuts a “sleeve” of his skin off to expose the endoskeleton arm in the Dyson house.

I…don’t see any relation but okay, minds will wander I guess.

Oh wait, no wonder this isn’t sticking. You said waist and not wrist. My bad. o.O Okay, then just the horror movie. Maybe it could be like a magic cabinet gone awry thing. shrugs I need more coffee.

Heh…yes…my locking panties go around my waist, not my wrists.

Well, this is embarrassing. lol Would a tray of cookies make up for it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jay Wiseman, author of S/M 101, has done a lot of research on BDSM safety. He has a background as an EMT, and does research, so he went out and gathered case histories for BDSM fatalities, injuries, etc. from police and medical reports. He presented to our group a few years back on this, and the two things I remember most from his presentation:

• 100% of the fatalities he studied involved someone in bondage/restraint and being alone (either self-bondage, or someone left them alone, etc.)

• The best indicator of an injury-producing activity was unpleasant pain. (Yes, as opposed to pain that feels good-- we’re talking BDSM people here, and some pain does feel good. Like the soreness of a muscle that’s been appropriately worked out.)

I seem to recall his data being based on ~150ish cases.

….ok

That wasn’t going to happen to me but ok then.

I believe she’s responding to me when Jaclyn says:

Famous last words. Nobody plans to die. In your case, you know you can get out of the restraints even if you lose the key. But in an emergency, can you get out in time? What if the building caught fire? What if while you were restrained, you fell and knocked yourself out? What if a tornado came? What about the other 2,000 things that probably won’t happen, but could?

It’s your risk to take, of course… I’m just trying to convey that bondage on your own, without someone to keep an eye on things and back you up, has been shown by research to be a high-risk activity.

I was referring to this specific scenario, not all scenarios in general.

In this one, I was locked in my diapers and tights but that was it. If there was a real emergency, I could have easily put on pants and dealt with the consequences later.

Also, I’m not one to deal in what if’s. If I spent my life worrying about every little thing that could hurt me I’d go insane.

Yes, I could die in a fire from being strapped down in a segufix and being unable to unlock myself. I could also suffer a heart attack from eating so much greasy, unhealthy food from taco bell or white castle. I could get run over by a car every time I cross the streets to walk to Subway. I could piss a couple of loose cannon co-workers off and they could stab me.

The idea that I should worry about every little thing is idiotic. I’m not saying I wouldn’t perform self bondage sessions recklessly, I’d take as many safety precautions as I can but even so, I’m not going to stress over unavoidable hazards like a frigging fire.

or an army of crocodiles swarming your house and devouring you. as unlikely as it sounds,it would suck if that happened. also that sounds like it would hurt. im getting distracted. anyways, i think the lesson here is, shit happens.

wouldn’t you think of cutting the panties off before you went to your parents for help?

I don’t own tools of any kind, and don’t know where they’re kept in our house. If I wanted something strong enough to cut through metal, I would have to ask my parents. And even if I could get away with disguising my body with other clothing to make the diaper and tights unnoticeable, they would still ask what I need metal cutting shears for.