ABDL Story Forum

What the heck is up with those Monster High quotes at the top of the board?

Quite a few people have messaged me in the last few days asking about them. First off let me say that tells me that a lot of you either aren’t using an ad-blocker or you have it disabled for this site as I’ve been abusing the ads plugin to display those because we do not and will not have ads on the site anytime soon. :slight_smile:

There are currently 3 of them.

This one I felt was very relevant to the community because let’s be honest, at least half the problem with this community is people are afraid to talk much out of fear of being found out. Let me assure you that every precaution that is humanly possible has been taken on the board’s side to protect your identities. Hell, you can even completely disable your public profile if you want. :slight_smile:

Unless you share personal information, no one can learn anything from the board itself. In fact not even the rest of the moderation team can see anything but the IP you registered from and your most recently used one. The only person who can see all your IP addresses is myself, and quite frankly I don’t give enough shits unless you’re causing problems to login to the database server to look them up. :slight_smile:

“This is our big chance to see what people think of us. The real us. We have to show em there’s nothing to be afraid of. If we don’t get over our fears, they never will.” – Frankie Stein ( Monster High by Lisi Harrison)

The second quote is one that while relevant to current events, it was included because it is one of Clawdia’s favorite quotes from the books. Sadly this is one reason I wish she’d actually shared some of her writing with you folks. This quote also very much reflects the underlying theme of many of her stories.

“Like Martin Luther King Jr., Frankie dreamed of living in a nation where people would not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. ” – Narrator ( Where There’s a Wolf, There’s a Way by Lisi Harrison)

The third one is pretty much included only because it was one of Clawdia’s favorite quotes from Clawdeen’s mom (Clawdeen is the Deenie referenced in the quote, FYI). I also happen to like this quote myself. :slight_smile:

“The hardest thing about being a parent is watching your kids make mistakes. Our instinct is to protect you. But you’re right, Deenie. Sometimes we have to step aside and let you make them anyway. The best we can do is be there when you mess up.” – Harriet Wolf ( Where There’s a Wolf, There’s a Way by Lisi Harrison)

So yeah, they’re just there because I could, but I wanted them to also be relevant to the community in some way. :slight_smile:

I think the quotes are a great idea and a nice homage to Clawdia. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree. :sunglasses:

2 Likes