what's with this creepy doll in the header?

Nightmares, yo.

Re: what’s with this creepy doll in the header?

Uh… Can I have some of that really awesome shit you’ve been smoking? The header is the same as it has been for well over a year.

It showed up just recently for me, about two weeks or so.

That header has not been changed…

There are literally 3 ways to do it, and I doubt Kita or Wingz would even know where to do the one, and the other 2 require my ssh private key, knowing the what I renamed all the text editors to, and either one of my tablets or my phone to generate the one time password. And seeing as how I can see none of the files have been modified based on the backup made right after the last security update that eliminates both those possibilities. If someone had modified the board setting for it there’s an internal log that would record that and it last shows it being modified when I was troubleshooting an issue with images not loading from themes a little over a year ago.

So with that in mind, I really want to know what is being smoked so I can avoid it.

I haven’t seen anything either.

Did the page margins get bigger? Everything feels narrower than it did the other day.

A little, and only in the default theme. It’s a temporary workaround for a rendering issue in Microsoft Edge for logged out users.

Is this the thing we’re talking about by the way?
Because I’m pretty sure the first time I saw it was one or two weeks ago at the most.

Uh… That’s the icon used for home screen bookmarks on iOS and Android. A smaller version used to be used for the regular bookmark icon, but it isn’t on the board itself unless some theme is really fucked up…

And for the record, that icon has been in use for almost as long as I’ve been hosting the board.

That explains why I haven’t seen it before. It shows up under often visited pages on my new phone and I didn’t have a bookmark for this forum on my old phone.

Yeah. I keep meaning to replace that icon with something a little less… Anime-ish. I originally used to make the home screen icons a little less obviously out of place than the default “what the page looked like last time you used this” ones.

Need to update it anyway as newer iOS versions don’t use that icon any longer except in history/bookmark views.

It’s gone now, but yesterday I swear I saw a creepy ass full size doll (or a computer generated image) in the dark blue box underneath “ABDL Story Forum” but above “Hello Harmony”

It was terrifying.

EDIT: Renko it kinda looks like your profile pick/sig, maybe the same artist? Probably something stuck in the server somewhere that glitched up enough to scare the hell out of me.

Renko,I think it’s Dabs,100% pure thc

I can 100% guarantee it’s not the same artist seeing as how I rendered both my sig pic (well the non-quote part) and my avatar in Daz Studio 4.6 myself ages ago. The rest of my sig is auto-generated hourly by a script on the VPS hosting it which isn’t even in the data center as the one hosting the board.

Actually, Harmony, I just had really random thought a few minutes ago.

It wasn’t a smaller version of this image but with her in a mech suit and with a silver teddy bear and an assault rifle in a case beside her?

Maybe…… i don’t remember the rifle but the bear is possible.

Could i see the source for that?

You’d have remembered the rifle. It was neon pink :stuck_out_tongue: The reason I asked is if that was the one you had seen it would mean that you somehow ended up on the fallback site on one of the other VPSes, which shouldn’t happen since it doesn’t automatically rehome the the floating IP to that VPS unless the main one is unaccessible for 15 minutes.

I assume you mean the blonde girl with the bright blue eyes on pink clouds? Yeah, you wouldn’t see it on a PC normally. Although it was also my avatar for about a week as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Not much too it really:

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
define("SITE_PATH", "/PATH/TO/public_html");
$im=imagecreatefromjpeg(SITE_PATH.'/bg.jpg');
$bg = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
$textcolor = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
exec("/usr/games/fortune -s -n 1000 -e fortunes startrek | /usr/games/cowsay -f hellokitty -W 60",$lines);
$text="";
$y=5;
$spacing=15;
foreach ($lines as $line) {
imagestring($im,2,140,$y,$line,$textcolor);
$y=$y+$spacing;
}

imagejpeg($im,SITE_PATH."/sigpic.jpg",90);
imagedestroy($im);
?>

Rough explantion:

It runs via cron once an hour so it has to have a few things defined. The SITE_PATH is the phsyical location where it writes the final image, and where (in my case) it looks for the image that makes the background. That’s just easier for me, you can really have it anywhere as long as the script can read it (the security config on my account wouldn’t let it read it and have write access to the web areas).

So basically it loads the background, and then using the fortune and cowsay programs, formats into the Hello Kitty speech bubble, and wraps it at 60 characters per line. The command arguments to fortune basically just tell it to use the standard fortunes database and the Star Trek quotes one, use short fortunes only, and redefines “short” as 1000 characters max.

It stores the output in $lines, and then runs a loop to overlay them on the image. When it’s done, it outputs it to the actual image that is used in the signature.

And yes, $bg is never used, but you have to define both a background color and a text color or the GD library gets bitchy. The BG color is always the first color allocated, hence $bg.

You have to adjust $y and $spacing relative to each other to get things to render correctly, and it depends entirely on the size you set the font to.

Oh, and since they are unchanging on any given run I didn’t variables, but the 2 in the imagestring function is the font size, and the 140 is the horizontal offset so it doesn’t draw the text on the girl so that’s a number that needs adjusting based on the actual picture. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Holy shit, just saw on the Who’s Online someone reading this from an Apple, Inc. corporate IP address O_o!