Whining

I don’t know if anyone here has ever lived in the Pittsburgh area (or southwest PA in general) but our big grocery store chain Giant Eagle used to sell super great diapers, they were plastic-backed, had fantastic gathers, and good absorbency given how cheap they were. Basically they were the ideal for someone living on a student budget and who never got time for, you know, hours of baby-time sort of thing. Anyway as of maybe six months ago they disappeared - I think the company stopped making their own, the one near my school only stocks Depends, Poise, and some rinky-dink called Top Care of Assured Quality or another generic, bland brand. I’m, uh, not very good for names. Anyway, point is, another great brand fell and was replaced by cloth-backing.

Mostly I’m hoping someone else is from around the area and can prove me wrong about it, point me to somewhere they’re still stocked - I’m allowed to dream, right?

Re: Whining

Umm…bambinos? They’re plastic backed aren’t they?

I’ll have to look into them! I’ve held off on trying Bambinos just because of shipping - but if someone so respectable says they’re worth the price I might change my tune. Thanks for the suggestions, I wasn’t sure if the higher-level depends were still plastic. I’ll file that away in my “one of these days Alice” folder.

Ok…couple of things.

Almost everyone says Bambinos are great diapers. Yes, expensive, but I have yet to see a bad review for them.

And…on the Bambino website, in big bold letters, it says all shipping is free on the continental US. Considering you’re in Pittsburg, that includes you.

I understand a student budget but these are definitely worth the price. I guess it depends on how often you wear diapers. Once or twice a day, yeah you may want some cheaper ones. A few times a week, these are worth buying. Once a week at most, like me, definitely worth the price.

Haha, I guess that makes it my fault for never even looking at the website.

I too am on a students budget. Ramen noodles may as well be a food group for me, and I invest in some bambinos every couple of months when I can. It is indeed worth it!

Attends are a decent mid-grade plastic-backed diaper (the regular six-tape version). If you go on the Attends website (www.attends.com or www.attends.us) you can use their storefinder and locate pharmacies or grocery stores in your area that carry them. Pittsburgh is a big city, so I’m sure you ought to be able to find at least a base minimum of three to five retailers that carry them and as many as ten to fifteen depending on how wide your search area is.